Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Mew/Rukario/Pikachu*/Mewtwo* tin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Star

Since this tin has been out since the 16th, does anyone have spoilers, or better yet, pictures of the cards that it has?

I really want to buy this but I can't seem to sign up for the one place I've found that's selling it, since its in Japan. I wanna know what the Crawdaunt ex and Mightyena ex do!

Was it Wakaba?

I wouldn't know why they wouldn't let you sign up there, but who knows. I've ordered one from there, I've just wondered if anyone has received one before me.

i should recieve mine tomorrow. funny...i was gonna make a thread here where i'd post pics and stuff when i get it.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/card/images/index_1104_image02.jpg
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/card/images/index_1104_image01.jpg

*points at the Mewtwo*

YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAY!

*goes to make triple Energy usage Quagsire**

Hi folks,

vincent0906 translated the more valueable cards. So all credit belongs to him. Since he contributed several spoilers in the past I figuredit would be fine to share the assistence he gave to me. Please remember that all credit for the spoilers belong to vincent0906.

Here are his spoilers for the Pokémon ex in the tin:

Mew ex
Basic Psychic Pokémon
Hit Points: 90
Poké-Power: Psycho View
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is on your bench, you may look at your opponent's hand.
[CC] Super Psy: 30
[PCC] Devo Carsh: 50
You may discard two energy attached to this Pokémon, if you do, shuffle the top evolution card from the defending Pokémon into opponent's deck. This count as devolution of the defending Pokemon.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: P

Comments: Nice in combination with Mew ex from Eidolon Forest combined with vengance moves.

Mightyena ex
Stage one Darkness Pokémon
Hit Points: 100
Poké-Power: Black Lure
Once during your turn, choose one of your opponent's active Pokémon, and switch it with one of your opponent's benched Pokémon. Your opponent choose the bench Pokémon to switch. You can't use this Poké-Power if this Pokémon is affected by a special condition.
[CC] Strong Bite: 30
[DCC] Hyper Claw: 50+
If the defending Pokémon is a stage two evolved Pokemon, this attack does 40 more damage.
Retreat Cost: none
Weakness: F
Resistence: P

Comments: Nice cleaner since the base damage suffices to knock out most basics in one hit and can also take on stage one evolutions. Combine him with another comditional cleaner who works on a different comdition. The Poké-Power is awesome too and can mess with the other side in case there is no resource manipulation at hand.

Crawnaunt ex
Stage one Water Pokémon
Hit Points: 110
Poké-Power: Splash Return
Once during your turn, if your opponent has four or more benched Pokémon, you may choose one of them and return it with all cards attached to your opponent’s hand.
[WC] Power Blow 20x
Does 20 times the number of energy attached to this Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: L

Comments: This one can be nice in a Walrein deck once Sealeo from Eidolon Forest is released. Focus the resources on Water and Boost for a fast and consistent beatdown. One teched Walrein Ex will cover the resource manipulation costs on usual. Did not check the idea out so there are no data on the speed and consistency of the deck idea thus far. The Poké-Power is interesting but rather conditional. Most decks which use a large bench tend to depend on it and the Poké-Power does disrupt these decks. However it is much more conditional than Mightyena ex and a little less effective than Giant Stump from my point of view.

Legend's Lukario
Basic Metal Pokémon
Hit Points: 100
[C] Forges
Attach a [F] or [M] energy from your hand to this Pokémon.
[FC] Critical Ball
Does 30 damage to one of your opponent's Pokémon.
[MCC] Extra Claw: 50+
If the defending Pokémon is a Pokémon ex this attack does 20 more damage.
Weakness: R
Resistence: G

Comments: This Pokémon is considered to be an owner's Pokémon.

There are also two Pokémon* and several stage one elvolution lines in the tin. Most of the stage one evolution lines can dish out 60 damage for two colorless and a colored energy but it looks like the Pokémon also does ten damage to itself. However the content is much better than previous tins. Furthermore these tins make awesome tournament prices from first hand experience :tongue:.

Last edited:
Dark Umbreon said:
Hi folks,

Mew ex
Basic Psychic Pokémon
Hit Points: 90
Poké-Power: Psycho View
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is on your bench, you may look at your opponent's hand.
[CC] Super Psy: 30
[PCC] Devo Carsh: 50
You may discard two energy attached to this Pokémon, if you do, shuffle the top evolution card from the defending Pokémon into opponent's deck. This count as devolution of the defending Pokemon.
Weakness: P

Comments: Nice in combination with Mew ex from Eidolon Forest combined with vengance moves.

smp might have just gotten better ;)

Hi Benlugia,

There are better combos with these two Mew ex out. Some that actual work as a team.

Hi shiftrymaster68,

Same here. Mightyena ex works real nice with Dark Hypno thus far. Wish there would be a decent fire stage one evolution line that combos with him since that would look so much better. He also works well in Dark Heart as a further Darkness disabler to increase the felxible tactic shift abilities of this deck.

Last edited:
Mew Ex is a nice tech with the other Mew Ex from EF and Crawdaunt seems funny especially with cards like Boost Nrg...but Mightyena? LoL...I don't see anything good about it? The power is nice, but do you seriously want to add one Stage1 Evo for a power I could just play Warp Point or Cyclone Energy instead? Nope...sorry I don't

Crawdaunt's power looks awesome! What set is this from? Eiloden Forest/Legend Maker? Or something else? When is it coming to the US?

Jigglychu said:
Crawdaunt's power looks awesome! What set is this from? Eiloden Forest/Legend Maker? Or something else? When is it coming to the US?
promo tin. look at the title of the thread...
and the tin will probably never come to america. however, the cards (excluding lucario, as, once again, it has an owner in its name) could come in holon phantom, which will be out in may.

light_gengar said:
So are these cards even going to be playable in events such as worlds?

There's no way to know yet. Hopefully PUI will get it together and release these cards in the US, either in Holon Phantom or Legend Maker. I WANT that Mew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back