Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turbo Ampharos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar666

Hey everyone. This is a deck that is slightly out dated now but is pretty much hands down the best Ampharos varient available today. Its much faster than what alot of people used. Here it is.

4 Mareep ( AQ )
2 Flaaffy ( DR )
4 Ampharos EX
2 Ampharos
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Wobbuffet
1 Ditto

5 Psychic Energy
13 Electric Energy

4 Juggler
4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
4 Rare Candy
1 Town Volunteer
3 Switch
1 Pokemon Nurse
2 Dual Ball
1 Crystal Shard
1 Fisherman

The ideal turn 1 set up means getting a Mareep active. Juggler or TV. Draw 3-5, discard a Lg. Attach to Mareep. Attack with Charge. Get the Lg back. Next turn attach again, Rare Candy, turn 2 Amphy EX. Keep the set up going and get uber huge. If you miss the turn 1 combo, at worst you'll get a turn 3 Amphy. DR Flaaffy's first attack also has sic synergy and mid game allows you to power an Ampharos in one turn. Wobbuffet is for use for Gardy and other EX pokemon. With the turn 2 PP hitting play you will have alot of damage on their board for attaching. The decks draw engine is my favorite, as it does not rely on Birch, POR, CC, etc, and have to hope you get a good 5 or so cards. Instead, it uses all cards which add to your hand. Juggler, TV Reporter, and Delcatty which is just a beautiful card. You get standard Ampharos Nursing tech, and your standard Rayquaza tech in Ditto and Shard. Its a great list and very consistant. The draw engine is better than any non Blaziken deck I have seen yet too. Great synergy in the draw and the Mareep and Flaaffy. Tell me what you guys think!

OK DIDNT U LEARN FROM JERMY???? DO NOT post decks in this forum!! god i thought ud know better chris! and u cant delete topics, now will see this deck all over the place -___-

-MuD

-2 Skitty
-2 Delcatty

There BAD Cards

+2 Barboach?
+2 Whishcash!

Delcatty is such a bad card it aint funny, but how are you gonna stop blaze ex from ramping your bench? The Answer WHISHCASH!.. Hmm, Maybe Try out Alakazam too for some uber job?

ROFL. Who knows...maybe Ratty did come in handy for that one feller? =O

But anyways, I'd take out 2-2 skitty/delcatty line for a 2-2 zubat/golbat...oh wait! >_< nvm, nvm...Nice deck, lol. I hate to spam up things, but I can't resist!

-60 everything

+60 RAMBO ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm

You are all all of you ;)

Just to let everyone know, Monkeyman started this exact same thing against this deck on NEO when I posted it a few months ago. ESPECIALLY the " It Still Loses To Gardy " comments. The interesting fact is it does NOT lose to Gardy too lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyranitar666 said:
4 Mareep ( AQ )
2 Flaaffy ( DR )
4 Ampharos EX
2 Ampharos
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Wobbuffet
1 Ditto

5 Psychic Energy
13 Electric Energy

4 Juggler
4 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
4 Rare Candy
1 Town Volunteer
3 Switch
1 Pokemon Nurse
2 Dual Ball
1 Crystal Shard
1 Fisherman

This deck is one of my personal favorites to play, when I'm not busy playing decks that don't exist in the format. If only Amphy EX wasn't an EX... :p Hey! The regular smileys are back! THANK YOU!

This deck beats Gardy, or can loose to it. It depends on who gets set up first.

My own little fixage:

Pokemon: These are looking good. You could use Sandstorm Pichu to set up Amphy without the Mareep charging, but w/e. I like to add in a few of those just because they're decent backup in case you don't get Mareep active and end up drawing one afterwards using a Reporter or a Juggler. The Mareep line: let's drop that second Expedition Ampharos. You only need one, most likely. The Ditto is cool, I'd rather use Crystal Shard.

Energy: Let's go 13 Electric, 4 Psychic, 1 Boost just for tECh. The boost is for a last minute Gigavolt in case all you've got is a lone Mareep or something... :p Yay! Old smilies!

Trainers: 4 Juggler, 4 Reporter. Good. I'd go 3 Oracle. Your recovery, 1/1 TV Fisherman, is probably not necessary. Since you have so much draw, you can just play a TV, your Reporters will get you the cards you TVd. That compensates for the two Pichu. 4 Candy, 3 Nurse is best, so you can reeely abuse Expedition Amphy's power. 2 Shard and 2/2 WP and Switch. I'd use Fan Club over Dual Ball, but I'm pushing the envelope at 14 (TV don't count) supporters, so Dual Ball it is.

New deck:

Pokemon: 19
4 Mareep
2 Flaffy
4 Amphy EX
1 Amphy EX(pedition) lol
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Wobbuffet
2 Pichu

Energy: 18
13 Lightning
4 Psychic
1 Boost

Trainers: 23
4 Juggler
4 Reporter
3 Oracle
3 Nurse
2 Shard
2 Switch
2 Warp Point
2 Dual Ball
1 Town Volunteers

I think this version will run a lot smoother. Remember that the Pichus are just an idea, but they are a sound one. It's like having 6 Mareep instead of 4...well, not really. But it does help. Elekid from Sandstorm would also be cool to help set up, but this is more Turbo Amphy (as the name implies XP) then the Amphy I used to run. This is a very cool deck, though. Keep on working on it,

Wooper

MonkeyMan said:
No your wrong this still loses to gardy irregardless

Um.................................

How long have you been playing?

NOT LONG, obviously. Why don't you go somewhere you're wanted, instead of saying decks loose to things when they don't all the time? You think you "created" Gardy, that's why you say it's so good.

And you prolly failed English too. Irregardless. Psssssssh.

Go home, ApeMan,

Wooper

Ok people.... no matter what deck you are playing, you can loose! "OMG" I can here some of you saying. Gardy does lose. Whether that be 7 times out of 200, it does lose! BlaziEx loses. Amphy loses. TeCh decks lose. ALL DECKS LOSE AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER! Whether this is in test play or tournament situations, all decks lose...

And as for the Amphy deck posted way above, IMO, leave it as is. It is fast, and it will work. I'm sure it loses, and I'm sure it wins. Delcatty is one of the best speed cards (other than Dunsparce) that fits into most, if not all, decks.

this isnt the best version anyways the best amphy deck out there is cradily/amphyEX ive beat everything with it from blaziken to swampy to gard

omg MM is a Noob. /end sarcasam

Regardless it still loses to gard. Unless you tech Spoink
-1 boost +1 Spoink

SuperWooper- I like some of the changes and dislike others. I use Dual Ball because I want the option of getting Mareeps early WHILE still playing Juggler/TV Reporter turn 1 to get Amphy out turn 2. I would like 3 Nurse though, I do like that fix alot. I am not a fan of the Pichu as much as it adds damage to you, and gives you a weaker draw sometimes if you do not have the Mareep to go with it. I go 1-1 with Ditto Shard because local Blaziken varients hard gotten the habit of running 1-1 Fossil Aerodactyl EX in their lists to spite Shard. I just try to be safe with it. I like your ideas though and am glad your trying to be honestly helping unlike Monkeyman, Venusaur, and everyone else who say it loses to Gardy to get to me as Monkeyman started an inside joke about that on Poke-Neo. They are just ribbing me anyways lol. Ignore their comments.

As for adding Cradily EX...I don't know. I always liked Cradily but was unsure of its overall potential due to Blaziken but I am sure its good. Do you have a Cradily Ampharos EX list? Am I missing the synergy to it? I mean I understand the harassment aspects of them both, between the PPs and status and GOW attack, but is their any other trick I am missing?

NOT LONG, obviously. Why don't you go somewhere you're wanted, instead of saying decks loose to things when they don't all the time? You think you "created" Gardy, that's why you say it's so good.

Ok in response to the first part Ive probably been playing longer then you have.

The part I said was a inside joke between fulop and the people at Neo. I believe the statement is true though, there is no real way Amphy EX can deal with a wobbuffet swarm that gardy can produce or match the sheer strength of Gardy EX. Granted gardy will lose every once in awhile to this but any deck will. Odds are though gardy will win the match up a lot more often.

I dont remeber ever saying I made this deck. Fulop gave me credit for being one of the first to tune this and make a decent list yes, but never create it.

ir·re·gard·less
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.

Source: Dictionary.com

Im sorry I used a little bit of slang here. I will use it correctly so it makes more sense.

No your wrong this still loses to gardy, regardless.

Happy?

MonkeyMan said:

Ok in response to the first part Ive probably been playing longer then you have.

The part I said was a inside joke between fulop and the people at Neo. I believe the statement is true though, there is no real way Amphy EX can deal with a wobbuffet swarm that gardy can produce or match the sheer strength of Gardy EX. Granted gardy will lose every once in awhile to this but any deck will. Odds are though gardy will win the match up a lot more often.

I dont remeber ever saying I made this deck. Fulop gave me credit for being one of the first to tune this and make a decent list yes, but never create it.

ir·re·gard·less
adv. Nonstandard
Regardless.

Source: Dictionary.com

Im sorry I used a little bit of slang here. I will use it correctly so it makes more sense.

No your wrong this still loses to gardy, regardless.

Happy?

You can't have been playing longer than me, I was playing since day one.
Gardy might win, Amphy might win. It depends on speed and skill level of the player.
Why do you think TTar is playing his own Wobbuffets? HMMMMMMMMMM...to counter Whishcash?

Wooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back