Torterra can he work?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Allin, May 20, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Allin

Allin New Member

Im trying to get a working Torterra Build but im haviung trouble find cards to supprt it besides the obvious Sceptile. ANy ideas of i can use

Current Build
    3-2-4 Torterra (All MD 1 Lv.X)
    3-2-3 Sceptile
    2-2 Gyarados
    2-2 Claydol
    2x Pachi

Trainers
    2x Bebe
    2x Celio
    2x Quick Ball
    1x Premier Ball
    2x Rosseane's Research
    1x Team Galactics Mars
    4x Rare Candy
    2x Warp Point
    2x Prof. Birch

Energies
    9x Leaf Energy
    4x Water Energy
    2x Scramble Energy
    2x DRE

Its not finsihed but the strategy is pretty basic.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Some random ideas:

1-1 Sunflora for healing or 2-2 Gyarados to take advantage of the bench damage.
    3 Phione + 2-3 Call Energy to get setup more quickly.

3. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

If built correctly, it has at least a 70-30 matchup against Fossils and OK matchups against GG and ECO.

4. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I have been toying around with using Torterra in Garchomp to do the 100 every turn after leveling up. Idea is to use Restore, place torterra on the bench with 3 grass. Next turn attch then bring it up and hit for 100. Next turn Lv Up and hit for 100 again doing the 30 self damage. Wash and repeat! Chomp is your Backup hitter so putting in the random energy works well... but again, it was just something I was toying with!!

5. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Meches don't forget that not being able to use Frenzy Plant the turn after you use it is an effect on Torterra. That effect is removed by leveling up. Your Torterra can Frenzy Plant for 100, level up the next turn and Frenzy Plant for 100 again, *then* resort Vigorous Dash or Earthquake.

The only downside I see to a Chomp Rebirth with Torterra is all the grass energy you would have to run. Wouldn't leave tons of room for other types.

6. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I dunno bout that... currently with Flex I an running 6 Psychic, 2 Water, 2 Fire, 2 ELectric, 1 Fighting, 1 Grass. So it is possible to use it effectively! It might need to have a Tech Holon Castform ot help with things and that is easy enough to search out!

Like I siad, it was just a toying situaton right now.....

Last edited: May 21, 2008