Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyranitar deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOROY

This is my tyranitar deck, but it seems slow and it's not easy to get everything I need, so I could use suggestions, thanks.

2 Cleffa-Neo
2Tyranitar-Neo Discovery
2Pupitar-Neo
4Larvitat-Aquapolis
2Mew-evolution power
2Rocket's Mewtwo
2Unown D
3Eevee-Neo
2Espeon-psychic attack
--21--

4Proffesor Elm
3Professor Elm's training Method
2Pokemon Trader
2Pokemon Fan Club
1Town Volunteers
--12--

4Dark energy
3Rainbow energy
20Psychic energy
--27--

My biggest problem is getting tyranitar out fast enough because i can't get the energies out for him and the other pokemon. Espeon is for stalling until Tyranitar is ready and Mewtwo is a big hitter, and the only pokemon to get out those pesky Mews in one hit. Thanks!

Try dropping about 10 Psychic Energy (no, I'm not kidding) for more Trainers. Your Trainers are nothing but drawing and deck searching, with one card for discard rescue. Plus, you have very few of them, and you can never play more than 4 of them in a turn. You also need healing (very important), Switches (same, especially with your Retreat costs), disruption (not required but strongly recommended), and more discard rescue (i.e. Energy Charge). If you have a fourth Rainbow Energy available, change one of your remaining Psychic Energies to the fourth Rainbow. You might want Pokemon Breeder, also. If dropping Energies doesn't give you enough room, you can also drop a few of your Pokemon. Definitely drop one of the Unown D's, since having two in play cancels them out anyway.

I totally agree with dkdates. Drop 10 psychic energy.

I would also...
- drop the Mewtwos
- drop the Mews

I would say keep 2 Unown Ds. If D is in your prizes, you're hosed.

Add trainers. The usual suspects.

Here's an idea, to get Tyranitar out 2nd turn without Breeder (which you should use too)

Attach Darkness Energy to Larvitar, then equip it with Star Piece (SR) and attack, end of turn, 1 damage counter. Your opponents turn - 1 damage counter, activating Star Piece, search your deck for Pupitar, evolving between turns, letting you legally evolve into Tyranitar next turn.

Wow, thamks for all the help, I used a lot of these ideas and revised my deck, tell me if it is better or worse, I need lots of help to get this deck perfect! :thumb:

2Cleffa
2Tyranitar
2Pupitar
4Larvitar
3Eevees
2Espeons
2Mews
1Rocket's Mewtwo
2Unown D
--20--

4Proffesor Elm
2Pokemon Trader
2Pokemon Breeder
3Proffesor Elm's training Method
2Pokemon Fan Club
1Town Volunteers
2Power Charge
4Focus Band
2Switch
--22--

4Darkness Energy
4Rainbow Energy
10 Psychic Energy
--18--

Okay I kept Mew because he really helps me a lot and 1 Mewtwo because all of the psychic decks at my league,(which there is a lot of), contains Mew, and Mewtwo can take him out. Power Charge and Focus Band can get me needed energies and keep my pokemon alive; and swith can help tyranitar with his steep retreat cost. Thanks for all of the help and you can help some more too! ;)

Looking good. And remember that Banding Rocket's Mewtwo can gelp you max out the power of its Juxtapose attack. My only suggestion is to try taking out one of the Pupitars for a third Tyranitar -- with the Breeders, that would bring the line to a 4-3-3. Anyway, I'm guessing some of your speed troubles have been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back