TX State Report

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Xeno, Apr 19, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Xeno

Xeno New Member

After a very long drive, BigDaddyJim got me and Seth(AggronBlaster) to the Dallas area. Wow, it's beautiful down there, alot better than Houston anyways. We spent a night there so we could be refreshed for the tournament.

GBA Tournament:

My team:
    Gardevoir: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Will-o-Wisp, Calm Mind
    Metagross: Brick Break, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Earth Quake
    Shedinja: Shadowball, Double Team, Protect, Silver Wind

The GBA tournament went by too fast for me so I can't remember most of their names. I did remember that most of my opponents rode in the same car together and Shedinja did the bulk of the work. In the finals, it was me against Danny(Obi Wan) and I won in the end. I got three booster packs and he got two. He pulled a Blaze ex though and I pulled two holos.

State Championship:

This deck has gotten me 4th place at the Sugarland Championships but I've been messing with it a little. I'm doing this from memory so it might be a little off.
    My deck:
    3 Salamence
    4 Shelgon
    4 Bagon
    2 Dunsparce
    4 Eevee
    2 Espeon
    1 Vaporeon
    1 Flareon
    1 Meditite

2 Boost Energy
    4 MultiEnergy
    7 Fire Energy
    6 Water Energy

4 Copycat
    2 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Bill's Maintenance
    2 Elm's Training Method
    2 Fisherman
    2 Switch
    3 Strength Charm
    1 Town Volunteers

I suck at remembering names unless I know the person or talked to them after the tournament so my appologies to my challenging opponents. In fact, my memory is very bad, so I might remember rounds in wrong order and whatnot.

Round 1 vs Magma Groudon/Zangoose/Aggron
    After the game, he told me he didn't know about the new Dark Energy ruling but it was kinda too late then. He started off with a TM Aron first and a TM Groudon on the bench. First two turns, he attached Dark Energy to TM Groudon. Being Resistant to fighting, I made started to knock his Pokémon down with some help from strength charm even though he was powering up those Zangooses.

Round 2 vs BAR
    Wow, this guy got his Rayquaza out fast. He did some fancy tricks with MultiEnergys and had me in trouble. But in his haste to kill me fast, he ran out of Electric Energy and I made a come back with Salamence. In the end, he had one prize left when I won.

Round 3 vs BAR
    He could only find one basic through the whole game. I used Eevee to search for a bunch of evolutions and won it with a Vaporeon and Strength Charm on his Combusken.

Round 4 vs BAR
    I don't remember much of this match other than he is the son of the guy in Round 2. Anyways, after a challenging match, I also took the win here.

At this point, I was drooling how I could have a whole box of cards to myself. I forced myself out of it and told myself that if I got cocky, I would lose. It all went downhill from here, I felt a chill, it was like some bad omen.

Round 5 vs Patriach's Niniken
    I didn't know who this guy was until after the tourney but he was probably the most friendly. He shook my hand before and after the game. Well, we both got set up pretty fast with me sorta energy screwed. When he started to power up Delcatty, I tried to stall with Agility so I could find a Strength Charm or two. Unfortunately, my flips sucked and he took out two of my Salamences and won.

Top 8:

Round 1 vs Danny (Blaze ex/BAR Variant)
    This guy goes to my league and is a great battler. He got Blaze ex running around turn 3 or so and I had nothing. It was all over from there and I got 8th place. I made a bunch of rigged jokes afterwards since Proffesor Birch had to battle his son the same round I battled Danny. It was for a laugh, nothing else.

Two TA Walrein form my 4 packs, yay! I eventually traded with Oliver for a bunch of nice cards. The long drive home took a lot out of me and I'm still a bit tired. Over all, it was a fun trip and I have traded a lot up at State. I learned from some of the best players in Texas and I hope to get better.

Props:
    -BigDaddyJim for taking us
    -Everyone I battled and everyone that traded with me
    -Danny winning it all and bringing the title back to Houston
    -Oliver and Patriarch for hanging out with AggronBlaster and me
    -BanginBox for hanging out with us before the tournament started

Slops:
    -The long drive making me tired
    -Having to battle Danny first round of elmination
    -BigDaddyJim for not making it very far. I know he could do a LOT better
    -AggronBlaster being at number 9 at top 8...ouchy....

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  2. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ Active Member

Yea i played you first round of the game boy tourny and then you played ricky after me....killed us both with shedinja....anyways i got 3rd....lost to Danny in top four ( kudos to Danny )

i dont remeber much about the whole tourny other than that in top 8 first round i was playing Gilbert ( sceptile-ex deck ) i was behind in prizes to him he had 1 left and i had 6....well anyways i finally drew something... ( a blaze-ex )
    i rare candied it and i drew a prize off his eevee and from there it was downhill for him....i ended up winning with jus blaze-ex 7-8 turns later..

top 4- i faced danny and i lost to him becuz of blaze-ex and having 3 of 4 torchics in prizes after three oracles and 7 draw cards certainly didnt help my chances

anyways i had tons of fun.....hope everyone else did too.....gl to all who are going to OK States
    see ya there

3. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ Active Member

sorry for the doubl post

I meant to say ( kudos to Daniel ).....since that is what i know him by

4. old man

old man New Member

Great job!!!
    To jog your memory a little - Round 2 you played Zangoose, 3rd round was me & 4th as you said was his son. So in the swiss part you played 3 Okies.

I say again, great job!

5. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

Great Job....Guys

:clap: Great Job, Guys!!!!! :clap:

That is great job to my players from Houston!!! Actually Xeno, you finished 5th-Place in the "State Championships". With Daniel being seeded 7th at the start of the Top-8, you were the only top-4 seed to lose. Therefore you dropped to 5th Place.

Congratulations, to DANIEL for taking the "TOP PRIZE" in the highly competive "15-Over" Age Group. With there being 35-players in this age group, double kudos to him. Daniel is one of my favorite players from the Houston area. He never gets excited or changes expressions on his face during his matches. What a "Poker" face. He could be dangerous. :cool:

Kudos to you, Xeno for your 5th-Place finish. And I am sorry Aggronblaster, but I did not realize that you finished in 9th-Place. Kudos to you also. All in all, my Houston players put on an outstanding performance in the "Texas State Championships". Top-2 finishers in the "GBA" tournament, winner of the "15-over" State Champion, and Top-4 finishes in the "10-Under"by Austin Cook and Clint Armstrong all from Houston.
    :thumb:

GREAT JOB, GUYS!!!!!

I will see you on May 8, 2004 for the "Houston Gym Challenge".

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

6. Xeno

Xeno New Member

Thanks everyone, heh. ^_^

I can't believe I forgot to mention banginbox for hanging out with us before the tournament. Like I said, my memory is terrible. It was truly a fun day though!

7. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan New Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. I want to once again congradulate everyone, we all fought hard. I was also upset when I played Phillip in the first round, because he was doing great the whole tournament, and I thought I was done. I have to admit I got a little lucky with a faster start that he did, I wouldn't have stood a chance if he got started before me. Phillip, your a great player, and I give you ultimate props man. Its the Bill's Maintenance!!!(inside joke)

I gotta give Clay his props. that was an awesome game man. On top of the fact that 3 torchics were in the prizes, you still put up a hell of a fight, and thats amazing. You truly are a skilled player, and I wish you luck at your next event. We've played each other 3 times in 2 events...I find that wierd.

Charles, thanks for everything. You are a great TO and friend. Hope to see you again soon.

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

*kudos to Richard!*
    *kudos to Daniel!*
    *kudos to Phillip!*

*Quickly huddles into corner so he may pet his Pichu plush doll >_>""*

PS: Ricky....you didn't tell me what happened.................No worries, you still pwn in GBA! Better than I do >_>""