Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

two deck, Empoleon and Wevile

Status
Not open for further replies.

POKEMAN

Ok, so after starting to get back into the game and doing a little bit of research, I have come up with an empoleon deck that I would like to work on, as well as another idea I just got. They are DP-on and based mostly off of card that I have or can get relatively easily. They are both meant to be fairly competitive, though I don't know how it will actually do in real play. So, some fixes would be nice, and maybe a comment or two on it as well (please, no "this deck stinks, play suchandsuch instead). I should also note that the Empoleon is loosely based on the Artic Frost theme deck from MD and the Wevile I just got the idea for now, though both may be already in use (infact, both probably are :rolleyes: ).

POKEMON: 19

4 Pachirasu (GE)

3 bronzor
4 bronzong (2/2-MT/MD)

3 piplup
2 prinplup
3 empoleon

TRAINERS: 24

2 Quickball
3 masterball
2 warp point
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 duskball
3 Prof. Rowan
2 Potion
2 Nightly Garbage Run/Nightly maintenance (is NGR useable as NM? as it is the same card, just different name)
4 Rare Candy

ENERGY: 17

13 water
4 Call energy

This list is nowhere near done, but the idea is there. Basic strategy is to spread damage with the Bronzong and Empoleon, and finish with Empoleon. Pachi is for a fast settup, and later it is just Felicity fodder. The trainers are just a basic idea untill I can get some feedback on what to swap out and all. I'm new to the current cards (not the game, been playing since jungle), so if this looks totally off, please understand that I am trying to learn about 1,000 new cards (since Delta)

I am also thinking of adding in a few omastar (2-1-2 tech-ish) to basically bring in a pseudo rock-lock deck. I always liked those *sigh*. But it would be more straightforward in it's damage delivery than rocklock and maybe a bit easier to set up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the second idea. It is just an idea now, and I only want a bit of feedback on the IDEA, not an actual list, this is not a 'build me a deck' post, but just an idea I just came up with and wanted feedback on. It would be something like:

4 sneasel
4 weavile

4 darkness energy (+10)
10 darkness energy (no effect)
4 double rainbow energy

4 RC for maybe a T1 weavile
4 Masterball
4 greatball
[4 Quickball?]
3 Rowan
4 Felicity's drawing
... etc

Basically a T1 weavile and draw, then just keep laying down the D NRG and smackdown, though something to speed up the energy attach would be great. What cards do that?

Please focus on the first deck for fixes, but maybe comment on the second idea (I will be digging around to see what I can find on it, and both).

Thanks for hearing me out and helping me out too. I feel like a noob for not knowing all the current cards, but I will soon enough, and then I'm back for sure!

POKEMAN

On the top deck
- 1 pachi
+1 bronzor I don't see any point in running a 3-4 line so try it

that many pachi is not needed it takes up valuable real estate.:pokeball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back