Togekiss/Weavile?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by d13tp3ps1, Apr 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

Do you think Togekiss/Weavile/Darkrai is a good combo?

I built it, but am not exactly sure if i should spend tons of time playtesting. I mean if it's already been proven to be a terrible combo there's no point.

The way I've been playing it is, try to get a darkrai/togepi out as my first active, with sneasel and another darkrai or togepi benched. Then i just start attacking with darkrai, and attaching to my sneasel/weavile.
    It's been very hit or miss. Any input from more experienced players would be sweet!

2. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Hmm, let's see...

with 3 basic darks you'll be doing 100 with a heads and 70/30 heal with a tails. Not too shabby.

The problem with this deck is the harsh matchups vs magmortar and GG. GG stopping weavile's power and togekiss's power is=\
    Mortar sniping darkrai lvl X is also =\

3. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

Do you think it would be worthwhile to put in a Dugtrio with sand veil as a tech? that would at least make things better against Magmortar.
    I'd still have problems against GG decks though.

4. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

You're talking about getting a stage 2, a basic lvl x, and two stage 1s up vs magmortar... it isn't easy.

5. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

I have used the same kind of deck at the Dutch SBR.
    I got almost 1 hit KO'd by a Rampardos deck. Good thing I have Crystal Beaches to slow decks like that down.

6. d13tp3ps1

d13tp3ps1 New Member

when you lay it out like that it really does start to sound unplayable. it's a shame, i really like togekiss :(
    Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thank you for the input!

7. afstandopleren

----------
    Pokemon
    ----------
    2 Unown G (No Sonic Blade and such)
    2-2 Claydol line (Hand Refresher and discard counter.
    2-1-2 Togekiss line (Remember that it is only a good Tech in this deck)
    4-2-2 Weavile line (2 DP and 2 SW) (SW Vile helps seting up like Togekiss and the DP Vile does big damage.
    2-2 Darkrai Sleep Hole and lv.X (Damage Booster)

---------
    Trainers
    ---------
    4 Dusk Ball
    3 Master Ball
    2 Prof. Oak's Visit
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Celio's
    2 Super Scoop Up
    1 Time-Space Distortion
    1 Night Maintenance
    1 Island Hermit
    1 Windstorm
    2 Crystal Beach

--------
    Energy
    --------
    16 Basic :dark:

8. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

the hazard is the flippy nature of togekiss' attack. sometimes it's better to heal, sometimes it's better to pound and half the time you won't get the flip you wanted.

i would not run island hermit or pov with claydols. i would probably run prof rowan.

9. afstandopleren

I don't have to set up 2 Claydoll.
    And as I said, Togekiss is a Tech.
    You would be cornered before getting Togekiss Active.
    But then again, when your opponent let's you setup Weavile SW while Darkrai lv.X is in play..........
    Big damage plus 3 heal if tails.... Not bad!