Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyranitar Umbreon Deck (Need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrumpet

Okay, well so far this is my current build and need to know what to add in/improve for state this weekend:

Pokemon:
3 - Tyranitar (UL)
3 - Pupitar (SF)
3 - Larvitar (UL)
2 - Umbreon (UD)
3 - Eevee (UD)
2 - Sableye (SF)
2 - Spiritomb (Arceus)
1 - Absol G (SV)
1 - Unown Q (MD)
1 - Smeargle (UD)
1 - Azelf (LA)
1 - Uxie (LA)

Trainers/Supporters:
3 - Professor Oak's New Theory
1- Cyrus's Conspiracy
1 - Flower Shop Lady
2 - Seeker
2 - Expert Belt
1 - Dusk Ball
1 - Luxury Ball
2 - Pokemon Communication
1 - Twins
1 - Warp Point
3 - Bebe's Search
1 - Pokemon Collector
2 - Broken Time-Space

Energies:
8 - Dark
4 - Special Dark
2 - Double Colorless
1 - Cyclone
1 - Warp

The main strategy for this deck is to get Tyranitar (since he's the heavy hitter) out as fast as possible with the trainers, supporters, and Broken Time-Space. Umbreon is in there as a back-up and also to constantly use Moonlight Fang. Absol is thrown in there just for his second attack which instantly knocks out a Pokemon. I use Uxie and Azelf for draw and search power, Spiritombs to evolve faster and delay with his Poke-Power, and Sableye to use supporters from my deck. Smeargle is only in there to use the opponent's supports against them.

Let me know what changes should be made, or if I should try a completely different approach since this is an all-too-recent deck that I made. Thank you!

Pokemon:
3 - Tyranitar (Prime)
2 - Pupitar (SF)
3 - Larvitar (UL)
2 - Umbreon (UD)
2 - Eevee (UD)
4 - Sableye (SF)
0 - Spiritomb (Arceus)
0 - Absol G (SV)
1 - Unown Q (MD)
1 - Smeargle (UD)
1 - Azelf (LA)
2 - Uxie (LA)

Trainers/Supporters:
0 - Professor Oak's New Theory
0- Cyrus's Conspiracy
1 - Flower Shop Lady
2 - Seeker
2 - Expert Belt
0 - Dusk Ball
1 - Luxury Ball
3 - Pokemon Communication
1 - Twins
3 - Warp Point
3 - Bebe's Search
4 - Pokemon Collector
3 - Broken Time-Space

Energies:
6 - Dark
4 - Special Dark
3 - Double Colorless
1 - Cyclone
2 - Warp

Edits in Bold

Hope this helps:thumb:

^Spiritomb makes this deck slower.
PONT has little use in any deck.

I forgot to say to put in 2 more Seekers

i agree tht spirtomb will slow the deck down also if u do go down to only 2 pupitars add some rare candies also i believe PONT will help in this deck its a hand refresher to help get set up so i believe it has plenty of use in any deck

^No!

Tyranitar HP160 :dark:

:dark: Darkness Howl
This attack does 20 damage to each Pokemon in play (both your's and your opponent's) (excluding and :dark: Pokemon).(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for benched Pokemon.

:dark::colorless::colorless: Power Claw 60
This attack's damage isn't affected by Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

:dark::dark::colorless::colorless: Megaton Tail 120
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck.
W::fighting:x2 R::psychic:-20 R::colorless::colorless::colorless:

Prime is much better! T-tar UL can any only do 80, 140 Damage when including E-belt and 4 sp Dark. Thats not very good

Ah ok, forgot about its last move. Unfortunately, I don't have any Primes. Should I just stick with what I have and see if anyone will trade before the tournament, or do something different than Tyranitar? Someone suggested using Honchkrows...the ones that know Riot.

^Try to get the Primes. In the mean time, write out (on a paper) the effects of the card like Weakness, Resistance, Attacks, Retreat, ECT..........

Alright well after looking at the Honchkrow, it may be a better choice for now. It only has 90 hp, but it does 30 damage + 10 more for each basic Pokemon in play, and its poke-power lets you put basics from your opponent's discard pile onto their bench. It also only has 1 retreat cost. I mean, it does seem a bit risky to use, but it could be doing much more damage if I can't get the Tyranitar primes.

I actually run a similar deck but use the Honchkrow from Supreme Victors that has a poke power of "Darkness Restore" and has Riot, with the Tyranitar Prime. You can pull an already knocked out basic and place it on their bench, and then attack all non-dark pokemon with Tyranitar's Darkness howl. With special energy cards attached you should be able to do a little more damage there and possibly win out without touching the active pokemon. At least that is how I would look at it. As I am a newbie at this, What do the others with more experience think of this?

Yeah, I mean even without the T-tar Prime, Honchkrow can do 80 damage if your bench is full of basics anyways. So at the max, it could do 140 without anything equipped if you're lucky, then an additional 10 for each special dark, and finally an expert belt. So if you can somehow pull it off without them knocking out Honchkrow, it can do a max of 200.

^but you may want to stick to the speed thing by going for Power claw with E-belt, one sp Dark, and one DCE.

I'm not sure why people like running with the SF Pupitar anymore when the UL Pupitar with that Boost Gas is so much better

Free retreat imo.

If this is trying to be competitive you're definitely going to want to have the Tyranitar Primes instead. Take out either Spiritomb or Sableye. Don't take 2 of each, you want to be going for consistency.

Take out the Cyrus and Absol G since Doom News isn't that reliable and they can retreat and bring out a new pokemon. Maybe replace them with 2 rare candies instead.

Energy wise I think you should run

4x Normal Dark
4x Special Dark
3x DCE,
2x Warp Energy
2x Rescue Energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back