Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The THIRD ANNUAL "GEORGIA MARATHON"....!!!!

GrandDaddy

Are You Ready...?? Can you Compete...?? Can you HAVE FUN...?? The 3rd Annual Georgia Marathon
is ON...!!! Where else can you travel and play Pokemon for 10 Days in a Row...?? Where else can you
pick up So Many Points in such a short span of time with Great Competition...??:thumb:

We will Start this years Event in Dothan, Alabama on December 26th...the next day 30 miles up
road in Ozark, Alabama. Then on the 28th we play in Newnan, Ga....the 29th in Franklin, Ga. I will
run these Events...then we move to the Atlanta area where Greg Wyman will run the next 3...the
30th will be in Kennesaw, Ga., the 31st in Lawrenceville, Ga. January 1st in Marietta at the
McDonald's where we played 61 last year. Tymon will run one on the 2nd Lilburn, GA...I will run the
last 2 in the Savannah area...Pooler on the 3rd and Statesboro on the 4th. Check the Pokemon
Site for Details.

Stephen Silvestro, the Reigning Masters World Champion will be playing in most of these Events.
So will Justin Whitaker the Reigning Juniors National Champion. Justin will now be playing as a
Senior.

The GEORGIA PLAYERS Are Ready......So is ALABAMA....I know FLORIDA WILL BE THERE...
John Sivestro, Randy & Aaron Curry, Jim & Grafton Roll, Jim & Bobby Malec, Twitchy, Omar, Ryan
Vergel...and many more Good Florida Players. What about North Carolina...? Will Jeff Reynolds be
there with Michael and Tracey...?? What about Kyle Sablehaus...? Who will you bring from South
Carolina...?? I know 2 PTO's will come from Tennessee...Keith and Alex Haas from Sieverville...and
Clay and Taylor Mitchell from Memphis...Who will be coming with you guys...?? What about Rick
Mitchell and his players from Nashville....?? I know that Ken, Nita, and Brandon Cross will be there...
T.J. , Jennifer and Noah Sawyer...Colt and Alex...who else from the Chattanooga area....?? Is
anyone from Mississippi or Louisiana planning on coming...?? What about ther Craig Family in
Florida...?? Anyone else have this GREAT EVENT on their Holiday Social Calendar...?? Come one
Come All.....This EVENT is Getting Bigger and Better...WHAT A POKEMON BLAST FOR THE
HOLIDAYS......!!!!!:biggrin::smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be the first to say YIPPEE!! Dlynn is having a bone marrow transplant for the next 3-4 weeks but assuming that she is good by then we will be there for as many as we can. Otherwise, I send Grafton up with John and Steve. So book us a couple of spots. Thanks for getting the dates up. I encourage all those that can make it to do so. This is one of the best things going and we look so forward to it each year.

Woo!

Looks like I'll be playing Newnan, Franklin, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, and maybe Marietta.

This is going to be a blast, just like last year. I hope the numbers get even bigger. Tell all your friends!

Always a fun time! Just no library this year Gary...that one was too tiny for all the Poke-maniacs that came out for this fun 10 day run (or parts thereof)!!

Doubt I will make the AL dates, but will shoot for a few of the GA dates. Gotta get an early FL fix! Maybe I'll even whoop up on the World Champ! One thing I do know....I will have FUN! Alex still talks about coming down for a few events last year!

Keith

Jim, I wish Dlynn the Best in her treatment. I look forward to seeing all you Guys and Gals
at the "Georgia Marathon"....It will be a Real Happening. Thanks for the response so far...

See You Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy:biggrin:

Awww! Why can't Texas be this much fun? :( Darn MP Birch, Shane, and Kristine(Don't mean it in a bad way all great pplz and proffesor's, they just dn't do that much fun stuff). D:

YES, You read that right....McDonald's on New Years Day.....in Marietta....Greg Wyman has a
League there.....It Seats 100....Last year we played 61 there...Comfortable and lots of food...:thumb:

Is there like a separate room in the McDonald's? I mean, is McDonald's even okay with this? I would imagine having 50 or 100 Pokemon kids crowding their restaurant would annoy them, especially during lunchtime when they're busy. I know we had a City Championship run later than expected and we had to be out of a building, so we ended up going to a Burger King, and they weren't too happy about that.

Now I don't know the exact situation, and I don't want to seem rude, but it just doesn't seem like McDonald's is a good place to hold a tournament. Someone want to enlighten me how this works?

Is there like a separate room in the McDonald's? I mean, is McDonald's even okay with this? I would imagine having 50 or 100 Pokemon kids crowding their restaurant would annoy them, especially during lunchtime when they're busy. I know we had a City Championship run later than expected and we had to be out of a building, so we ended up going to a Burger King, and they weren't too happy about that.

Now I don't know the exact situation, and I don't want to seem rude, but it just doesn't seem like McDonald's is a good place to hold a tournament. Someone want to enlighten me how this works?

As far as I know when they're held at places like that they're asked in advance. I know MS is notorious for holding small tournaments in restaurants and never had a problem.

Well, they would first need to talk to the manager at Mcdonalds to see if they can reserve the room. The problem is there's not going to be enough tables and chairs for people to fit in and play their cards. Therefore, others (JRs/SRs/MAs) would have to split up and wind up playing in the other rooms. It would be too chaotic, and it would take the judges forever to find other players in different rooms.

Well, they would first need to talk to the manager at Mcdonalds to see if they can reserve the room. The problem is there's not going to be enough tables and chairs for people to fit in and play their cards. Therefore, others (JRs/SRs/MAs) would have to split up and wind up playing in the other rooms. It would be too chaotic, and it would take the judges forever to find other players in different rooms.

Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, it's not my business to tell someone else how to run their tournament, but it just doesn't seem like a McDonald's would make for an enjoyable tournament atmosphere. I mean, what goes on between rounds? 50+ people and little kids wander back and forth through people trying to enjoy their Big Macs?

McDonald's restaurants come in a ton of sizes, so I'd imagine if it "seats 100," it'd be fine for a tournament.

You have your dinky gas station or Wal-Mart locations that seat barely anybody...And then you have the McDonald's on Times Square.

Actually McDonalds is really glad to have Pokemon Players in their store...Greg Wyman runs a
League there and will be running this tournament. And it is Not chaotic...Good Judges can get it
done. What do the players do between rounds...??..EAT...??? Go outside...?? Whatever they want
to just like any where else...just don't interfer with the Games. Go to any McDonald's on New Years
Day and check the Customers...Most people think they are Closed...Management was OK with it last
year and Wanted us back....after all we left them 40 seats that their Customers didn't use...!!!
If you have any doubts come to Atlanta for a GREAT Time and to see for yourself how to run
Pokemon Tournaments 10 Days in a Row. The one in Kennesaw is in a Stevie B's Pizza...Yes, they
Love Having Pokemon Players there too...and We Do EAT...!!!! Some of these places are better
than some card shops.....

See You Guys & Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy:thumb:

I will try and hit as many of these as possible with some of Memphis's Best!!! (and they have a great resume). We LOVE the Marathon...I am sure Rick and gang will be up for some as well.

Now if some of you guys want to come to Memphis on the 5th and 6th...that would be AWESOME!!

December 5th and 6th....?? That's a Possibility......I guess I need to build a deck .....or borrow
one of Khi's.....lol.....We look forward to seeing you guys and gals during the Holidays..!!!:thumb:

I would love to head down and go to these. I could make like 8 of them, but the issue is getting to the events via a ride and a place to stay. If I had both I would have no issues coming down and joining in on the fun. However I would have to work it out with someone planning to go to these events and will to help me out. I would have to be back for the 3rd as I have Jets tickets, but other than that, I would love to head down to play in these.

Drew

Gary: Cleveland TN's CC will be Dec 12th....consider that a warm up. Then, once all the fun is over, come up for Sevierville's CC on Jan 9th to end the series!

Keith

Back