Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Complete Coverage Team

Rayquazza

Hey guys I created this team for the purpose of OU Single Battles and light tournaments. I would like to keep this singles and so on.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk | -Atk)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Trick

Chandelure mostly takes the job of defensive switch-ins and others. Being Scarfed and having 252 EVs in Speed gives Chandelure the advantages it needs. Heat Wave and Shadow Ball for STAB and Energy Ball for Coverage. Energy Ball while Scarfed takes out the unsuspecting Swampert. Trick is for crippling Pokemon into something like a stat raiser or resisted move.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid (+Spe | -Atk)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Sp.Atk | 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Starmie takes the role of the Special Sweeper. Extra speed usually let's it out speed other Starmie. Hydro Pump is for STAB and extra power. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for coverage. Recover to heal off the Life Orb Damage. The massive move pool is really great.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def | -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 Sp.Def | 172 Atk | 8 Def | 156 HP
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

Forretress is the hazard-set of the team. This set is pretty much standard suicide lead. Unless you can predict something else to lead that you can OHKO, this is your lead. Since most people try to OHKO him with Fire I have the Sturdy\Custap combo to counter. Basically you set you hazards; Sturdy; Custap Berry Explosion. That is what the extra attack EVs are for.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk | -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Atk | 4 HP
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-U-Turn
-Superpower

Scizor is a great revenge killer as well as a fast sweeper. If someone gets knocked out when they are close to a KO that is where Scizor comes in. Bullet Punch for killing and STAB. Swords Dance for set-up. U-Turn for coverage and switch. And Superpower for coverage. I like to bait Scizor for a fire move then switch into Chandelure for Flash Fire.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk | -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP | 100 Atk | 152 Def | 100 Sp.Def
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Curse
-Crunch

Snorlax is a beast when it comes to taking hits and hitting back harder. Body Slam is for STAB and paralysis. Fire Punch for Coverage. Curse for setting up. And Crunch for Gengar. This monster is sure to do lots of damage.

Luxray @ Electric Gem
Nature: Adamant (+Atk |- Sp.Atk)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Atk | 4 HP
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Wild Charge
-Superpower

Luxray serves as an attacker mostly. I also use it as surprises for the likes of Gengar and others. Crunch for coverage. Ice Fang for Coverage. Wild Charge for STAB. Superpower for Coverage also.

That is an in-depth look at my team. It struggles with teams that are proven with pokemon like Hydreigon, Tyranitar and Heatran. It really depends on weather you get a good start or not. Please Rate This team. All advice helps. Thanks. Good Luck

for the snorlax, wouldn't it be better to have metronome or work up instead of curse, because it's better to keep your speed. andd defense would be okay if you gave it some EVs (assuming you have any left. if not, i suggest working up another snorlax).

Ok, in no particular order. And before I start, I'd just like to say that this team seems pretty well rounded, kudos.

1. Luxray is too weak for OU. Magnezone, Zapdos (who's technically UU), or Rotom-W just serve the purpose so much better. Yes, they are all special attackers, but they're sturdier, have better coverage, and hit harder for what they're worth. Also, Rotom-W destroys Heatran.

2. Snorlax should have Earthquake over Fire Punch. The idea for coverage is nice, but it's just not worth sacrificing the ability to hit Rock/Heatran for SE damage. It'd probably help a little against your T-tar/Heatran matchup, too.

3. Scizor has a Choice Band and Swords Dance. One or the other, you can't have both. Maybe this was just an oversight, but Leftovers or Life Orb would be a better choice if you want Swords Dance, as well as swapping Super Power for Roost and U-turn for Bug Bite. Alternatively, you could have a Choice Band and run Pursuit over Swords Dance.

4. You lack a way to remove status on any of your Pokemon. You might want to consider various options, such as Rest on Snorlax, who's supposed to be a tank, or putting a cleric on the team. There are plenty of other things you could do, like ignore it, just something to think about.

5. I really don't like that Forretress. Suicide lead defeats the purpose of using Forre as a Rapid Spinner later, which would be good with Chandelure on your team. I'd suggest making it either more defensive, or swapping to a suicide lead like Azelf, who's fast and powerful, or a ton of others like Aerodactyl, just to name one. But just not making your only Pokemon with Rapid Spin use Explosion.

As for other various things, Toxic Spikes and Body Slam don't mesh all too well, you can't paralyze if they're already poisoned. Return or Spikes would be a good alternative for one of them. Keep the Snorlax essentially how it is, although swap fire punch out. Curse is a great move for it, so keep that.

As for type analysis. If you swap Luxray for Rotom-W, the only types you're weak against and have no resist are Rock and Electric. However, it's only one weakness to each type, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. Other than that, you'd have at least a number of resistances equal to each weakness (I.e, two Dark weaknesses, two Dark resistances), more in other cases. Notably, every Pokemon on your team would resist Ice, funnily enough, and 5/6 would resist Steel. So this is a pretty solid team, I just think you should consider some alternatives to stuff, and you should be set.

Back