Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Torterra Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobot Saviot

Tell me what you think, i cant seem to beat my friends Empoleon deck and my friends Mag deck
i plan on getting torterra lvl x out early to start dealing some big damage, so if anyone has any ideas to help me manage that that would be awesome
one of the main problems for this deck is that i really dont have too much of a strategy to build around.

Pokemon:
4-2-3-1 Torterra lvl x
2-1-2 Sceptile GE
1-1 Vespiqueen DP (just gonna play test it)
1-1 Blastoise CG
2 Celebi MT
3 Stantler SW (just until i can get some more furrets)

Trainers/Supporters:
4 Rare Candy
4 Professor Oak's Visit
3 Celio's
2 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Warp Point
1 Team Galactic's Wager
1 Premier Ball

Energy:
1 Multi Energy
15 Grass Energy

Last edited:
Hmm, that really helps, i must say my deck is better already. So if theres anyone out there with some actually constructive help, please stand up lol

Too many techs, makes it inconsistent. Take out furret, taurous, celebi, and blastoise. Add a 2-2 Gyarados for the mag matchup, it's also pretty good against g&g since it's resistant to fighting. Take out the multi energy and add 2 more pachi's. Then add in two windstorms.

yeah, i was thinkin about taking out the furrets and i cant really decide on whether to have the celebi's or the pachi's, i really dont see how the gyarados' fit in here.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=31330

You use it with the magikarp that has flail. For a colorless energy you hit back whatever they've done to you plus 30. And if you're against mag that's another 30 for weakness. They fireball bazooka a magikarp on the bench trying to get a quick cheap kill you evolve and move gyardos up to hit for 80. My friend ran a torterra at regionals with this and went 4-3.

Just to tell you there going to have a new Torterra in the new set and it looks better then this one so you might want to play thet.

Furret is better then Patchi in a deck like this since it can get your Blastoise guaranteed quite easily. It can also set-up two stage two's fairly quickly. Also, since you already have sceptile whic cuts how many energy you need in half you really don't need Celebi. Here's a few things that could help:

-2 Pachirisu
-2 Celebi
-1 Professor Oak's Visit

+3 Sentret
+2 Furret

4 Oak's Visit is a little bit of overkill and with three Furret and three Celio's you should be able to get a turn 2-3 Furret consistently. You can also try taking out the Team Galactic's Wagers since they mess with Furret's Keen Eye and adding Crystal Beach. Crystal Beach is awesome against Magmortar and GG. I would also take out the Tauros for another Beach since you really don't need Crush Chance and the CFF isn't all that great. Overall, nice deck these are just a few things that should make you're deck do much better.

Alright cool, ill have to write that down for when i get more furret's and sentrets. And ill probably take the wager's out for the beaches. I dont really have too many options because of my lack of Furrets/Sentrets, so is there a way to work around that?

Holon Mentor i find is good for instant basics, and if Lv X is a primary concern of yours maybe a Premier Ball, search Deck or Discard for that X is always nice.

Great list in fact my league leader and i were going to build this but i think that u really need 3 warp point how about a septile from pop-packs that has energy trans? u could play a 2-1-2-1

Alright cool, ill have to write that down for when i get more furret's and sentrets. And ill probably take the wager's out for the beaches. I dont really have too many options because of my lack of Furrets/Sentrets, so is there a way to work around that?

Do you have any Claydol from Great Encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back