Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The So called secret rare

OHB

are the "secret rare" that rare? I say no its not that rare its the same chance as any holo its only slighly rare because it don't have a reverst holo. Do you guys rember the old card dark rychu its the same thing that card didn't have a rare so it just made its slighty harder. It still the same chance on geting a holo card. Thoes who think differenty please post glad to read your oppion.

It is a secret rare because it's not listed in the set list, at least not in the set list the judges gave us for the PreRelease Tournament.

I would say that the dragons secret rares are as rare as a holo, but that was because the holos were more rare than the EX's. In the new set, I would say that the jirachi is as rare as the EX's. The holos are less rare than the ex's in this set. Absol on the other hand is on a totally different rarity scheme than everyone else because it comes one in a box and no other way to get it. So...it is worth one a box.

I'd say Jirachi is more rare because at the prerelease, only about 5 people got one out of 60 something...The appearance of Jirachi can be easily regulated as it is only one card that they can be manually put in as apposed to randomly.

Silver Chaos said:
... The appearance of Jirachi can be easily regulated as it is only one card that they can be manually put in as apposed to randomly.

You are making the assumption that Jirachi is printed seperately and inserted into random boosters, but I doubt that is the case. My guess is that it is laid out on the master sheet along with all the other Holos, so it gets packaged just like any other Holo.

BDS

They're Secret Rare, not Super Rare.

If anything, the Absol is less rare because you are guaranteed to get one per box.

PokePop said:
If anything, the Absol is less rare because you are guaranteed to get one per box.

However, they come as a prize for buying a box, so they're only easy for us addicted boardies with money to get ;)

Last edited:
Don't forget Reverse Holo TV Reporter. Nintendo fooled us ALL on that "Secret Rare" (or should I say "Ultra Rare?").

Back