Toxic (Eon)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SwampertEX, Oct 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Toxic (Eon)
    Pokemon:16
    4x Wurmple
    1x Cascoon
    4x Dustox
    4x Cacnea(Poison Payback)
    3x Cacturne
    3x Scyther ex

Trainers:23
    3x Rare Candy
    3x Copycat
    2x Oak's Research
    2x Juggler
    2x TV
    3x Master Ball
    2x Moo-Moo Milk
    3x Switch
    2x Fisherman

Energy:19
    15 Grass Energy
    4 Boost Energy

As you may have already figured out, the focus of this deck is poisoning the opponent. Tell me whatcha think! :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2003
  2. ProxyBoy

ProxyBoy New Member

Adding Cradily instead of the Dustox line wouldn't be that bad, but that's my nonsense opinion

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Yeah, but I like Dustox better b/c of free retreat and Toxic. ;) Thanks anyway!

4. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Uhhh, why do you have only 1 Cascoon?

5. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

B/c I have 3 Candy and I can Search for Dusty with Wurmple.

6. Charizard19190

K, just wonderin'! ;) & i think it's pretty good, But i'd like to challenge ya to a battle, though...XD

BTW, i've never heard of TV....<(-_-;)>

7. dkates

dkates New Member

TV is Town Volunteers. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, it's a Supporter that allows you to shuffle a total of 5 cards (which can be Basics, Evolutions, or basic Energy) from your discard pile into your deck.
    Now, to keep from getting too OT, I'll comment on the deck. It looks good, but you only have 8 Basics. Drop two Grass Energy for a 4th Cacnea and a second Scyther ex. Also, use Copycat instead of Bill's Maintenance, and Switch instead of Potion. Other than that, this deck should be good. Metal could be a problem, as could Fire, but I really don't know how I would recommend accounting for that.

8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

There, how's that? I changed the original decklist. Thanks dkates ;)!

9. Charizard19190

Yuppers, a fire PKMN like TyphlosionEX could cut you down to size, even with poison......maybe you should consider water, maybe? Like Marill from Sandstorm!
    Have some DOUBLE BUBBLE! & also Lombre, [i'm not advertising, i'm just sayin'...] with it's double scratch, both heads, you could do ALOT of damage to a fire!

10. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Yeah, but Cacturne and Dusty are weak to Psy Pokemon, and there's where Scyther ex comes in as back-up. Plus NOBODY plays fire at my league. Now that I think of it, that's kinda odd, isn't it?!?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
  11. Charizard19190

[sniffs] i ....want...league....[cries] none where i'm at....

.......No fire? no Blaziken? Boy, i never thought of that....they all must be at Terrys! i have my Armaldo, & i would get crushed....with that deck!!!! i have decks that are all FIRE, all WATER, all GRASS, nueh, i gott'em all!

12. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

We only have like 6 people!!!

13. Charizard19190

That does'nt matter to me, i have no one! ......exept my mom, who never has time no more......so i have to play by myself...

14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

:( Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor Charizard:(

15. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Check The New Decklist!

16. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Okay, I changed the name of the deck! I like it alot better. ;)

17. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

AQ scizor can't be poisoned, you should think about what to do.

18. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Drop 2 or so energy, I don't think you need 19, that's overdoing it. Also, drop a Town Volunteers, 2 is overdoing it too. 3 Slots open, I'd drop 1 Fisherman for 4 Energy Removal 2, these will give you a slight chance vs. Scizor or any other special energy decks for that matter. Also, I'd play Desert Shaman in this. Shaman first turn or so, then use Signs of Evo so you get a head start on your onslaught. Maybe drop

Good luck with it, I like wurmple quite a bit. Maybe drop the Jugglers and 2 Masterball for 4 of them. Master ball doesn't seem to great in this, seeing as you run Rare Candy and Signs of Evo gets stuff out of your deck...

Maybe run Fanclub over it and drop the other fisherman if you drop Juggler.

19. Dek

Dek New Member

well, since this is a poison deck, I would suggest the usage of SS Arbok. his Poke-Body reduces all damage by 10 and he does the Toxic attack. even though its only 20 base damage, it does do the classic toxic poisoning. I dont know if you can make room for it, but it would be a good idea.

20. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Thanks for the Suggestions! Ne1 else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.