Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Texas Rangers make history...

Hatter™

The Texas Rangers set a modern day record today by scoring 30 UNANSWERED RUNS! to beat the Baltimore Orioles 30-3 in game 1 of a double header(THATS RIGHT THEY STILL HAVE ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY!!!):eek::eek:

So this is a proud day in texas ranger history, but how would you feel if you were an oriole fan???

and let me say this again

30-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
wow. you know i think this team can be a world series contender in a few years with guys like salty and young and kinsler

I saw this on ESPN news, and the first thing I do is tell my dad, who is a Baltimore fan. Let's just say the conversation had many words that the Gym finds inappropriate. I thought it was very funny, since, after the highlights, they tell you that the Orioles manager just got a contract extention through next year. Way to celebrate that new contract skipper:lol:.

Maybe they can make it to the playoffs and lose first round like all of our other teams here in Dallas.

I thought it was a football game when I saw the score on the bottom, then I saw the teams. I was like "Oh, wow."

Yah, now if it only MATTERED in the pennant race, the rangers are so far in the cellar they still aren't making the playoffs.

Here is an even interesting tidbit. The Orioles pitching staff had the 7th best team ERA in the American league (after 120 or so games) before this game. After this game, they dropped to 11th in Team ERA in AL! :eek:

Keith

If any of you knew anything about the orioles you would've noticed that the pitchers they scored the runs against were some of the most inconsistant people to ever play the game. Cabrera started and looked great, but then fell apart after and infield single. Then burress who either has been great of terrible comes and and the rangers blow the game open. After that Trembly doesn't really bother to use his best relivers because he still needs them for game 2 and this game was already hopeless. So he puts in guys they walk the bases loaded and then give up a grand-slam or 2. For example, Paul Shuey (who has this annoying habit of walking a bunch of guys) pitched the eight inning and gave up 10 runs. he was then put out to finish the game in the 9nth. Trembly did that becuase there was another game to play right after this one and the game was hopeless so he didn't use the good relievers.
And is it really the managers fault if the guy he puts in blows it? This loss was hardly trembly's fault.

And to answer the question of how O's fans react. I can't even remember what you are talking about. The o's never even played a double header and they certainly didn't lose 30-3. Oh and they are 8-4 against NY.

Can't forget the fact that Game 1 actually took less time then Game 2 (by 7 minutes), and that the 30 runs by the Rangers were unanswered by the O's (they were down 3-0 in the 4th)...Also, thanks to the brilliant rules that are in effect by Major League Baseball, Rangers Relief Pitcher Wes Littleton, because he finished the game with 3 scoreless innings, got a SAVE!!

Oh by the way, its a good thing the Rangers got that offense out of their system, because the Mariners are now in town, looking to sneak into First in the AL West.

Back