Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Redshark Rogue Grand Prix

LegendaryLugia

I will give you ONE MORE WEEK to play your games. Please play your games Saturday 15th March

Ever played in another tournament with a rogue and lost to a Dusknoir? This year, did you play in a CC and was 1-turn donked against Kingdra? I say:

NO MORE!

:pokeball:THE REDSHARK ROGUE GRAND PRIX IS HERE! :pokeball:

We're scouring the gym for the most talented rogue player or team. Sign up to prove that you are the best rogue player on the gym!!!

There are only 16 spaces so SIGN UP NOW! We may extend to 16-32 players if there is a good response. You can either enter as a team or a single player. Each round will be best of three. If you win, you get to put it on your sig :thumb:!

You may only enter with one, rogue deck

You may not modify your deck between games or rounds

Report any cheating or abusive behaviour to me, LegoMan on hamachi or LegendaryLugia on the gym or pokebeach

Hamachi network name: Rogue Grand Prix
Hamachi network password: p

Please do not join this network if you are not playing in this tournament. Post here and leave your Hamachi nickname, then you are free to join the network.

A deck must contain exactly 60 cards, at least 1 basic pokemon and no more than 4 of one card except for basic energy cards.

Please do not play a non-rogue deck in this tournament or you will be disqualified.

Please do nto attempt to play in this tournament if you do not have the latest version of Redshark installed on your computer. You cannot play with Apprentice or Lackey or any other PTCG simulator in this tournament.

Who's in so far:

1. Varna (hamachi Giygas)
2. Lucario-Master
3. PokemansForGeeks
4. chanman50
5. Blaziken 1111
6. octillery49
7. deredd04
8. Sandslash7 (hamachi F41c0)
9. falcom4ever
10. luca
11. afstandopleren
12. BloodDraek
13. smacktack15
14. NidoPrince
15. The Knee
16. Ariadosman

Round 1

Varna vs. Lucario-Master

Pokemans for geeks vs. chanman50

Blaziken 1111 vs. octillery49 Blaziken1111 winner

deredd04 vs. Sandslash 7 Sandslash7 winner

falcom4ever vs. luca luca winner

afstandopleren vs. BloodDraek

smacktack15 vs. NidoPrince

the Knee vs. Ariadosman

Have fun,

LL :thumb:

Last edited:
This year, did you play in a CC and was 1-turn donked against Kingdra? I say:

Actually, I was the one 1-turn donking with Kingdra.:lol:

I'd like to join, but what exactly would qualify as a rogue deck?

Could I run Dusknoir/Gliscor since it started as a rogue deck?

What about some sort of Leafeon varient? For example, my friend played at one point Leafeon/Kyogre.
KyLeafy isn't a common Leafeon deck and he thought of it himself, but Leafeon could be considered an archetype.

Blissey was an archetype at one point, does that mean I can't run my Blissey/Steelix/Energy Link deck?

What if I played Dusknoir with something completely random, like Bibarel? Would that be considered rogue?

So long as your deck does not run any very commonly used pokemon, aka Dusknoir, Machamp, Regigas, Tyranitar, it would be considered rogue. It would not matter if you ran Dusknoir with Bibarel, as an archetype DP-on card would be in the deck. The only exception is if you tech one in, like Dusknoir DP in a Flygon deck or something. HP-on archetype decks that have been modified except for any form of GG. So, yes, you could run Blissey or a Leafeon variant. Do not run Infernape or Magmortar, though.

well I used a rogue deck for some CC and came 2nd and 4th and then played machamp and came 2nd but Ill go back to my good rogue deck.
so sighn me up

You can play any deck that doesn't include one of these cards:

Dusknoir SF1
Dusknoir Lv.X SF
Regigas Lv.X
Gliscor Lv.X
Gliscor
Magmortar SW
Gardevoir SW
Gallade SW
Kingdra LA
Machamp SF
Torterra Lv.X
Tyranitar
Magnezone Lv.X
All Magnezone from LA
Gengar SF
Any form of AMU
Grass Scizor
Empoleon MD

You may tech in Gardevoir SW as a 1-0-1 line. You may run the pokemon searching Magnezone as a tech. You can use the promo and DP magnezones.

You can run Obama, but can we make sure that not all 16+ entrants use it please?

If anyone disagrees with this list can you please post here.

Octillery49: nice idea - Blissey/Steelix/Energy Link

Last edited:
FINALLY! I don't have to worry about freaking Dusknoirs.....

I think that you need to add Scizor/Cherim, Gengar and AMU. It won a couple of cities here in N. Texas. Also, is Claydol allowed?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Hey, LL. I am having trouble getting into the network. I have been putting in the correct name and password and its not letting me in...

Last edited:
You can run Cherrim, but not Scizor, I added Gengar and AMU. You can run Claydol.

deredd04 - I will create a new network for the tournament because of this problem. I shall post up it's name and password soon.

as soon as we have 16 players

smacktack, deredd04, octillery49 - are you playing in the tournament?

Last edited:
I have one more question. are we allowed to use the LA AMUs as techs? like 1-1 of Azelf, 1 or 2 Misprit or a 3-1 or 2-1 Uxie? I have a deck Idea, but it uses Misprit as techs.

yes, you are (seventeen characters)

the new network is:

network name: Rogue Grand Prix
password: p

Last edited:
Umm I would disagree with all of last formats decks. GG isn't an archetype anymore really and same with empoleon and mag. Infernape was never used and same with glisgar. They arent' archetypes.

Also I'll play.

I updated the list. You can now use GG and Empoleon. You cannot play magmortar as it is still common in today's metagame. Infernape cannot be used (InferTran) and neither can Gliscor.

Please join the new network, do not attempt to join the old one as it has been deleted.

Last edited:
Magmortar?? It is common? I've never heard of anyone playing magmortar or infernape... but that's just me.

I'd say GG would be banned over the two of them^

Yeah, GG/Empo dominated the late last season, but they are allowed, yet Infernape and Magmortar, which did well at the beginning ~ middle of LAST season are banned... That's kinda weird logic you have there... I will probably join anyway, but it's still backwards choices of "rogue".

Back