The Rundown

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Psycho_Lugia_X, Feb 11, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

Welcome to a very special edition of a Psycho_Lugia_X thread...

A few people wanted to know about this...

It is a follow up to the One Thousand Members Contest...

This is where the fork of the discussion of the contest and the results of the contest begins...

That's right, this weekend, I'll begin the disclosure of what i got from the good people of the boards!

Special Note (deterring from the drama, I know): I came home from school Monday to find two boxes from the postman at my door. The anticipation! I took my time studying the appendix contents, but spent a couple of hours sorting, organizing, and absorbing the Sandstorm set---the main event. I ended up getting carried away and to make a long story short (too late, i know), i ran late into the night with my homework. So, that is why i didnt open the box of Heroes...I am debating with a friend whether to open it or not...

So, The Rundown: More than likely this weekend (we got next week off due to "Ski" Break as we call it) I'll divulge exactly what i found in my pots (or boxes) of gold. I'll leave the rest of the week up to speculation.

Have fun...then again, I doubt you all'll be able to top mine! ^_^

Thanks again to the Generous Ones!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I detest you...

free stuff, more than I'll ever get...

bah...

3. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Gloating now are we?? ;)

J/K Have fun going through the stuff and congrats again!Now,what will the next contest give out...;)

`Sensei

4. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Okay, once again, I don't collect the cards much and what not, so take my opinion with the grain of salt and such, but if I collected all aspects of the cards, I'd look forward to contests that offer things that I can't normally get. Don't get me wrong, sets and boxes are nice and what not, but how about promotional posters like what you see haning in stores? Japanese cards (espically promos and such)? 1,000,000 energy cards (I wonder what the shipping on this would be...)... If you've got any good contacts with Nintendo and such, see what they can hook you up with - promotional artwork maybe? Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green before the release date? Who knows?

Also, a neat thing would be to throw in something Pokémon-related autographed by everyone at the 'Gym/TC (Admin-wise, that is...)

Anywhoo, that's just my two cents... Hope it's worth something. :)

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yeah but, y'know, we've only actually all been in one place together one time, back two years ago...

6. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

That's what snail mail is for! :) (just hope it doesn't get lost!)

7. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

Just as somethign to think about before i can get around to posting what i got, any ideas about SS deck ideas?

I already have my Pokémex deck in mind, investing ever lotad related vato in the deck...

...On another note, i kept wondering what the big deal was about Gardy, and man i saw it in my very own hands and was thinking: I cant believe they printed this!

Also, that Raichu EX is begging to go into a deck...

Any sleeper cards i should look at? Like i was considering Dusk cuz the instakill is sooo tempting...but, cheee, the coinflip is so dettering...what do you guys think is my best bet?

Note, I'm a casual player, but i hate losing...

Hmm...this brings me to wonder, is SS even a good set? Is it like good, but not great compared to say...Dragon? I havent seen that much Dragon...

OK! Here's the Rundown!
    Let's see....

to recap:
    i got the entire SS with the reverse holo's of all of em, minus the EX's
    A box of Gym Heroes
    The giant Artic/Zap/Molt 3-in-1 card (It's funny: on the back of this GIANT card there is "Not for Play" printed on it)

...And the random stuff i got (all reverse holo!) :
    2x Elms
    A Jumpluff
    A Shining Gyara
    A Suicune (Revelation)
    An Armaldo (Prerel)
    A Groudon EX (Nin. Pwr. Promo)
    A Kyogre EX (Nin. Pwr. Promo)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004