Total Lockdown

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Professor Elm, Jan 28, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Pokemon (14)
    3 Ambipom
    3 Aipom
    4 Absol
    2 Unown L
    1 Umbreon*
    1 Sabeleye

Trainers (32)
    4 Celios
    4 Roseannes
    4 Mars
    3 Castaway
    2 Wager
    2 Scott
    4 Cessation
    4 ER2
    3 Crystal Beach
    1 Strength Charm
    1 Battle Frontier

Energy (14)
    5 Psychic
    1 Dark (Basic)
    2 Water
    2 Holon WP
    4 Dark (Special)

Ideal starter is Absol.
    Absol discards cards, that's what ya wanna do.
    Now, for the first 2-3 turns you are just gonna wanna do a constant Mars+Baleful Wind.
    That helps lock down the opponent's hand pretty well for the most part UNLESS they get something setup in that time, which is bad if they do. Usually it's managable with Crystal Beach/BF/Cessation/ER2 though.
    Lock em down with any of the above. Don't be afraid to play a Crystal Beach AND Cessation at the same time cause chances are they won't topdeck a Windstorm once you Unown-Lock em
    Unown L is essential to this deck.
    After you discard so many cards w/ Baleful you have a pretty good idea of what is useful to the opponent and what isn't and for the most part you got em locked down pretty well, SO bring Unown up and start using its attack to place those useless cards back ontop of your opponents deck.
    This essentially buys you a free turn, if you have em locked. You can use this attack a few times if you want. By that time, you will be ready for Ambipom to take control of the game and either disrupt their energy supply or attempt 80.
    Sabeleye tech is for Blissey ,as Blissey is fast, cheap and hard to take down.
    BF/Cessation/C Beach locks down most every other deck alive. Beach stops any unexpected Scrambles or DREs like w/ Fire Truk and Cessation and BF lock down the powers such as Delcatty which are necessary for some decks to function and make the comeback.
    ER2 is for combination w/ Ambipom's attack and also helps to lock down the opponent further and keep them in an energy drought if that's what their problem is.
    Umbreon* pwns early game. Play it down, play Mars, attack w/ Baleful. You just put em at a 4 card deficit and unless they topdeck next turn, a quick Mars and Hidden Power will keep em locked down.
    Unown L is what may make this deck work.
    On it's own the deck is weak, but Unown Lock can really change the game.

The scan for Unown L is on Pokebeach.
    Unown L P HP50
    Poke-Body
    Use all other Unown attacks or sumtin like dat.

(P)(C) Hidden Power
    Search either player's discard pile for 2 cards and place them on top of that player's deck in any order.

Weakness: P +10
    Resistance:
    Retreat Cost: C

2. elekid_957

elekid_957 New Member

i think pluspower/strength charm is needed in this deck cause of the low damage output and you might want to try a 1-1/2-2 darkria lv.x to increase damage more

3. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Nice list! I see nothing wrong beside I would switch 1 mars for 1 more TGW. Looks like a list of a diruptive deck that could actually work.

4. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

You'll need Moonlight Stadiums.

5. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

How are you going to keep up with damage output here?

6. mewlover777

mewlover777 New Member

ambipom of course... 80 for 2 if they can't discard 2 cards from their hands...

I migh run this deck at statses...MUAHAHAHAH!!! i really see some potential here.

7. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Keep your Mew SWs on your decks, this looks pretty scary.

Not much room to improve. Moonlight Stadium/Unown Q of course when it comes out, so that you can get Unown L rolling out of the way - as you will want to use it in every other turn for a complete lockdown. Well, I'd also like to get Warp Point in there somewhere, but the space is pretty tight.

All in all, great work discovering the usable Unown to this deck.

8. mewlover777

mewlover777 New Member

~bumpage~ to da top!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

bump? cmon people help with this deck.OR netdeck it :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  9. pokeball S

pokeball S New Member

I love this deck Im going to run this deck

10. XYZ_Sniper

XYZ_Sniper New Member

i would recommend running this deck for states, because u never know when someone will pull the game winning/changing top deck like what happened to me in my cites while playing ambipom

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

NOT sorry NOT recommend this deck for states

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  11. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Yeah, that's what Unown L is for.
    SO that they DON'T get that topdeck.
    It's pretty key to the deck, otherwise they can just replenish their hand w/ 1 card like Stevens or Birch.

12. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

All unknown L can do for you is stall, and after 3 turns using its attack you will probaly die, and by then they'll end up setting up from copy cat, stevens, birch or the many other recover cards people are starting to figure out to use. Beside that, solid list; I wouldn't recomend it for states unless it does very very well against gallade, blissy, and decks the new set holds for us. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.