Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The power of Pokemon Music

yoshi1001

For those of you who have been in cryogenic stasis for the last week and a half, I've been running a petition to get more Pokemon music released outside of Asia. I finally reached 100 signatures today, and I'd like to share some of the comments I've gotten:

Music is often referred to as the "Universal Language". As such, this institution transcends into many different genres of popular culture. Anime is one such example of this. Music accentuates the mood and the tone of a particular scene in a animated, (or live action film) film, and incites use of the imagination, especially if a soundtrack gets released prior to a film.

Pokemon, in this regard, is no different. Miazaki does a brillient job with matching the mood of a Pokemon film with appropriate melodies and/or symphonic pieces that complement the scene and or film perfectly. This is an artform, that is very rarely duplicated. Standouts include, Mark Snow (X-Files), John Williams (Star-Wars, Schindler's List, Indiana Jones) John Berry (The Persuaders, James Bond) and Jerry Goldsmith (Star-Trek).

Pokemon music rules because it carries a message

Most of it has at least something to do with the general story of Pokemon (which I love) and lets me surround myself further in it when I want to.

I think it give a wonderful flavor of sound to the universe we play in. Sometimes I think that the song inspires more than a battle on a movie. Basically the music of Pokemon shows kids why we are trainers! Plus there are fun and cheerful songs that are just plain fun to sing! I would love to see more like the themes from season four, five, and six. Along with some of the illusive songs like Cele-B-R-A-T-E (Pokemon 4ever), Pikachu's Pikaboo Theme (Pokemon 4ever), Secret Garden (Pokemon Heroes), and Pokemon Howdown (Pokemon Heroes: Camp Pikachu). Please I want to hear more fun songs!

I think there is a good range of music and I especially like the orchestral music featured in the japanese pokemon films such as the musical score featured in 'Serebii Toki Wo Koeta Deai' (in other words, Pokemon 4 Ever). Its ashame they haven't released the soundtrack for Pokemon 4Ever because a lot of effort was put into producing that music.

Why don't you guys just sign on Yoshi1001 as your music man!?! I'm just kidding. Don't worry!

It would be nice if there was some hard rock Pokemon music (that would probably be extremely hard to make though). It wouldn't be all that hard if you were able to get some sort of a contract with Evanescence, Linkin Park, Nickelback, or something of that sort.

And the other CD I do have is Yoshi1001's "What was that you said?" single album. Heh.

I am a fan of pokemon music from the games and the anime, i really love them, i really want to hear more of it, remixes from the game music would be fantastic, i am sure they are lots of other music fans like me that would love them too! I live in the uk, i have only even seen 2BA master in the store, and i couldnt buy it because i didnt have enough, next time when i had enough, it wasnt there

I would like to see more of it released in the future, worldwide, not just the usa and japan!

And the list goes on and on. By they way, there's still time to sign before I send the petition out. Just click the link in my signature and fill it out.

Last edited:
*shrugs* I just buy the Japanese soundtracks; they're vastly superior to the crap 4Kids puts out. Why bother having them bring them over and make an American version of the soundtrack when they're just going to butcher them by putting in lousy flavor-of-the-month pop songs, like the "Mewtwo" cd?

'mom

Back