Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Theory of Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

clement30

This is based on the "is there a God" thread. Do you believe that humans were created by God, like scriptures and religion teach us, or do you think we evolved. Please do not bash other peoples beliefs, just post your own.

In anticipation of the likely evolution posts I would say "evolved from what?"

Ie. if we were not created as we are were we created as we were or did we "appear"?

IMO we did evolve. There is evident proof that all creatures evolved from a single celled organism and branched off into protists and so on and so forth. But an iteresting thought. It says that God created humans/life. It never says ANYWHERE in the Bible/Torah/etc. that God created them in their present form. It is QUITE possible that God did create us by simply edging on the prossess of evolution and by creating the first microorganism. However no matter how you look at it, evolution DID take place.

does it ultimately matter 'where' we came from? will 'knowing' one way or another really change the life you are living right now?

'mom

^ That is a great point. The only reason I started this thread was because in the previous one, "Does God Exist?", both seemed to be main arguements.

does it ultimately matter 'where' we came from? will 'knowing' one way or another really change the life you are living right now?

'mom

Yes, because there are many who discard the Bible's teaching simply because they cannot contemplate Genesis.

I'm sure it matters to Moza quite a bit.

^Your sentence does not correlate due to the definition of God as that of which there is no higher authority nor power and the definition of Chuck Norris as a potent but not omnipotent mortal.

^Your sentence does not correlate due to the definition of God as that of which there is no higher authority nor power and the definition of Chuck Norris as a potent but not omnipotent mortal.

you mad

there was no creation
the universe is, and always was, eternal
where did people get the idea that something or someone created all this?
where did this thing come from? what was he doing before he created everything? playing solitare?
silliness really...

As I said in the God thread, God created the prospect of before and after therefore is outside of time and not affected by it. God didn't "wait" then create as he created "waiting".

Psyco, do you know of Einstein's relativity? If time is relative to matter, what is time to God? It doesn't make sense to apply time to God in befores and afters. Time is like gravity in its effects.

As I said in the God thread, God created the prospect of before and after therefore is outside of time and not affected by it. God didn't "wait" then create as he created "waiting".

nah, no god belief is just easier
makes my head ache less :thumb:

Psyco, do you know of Einstein's relativity? If time is relative to matter, what is time to God? It doesn't make sense to apply time to God in befores and afters. Time is like gravity in its effects.

*sigh*
time is a constant that can be warped by variable perceptions, but it has its limits
if god created a time, according to the theory of relativity, it would require an amount of energy equal to infinity
which, as you can obviously tell, cant happen

wait, dont tell me, let me guess
the next thing you are going to say is god is all knowing and all powerful
go on, say it, ill wait

Well, at least I get to post in the watered-down version.

Sure, humans evolved from old-school hominids. Why would you think otherwise? Because that's what the Jews guessed a couple thousand years ago?

But an iteresting thought. It says that God created humans/life. It never says ANYWHERE in the Bible/Torah/etc. that God created them in their present form. It is QUITE possible that God did create us by simply edging on the prossess of evolution and by creating the first microorganism.
Well, if you read Genesis, you'll note humans being created "in God's image," as well as with sexual dimorphism. So unless you think primordial protocells are in God's image and had gender (one's up to you, the other decidedly isn't), no, that doesn't really work. The bible also specifies a space of a couple of days for all this, which is obviously much too little time for any evolution at all (I also am not sure how plants evolved before the sun existed, but that's another story).

god is all knowing and all powerful

thank you
so, why did god allow a distorted version of his creation to exist and be taught to everyone in the world?
surely he knew this would distort peoples beliefs
in case you havent figured out what im talking about, i mean there is no way in a llama's hind leg that creation happened as it was written in genesis
you've been so cooperative so far, so ask me why
*waits again*

Belief doesn't come into the equation, it is not a subjective matter. Evolution is scientifically proven fact. Why are creation theories still believed today? Well I guess for the same reason they were ever thought up, ignorance. Guess we haven't evolved much. =/

I don't mean to be intentionally controversial nor did I on the other thread, but arguing otherwise is no different to saying "I believe red is blue", or "4 is bigger than 5". A bit of common sense goes a long way.

Evolved from what? Eevee I guess, w/ a Human Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back