Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TheDarkTwins BR Reports - (3 of Them) - 1 WIN!!

TheDarkTwins

So, I was planning on playing Sally PK for BRs, but I decide to just modify my R-Gon deck to play Meganium instead with Flygon.

Ambler, PA (Sunday the 23rd)

Luke and Lori and nice enough to give me and my friend a ride down to the Tournament, much thanks.

R1 - ?????? - Theme.Deck

The player was a beginner and it was a very quick game.

Win

1-0

R2 - ?????? - Kricketune

I get setup and find that my Fire Mew is Prized. I was gonna use Lake Boundary to KO Kricky 1 time. I was very upset to find before the game it managed to find its way to the floor. As you can guess, I lost because of this.

Loss

1-1

R3 - Matt G. - Kricketune

I win, not much to tell.

Win

2-1

R4 - ??????? - Blissey/Vire

Mega d wins this as Lake Boundary hurts him.

Win

3-1

R5 - Adam C. - Blissey/Lucario

I draw 0 nrgy, 1 Supporters (Mentor), 0 RC, and no pokemon that would actually evolve.

Loss

3-2

Blue Bell, PA (9/29)

I go down with my friend and meet up with shaw and the train station. I change 2 cards in the deck so that I can fit in 2 Holon Adv.

R1 - Shaw L. - Empoleon/Lucario

I know I have a good matchup but when I draw everything I didnt need, it doesnt really help me. So....

Loss

0-1

R2 - ??????? - ?????

I think it was a water deck but I won and I dont remember.

Win

1-1

R3 - ??????? - ?????

I turn 3 his only pokemon Clefairy with Lake Boundary in Play

Win

2-1

R4 - Kyle - Nidoqueen/Grumpig/Dusknoir

I get setup, he doesnt and my Flygon Ex goes thru him really quick.

Win

3-1

R5 - Adam C. - Blissey/Lucario

We both get awful starts, no energy for the first like 7 Turns. He however while not drawing any basic he drew 2 boost which he uses to ko 2 castforms, which end up being what does me in at the end. I lose on time, but he had me due to a few mistakes.

Loss

3-2

So, 2 days both ended by the same person ( Thanks Adam :tongue: ). So on to my last report.

Pennsauken, NJ (9/30)

I play the exact same version as yesterday.

So here we go.

R1 - ???????? - Empoleon/Rampardos

I get a very, very bad start and I lose. A deck I should beat I lose too. :nonono:

Loss

0-1

I think that I have no shot of making the cut now, but we will see if that stands up.

R2 - Missy Todd - Feraligatr (MT)/Mantine(With Mantyke/Lumineon

I get a okay start, even tho she T2'd my castform. However, getting 3 Mega d up against her pure water deck is too much to handle even tho she was able to early OHKO my Ray Ex d.

Win

1-1

R3 - Greg Sauk - Honchkrow/Bastidon

He is just testing out the deck and seeing what to fix, I am playing down, which is bad since I already lost in the first round. I am able to quickly ko his Bastidon with Mew d/Lake Boundary/Strength Charm. I end up just Swifting thru his Murkrow to win.

R4 - Ben Sauk - Empoleon/Lucario

I start with Castform and him with Riolu, I top deck the Mew* and I am able to Delta Draw, He goes and flips tails on Wild Kick. He does this 2 more times just enought time for me to fully power up Flygon Ex and run thru him quickly.

Win

3-1

So, I am thinking I am done, but I am only 1 of 2 players fighting for 2nd. The other player thinks that he will lose to them (it was their only lost) and drops after R4 before pairings are up.

So, I play Rob who went 4-0 with Meganium d/Feraligatr d

T2 - Rob - Meganium d/Feraligatr d

G1 - He goes first which is good as my starting hand is the following - Castform, Ray ex d, Lake Boundary, Warp Point, Castaway, Holon Adventurer, Celio's Network. I play castfrom active and he has Totodile active. He attaches and does 10 to me. I play Ray ex down and Castaway for Psychic, Mentor and Charm. I play the Psychic on Ray ex d and say go. He then play TVR and evolves to Croconaw uses the power to get energy but none are there. He attaches a DRE to attack so I cant retreat. I play Celio's and get Castform and then attach it to Ray. I warp point and play Boundary FTW. I could of use Charm and it would of done 60 +20. So, I win on T2.

G2 - We both Mulligan. I get a basic on my second draw, but he mulligans, and then mulligans third time. So, I get 2 xtra cards. I start out with the following 7 in my hand. 3x Windstorm (I only play 3), Trapinch, Strength Charm, Rare Candy, Flygon d. My 2 xtra draws get me Vibrava and another Rare Candy. He tells me I should go first so he can play a supporter. I draw a fighting energy. I attach to Trapinch and pass. He goes, and plays Castaway, I beleive. He gets Mentor and whatnot to set up. He has Totodile active as his starter. He attaches and does 10. I top deck the Mentor and just RC to Flygon d and Mentor for 1 Castform to T2 him for the 2nd Str8 game. I was absolutely in shock that I did that in 2 consective games. I didnt think it was gonna go like that at all.

Win

4-1 (5-1)

So, I win, which is nice.

Props -

Shaw
Matt G.
Lori
Luke
PokePop
Winning
John S. for the decklist that I changed
Foisy and Kettler for a bit of help. :thumb:

Slops -

Kyle completely teching against me on Sunday the 30th.
Adam C. and his absolute complete dominace over me the last 2 years so far.
Not beating decks I should.

Thanks For Reading!!
Drew

Once again Drew, good job :thumb:. My 1st tourney of the yr, I'll take a 2nd :smile:My deck was flawless until the finals...not much I can do (turn 2 and then turn 3 are rough). See you again soon. Thanks also goes out to Pokepop, great job on the tourney on Sun.

Once again Drew, good job :thumb:. My 1st tourney of the yr, I'll take a 2nd :smile:My deck was flawless until the finals...not much I can do (turn 2 and then turn 3 are rough). See you again soon. Thanks also goes out to Pokepop, great job on the tourney on Sun.

Yeh, I know what your saying, I think it was T2 twice, tho. It was a very fair finals. I really do wish 1 game would of been a good one.

Drew

4x Holon Legacy
1x Latios ex delta
1x Jirachi ex
4x Cessation crsytal....

and I didn't even play you Drew....ugh...

--Kyle

Kyle - Wow, happy I didnt play you. That is a bit overkill dont you think? :lol:

Peter - Thanks,

BloodDraek - Thanks,

Drew

Back