TX State Championship 4/18 12pm

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by ProfessorTorchic, Mar 25, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ProfessorTorchic

ProfessorTorchic New Member

Creative Gift Basket of Plano will be hosting the Texas State Championship.
    12 noon
    Entry Fee-$10.00

Prizes to be determined by Nintendo.
    More info to follow--

2. PokeMasterFlabface

PokeMasterFlabface <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Alright cool, even though I am in San Antonio, my friend wants to go and see how it will be. So hes taking me and a friend up there, but I'm the only one playing. I think it will be fun, I don't really care if I don't win or not... it will be a fun experience. :)

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

This will be a tough, yet fun one! The competition is going to be tough in all three age groups, so nobody let your guard down! Almost all of the best players will be there, so come with your best deck, your best attitude, your best sportsmanship, and your best game face! It'll be an awesome time, so best of luck to all!

Btw, Ricky, let's hope that I don't run into you the 1st round of the GBA tournament! Or Clay...or George...or anybody who doesn't suck at it >_<

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  4. PokeMasterFlabface

Yeah I hope they will have a GB Battle there, can't wait to have some Colosseum Pokemon added to my level 100 Pokemon team. I can't wait to see what kind of competition there will be on the GB and the cards. The State Championships looks like the place to be when the time comes. :)

5. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

i'll be there ready with a new rogue deck..... :D see ya there

6. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

~PokeMasterFlabface~

Every "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament held at "Premier Events" have been ran by the rules from the first "EX Ruby & Sapphire Pre-release Tournament". Unless the rules are changed, you cannot play with any Pokemon over the level of 50.

FYI, Pokemon players that are planning on attending the "Texas State Championships". Master Professor Birch and Lil' Birch are registered and paid. :D All of you Pokemon players that have been wanting to play Master Professor Birch, now you get your chance!!!! Beware, I'm not called Master Professor for nothing........ :lol:

See ya'll tomorrow at the "Oklahoma City~City Championships" at "Game Headquarters" in OKC. :thumb:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

7. PokeMasterFlabface

O alright its level 50 Pokemon, I can make a great team in a short while, just can't wait. :)

8. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

All right a chance to beat Big Birtch and Lil' Birch this will be awsome!!!!!

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Well after experiencing all the winning decks at all the CC's, I am sure Birch and Lil' Birch will have some awsome decks... cant wait... and as for the GBA Johnny..... I hope you get to last a few rounds there as well, but ya can always loose to me whenever..... lol... sides you still have 3 weeks to improve!!! Now if I can only beat you in the top 8 this time, I will be ok.... =p

Defenitely looking for blood in TCG this time around.... I have come so close everytime, only to come up short... and with higher stakes, I am prepared to rise and face this new challenge... gl to all who participate....

10. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ Active Member

We'll definitely be there.....same deck....new tweaks....for the better.....

11. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

Oh, yeah, expect me to be there with a new deck, playtested and tweaked. I'm really looking forward to this event so I can payback some old rivals of mine. j/k

12. Cyrus

Not to mention make some new ones! ;P

13. Xeno

Xeno New Member

Alright! Everything is settled and it looks like I'll be able to make it out to Plano for the Texas Championships! Hmm..,I'll have to train up my pokies in the GBA and decide which deck to bring...

14. PokeMasterFlabface

I have one question about the GBA Tourney, how much does it cost and what Pokemon are you allowed to use. Since Colosseum came out, are we able to use any of the G/S/C Pokemon we get from Colosseum? I need to know, because I don't wanna go with a team and not have the right ones to play with. :)

15. Cyrus

Ooooooh, also, one thing they're doing in OK that sounds really cool is that they're having a sealed tournament! Will we be able to do something like that down here?! =D

16. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

OK< while this is not officiall answer from Birch, having played and won in some of his tournies I can feild this one.... Basically the rules of the orginal GBA tourney s are what is being enforced by Birch

3 Pokemon, no greater than lvl 50, all different Pokes...

no same held item
    no Kyogre, Rayquazza or Groudon

any other legitamatly obtained Pokemon is ok, unless Nintendo says otherwise before then... this includes Jirachi, Colesuem Pokes, and FRLG Pokes (I have been using my Snorlax the last 2 events...)

Pokemon that are technically not allowed (since I doubt Birch will know all this, dotn know how up to speed he is on GBA pokemon, though he is the man in TCG knowledge)

Mewtwo- can only legally be caught at lvl 70 in FRLG
    Mew- Isnt available in Japan, so if you have it is obviously Sharked
    Celebi- Unless you have a Japanese Colisuem game with Pre-order disc, impossible to obtain legit
    Tyranitar/Dragonite- They evolve at lvl 55.... nuff said
    Deoxys- Again, not even available in Japan yet....
    I am like 90% sure on these, but have to read through Colisuem guide book again to make sure...
    Ho-oh/Lugia- can only be caught at level 70 on FRLG, with an unatainable ticket... depending on requirement and lvl on Colesuem, these would be illegal too

other rules are...

No healing moves (example: Rest/Recover) after 8 minutes

Battles are 10 minutes long

No Switching after the 10 minute time frame is up (sudden death after 10 Minutes)

If I missed anything, feel free to add to that... but that is the rules that Birch inforced over the last 2 CC's

17. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

Very Good.......

:D ~~Very Gooooood, Spectreon~~ :D

Spectreon, you are the one and only "GBA" spokes-person for Master Professor Birch. :rolleyes: But, Master Professor Birch is not the PTO for the "Texas State Championships". That honor has fallen upon "Chris Hunt" of "Creative Gift Baskets" in Plano, Texas. :thumb: You will have to consult Mr. Hunt or his "GBA" expert on the rules for the "GBA" Tournament, if they are having one. :cool:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

18. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan New Member

It says on the title of the post that the event starts at 12. Does this mean the GBA tourneys and such will start at 12, or wil the main event start at 12? Houston players(myself included) will never be there before 12 to start the main event, considering a 5 hour drive. If the main event starts at 12, would it be possible to move it to maybe 1 to 1:30? 'm sure many Houston players will be attending.

19. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Its not that bad I talked to Mr.Hunt over the phone and he's a pretty nice guy I'll ask him about the gba tourney.

20. Xeno

Xeno New Member

Yeah, it is a long drive to Plano from here(Houston). I'm thinking of going there a day ahead and sleeping in a hotel or something. Then I can be well-rested for the main tournament the next morning.