Togechomp

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by rerisenphoenix, Jan 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rerisenphoenix

rerisenphoenix New Member

Upon looking at Togekiss from GE, I immediately thought of the deck to play it in...Garchomp. It is one of the few cards that can (and will) make Garchomp playable in this Blissey dominated format.

Author: Rerisenphoenix
    Format: HP-GE
    Date: 1/22/08
    Deck: Togechomp

Pokemon (20)
    3 Gible
    2 Gabite
    3 Garchomp
    3 Togepi
    2 Togetic
    3 Togekiss
    4 Phione

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums(24)
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Warp Point
    3 Windstorm
    2 Night Maintenence
    3 Crystal Beach
    3 Professor Oak's Visit
    4 Celio's Network
    3 Scott
    2 Holon Mentor

Energy (16)
    3 :psychic:
    3 :fighting:
    3 :water:
    2 :lightning
    2 :fire:
    2 :grass:
    1 :dark:

The strategy of this deck is really pretty simple. You open up with Phione. If you have any Gibles or Togepis, great, you've all but won. If not, that's what Mentor's for. The purpose of this deck is to build up freakishly quickly, then go crazy on them with a T-2 or 3 Garchomp, while, all the while, you're building up other Garchomps, thanks to Togekiss. Since basic energy are all that are in use, Crystal Beaches are in there to stop the Double Rainbows, Boosts, and Scrambles as much as possible.

Matchups

Blissey-Anything 70-30
    This match-up is the worst possible for this deck. Blissey, being your main weakness, is more than likely going to rock you. Speed is the only hope for this deck in this one. The crystal beaches may be able to give you a small advantage if you take a lead, but other than that, speed of set-up is what makes or breaks this match.

Tsunamigatr 40-60
    This will slightly be in Garchomps favor, as they're deck is pretty slow, and, with Crystal Beaches, they won't be able to do the cheap Totodile-Candy-Feraligatr-Double Rainbow/Scramble-Energy Cyclone for a Hundred Million damage thing.

Dark Wing Duck 40-60
    If you can get set-up, the game is your's, but, should Absol's Baleful Wind's hit some candies or something like that, it could suck. Everything in they're deck can be one-shot by Chomp (Even Lv. X), so this is what gives Garchomp a bit of an advantage.

These a few of the match-ups, and I'll update some more later as I play against them, but until then, this is all the match-ups I have right now.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

You need at least 2 more energy. The Holon Mentors should be Roseanne's. Other than that it looks good.

3. rerisenphoenix

I was thinking about Roseanne's, but then I thought that taking the energy would slow Togekiss' amazingness down. However, I can see more energy, but which one's, and what do I sub them in for?

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Take out warp point. Garchomp retreats for free, and everything else retreats for 1.

5. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Does togekiss work when you evolve with phione? it might say from the hand. I would increase the energy and add in another rare cady. There are a few things that you dont need in the deck that can be taken out, such as:

1 celios network
    2 scott
    1 crystal beach
    1 warp point.

This should give you room to add
    1 mentor
    1 rare candy
    2 energy
    1 copy cat (decks that run absol or tgw/tgm are going to be hard to recover from, this 1 recovry card will help but try to find space for stevens advice.)

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Is 3-2-3 Togekiss really that necessary? Why not just drop it to 2-1-2 and thrown in some SSU to reuse Togekiss?

7. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

I think 3-2-3 is nessacry cause it can be used as a secondary attacker if anything.

8. rerisenphoenix

I Know this, that's why I use it to evolve into Togetic, then evolve manually into Togekiss.

9. elekid_957

elekid_957 New Member

take out 1 windstorm and 1 crystal beach for 2 more rare candy

10. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

yeah, togekiss isn't going to work that well as a secondary attacker. This deck will be very, uhhh get rolling or go flat, if you get what I mean. A 2-1-2 should work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.