The Reign of Gardelade: Ended at last!

Discussion in 'Feature Articles' started by Muscovy Level X, Apr 27, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

That was then...
    This is now...

Gardelade of 2008-2009
    Gardelade has now dropped with the loss of DRE and Scramble energy. Most players have most their enthusiasm about playing a deck that is no longer broken, when the whole metagame has been working out ways to beat it since Secret Wonders.

Here's today's a decent Gardelade (or G&G or PLOX, no one's on the name kick anymore) list.

1 Gardevoir Lv.X
    3 Gardevoir
    3 Gallade
    3 Kirlia
    4 Ralts
    2 Claydol
    2 Baltoy
    1 Dusknoir
    1 Duskull SW

7 Psychic
    5 Fighting
    3 Call Energy

2 Moonlight Stadium
    3 Roseanne's Research
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintenance
    3 POV
    3 TGW
    2 Buble Coat
    2 Warp Point

Not too difrent in the basics of the deck. The good energy are gone, Call is here to stay, and Pheobe's Stadium is gone, letting Dark types have free switch too.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks New Member

Good job on the article, I really like the pairings part. But there are a bunch a SD out there that can go unexpectedly up against G&G and Plox.

3. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

I don't like your Plox list.
    It fails to have that/those extremely important tech line(s).
    AND it lacks the 4 Call Energy that's almost a necessity for such a deck.
    Still, it prolly sets up just fine. It's just different.

Nice article, regardless. The lists could use some work, but overall you did a good job.

4. ninetales1234

ninetales1234 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Suggestion for PokéGym: require all article submissions to be spell-checked.
    If you have Microsoft Word (this is true of other programs as well) all you gotta do is hit one button.
    Otherwise nice article.

5. Bohn

Bohn New Member

wait... no dusknoir? 4 tgm? 4 tgw? no pluspower? you consider this plox?!
    this is just LOL.

6. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Your PLox needs Dusknoir and Pachirisu/Call Energy in it, badly. As for the TGM, it slows PLox down and makes it much worse, I tested it for a long time, and PLox can get by with 2 or 3 TGW. Pluspower is more common to the G&G variety.

7. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Hey guys, it probablly just a sample list, we all know what Plox looks like articles like, these articles are more to get the outer circle of players closer to the inner circle (If that makes since). Even though I don't know where you have been in the last year if you haven't seen Gardevoir

8. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Great article. At least the deck is dead next season more than likely.

9. OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER New Member

I agree with yoyo, PLOX runs duskinoir always and pachy/tauros.

10. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

But . . . this is a terrible example of PLOX list. Mars is perhaps the worst possible draw card you can put in a deck nowadays, and there are no Scrambles/Calls/Pachis in EITHER list.

I'm not one to directly bash somebody's hard work, but this is one of the worst decklists I've ever seen in any article. It's dated 4/27/08 and Absol's still in there, and there are buttloads of draw 2-3 cards. -_-

This article will ensure that those outer-circle players will remain right where they are.

11. Muscovy Level X

I'm going to have to update it. I did this shortly after GE, and I never thought it would be front page'd, despite the point being relavent.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

There. Added in the point on next format's G&G, and mentioned 2 counters I forgot earlier.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  12. Maik Reimann

Maik Reimann New Member

Nice article, but what did you think about Grumpig from Crystal Guardiens against G&G?

[​IMG]

With his attack, it can minimum eat one Gardy or Galla (and his body giv you a auto-resistence against pokemons like Infernape, Empoleon ore something, but this is for other decks and not for G&G). ^^

Cya, Maik Reimann.

13. Muscovy Level X

I guess it is worth mentioning, since the body can help against some of our biggest Archtypes.

14. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

Nice article. Good job.
    It just inspired me to make a deck that will hopefully effectively counter GG/Plox, while still holding its own against other decks.
    Thanks.

15. Muscovy Level X

I almost did that for nats. The best counter deck you could use is basicly the old R-Gon. Obviously with less Poke-Power reliance.

16. master of puppets

LOL. I played R-gon at Nats and went 4-5 (although considering I saw a mere 2 Candy in my first 4 games, among other flukes, I guess thats alrigh).
    What I meant was that while reading this article I thought of a combo that I prolly wouldn\'t have if I weren\'t reading this at the time.

17. Muscovy Level X

This is what I was planning on running:

2 Flygon d ex
    1 Flygon ex
    2 Flygon d
    3 Vibrava d :)psychic:)
    4 Trapinch d :)psychic:)
    1 Mew d *
    2 Exegutor d
    1 Exegutor (MT)
    3 Exegcute d
    2 Aerodactyl (MD)
    2 Old Amber

4 Delta Rainbow
    4 :grass:
    1 Special :metal:
    6 Psychic

2 Pheobe's Stadium <--Note how I use it over Moonlight Stadium. 2 less retreat for :psychic: Pokes does just as well, and :dark: types can't take advantage.
    4 Bebe
    3 Roseanne
    4 Dusk Ball
    2 TGW
    2 Mars
    1 Night Maintenance
    4 Rare Candy

I held off an the usual Fearow to rely less on Powers. The Aerodactly line is also specialy for what I call "G&G-Gon", since it messes with Cosmic Power and Telepass.

This is the only decent deck that I'm aware of that acts as a G&G counter. All other good counters only really work as Techs.

18. Muscovy Level X

And I apologise for the lists being bad, but the point of this article is how to beat the decks, not how to make them.

19. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Could you please add the Empoleon/Bronzong AKA Edgar.dec matchup? It's about 45-55 for plox.

20. master of puppets

Yea, I think that deck was a fair contender against it.
    The Zong and Emp spread, plus both of their ability to net a OHKO with a scramble is great.
    It can also use Cess. which is always a plus for a GG counter.

Although, just of the record, that was a deck WAY before it was your secret deck, Pika. Some of my friends from AZ used it, but they top cut with it. And it saw play in Utah right after Bronzong and Empoleon were released.