Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The ever-elusive Rainbow Energy Scheme

Venjamin

Okay. I'm certain that if I searched, I would find countless articles on Rainbow Energy and how sexy it is, all that good stuff. But currently, a friend of mine and I are having an issue. We're practicing for the State Championships, and it's come up a few times; neither of us can remember. Here's the situation.

Arcanine ex - 120 HP
Poke-body. Fire Remedy. Whenever you attach a R energy from your hand to Arcanine ex, remove 1 damage counter and all special conditions from arcanine ex.

RC - Overrun - 30 dmg
Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's benched pokemon; don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon.

RRC - Flame Swirld - 100 dmg
Discard 2 R energy or 1 React Energy card attached to arcanine ex.

She equips it with a Holon's Electrode posing as its double-rainbow-energy form. We're uncertain on whether or not two things apply:

1 - Rainbow Energy [ in any form ] provides fire energy in the required manner as listed on the card, to trigger the effect of Fire Remedy, and if it does, does it remove 2 damage?

2 - Rainbow Energy [ in any form ] counts as fire energy to pay for Flame Swirl's discard cost. [ I.E, can you discard 2 Rainbow Energy, or Holon's Electrode to use the effect ]?

This is probably a recurring question, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Thanks!

-Ven

Psyco answered Question #1.

2. Yes, anything that provides Fire energy can be discarded for Arcanines attack. A Holons Electrode can pay the cost of both Fire Energies.

I actually believe it doesn't work. The Rainbow isn't fire until it is attached. When you attach an R FROM YOUR HAND to Arcanine, remove the damage counter. Literally, the rainbow isn't fire in the hand.

This is just my opinion and I don't know if this is near right.

Its nto an R in teh hand, but the minute it hits the field it is one of every color, so its counts as R then. Arcy isnt referring to it in teh hand, its refering to hwne its atached, meanign its in play and counting for R

There is no stack in Pokemon, so since it is Fire at the moment it is attached to Arcanine ex, the Power is triggered.

Back