Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK Player Rewards.

So I just noticed I got some mail today. During my third season (third year) of playing in Pokemon's Organised Play events, I've finally got my first lot of Player Rewards. There's 3 lots here, and there's apparently 4. In one of the letters, it mentions that some of the promos may not be Modified Legal, but all I have here are energies. Would I be safe to assume that any promos that aren't modified legal are in the last letter that I don't have yet?

So good work on finally getting my promos out to me, and I patiently wait for the last lot.

Actually there are 5 lots : one for each of the past five quarters.

You probably wont get any more until the next batch are dispatched from the USA. possible reasons are that you were not opted in to rewards, that your address was not completed, that you didn't meet the minimum play requirement for that quarter.

You can check your rewards level for any quarter here https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/my-rewards

Thanks for the heads up. I've noticed that all of my activity has been coming from all but one of the stores that I go to, so I imagine that this is something I need to talk over with my Tournament Organiser? (I've been meaning to get on at him about this anyway, since we have players at our league who play week in, week out and are missing out on player rewards and play points because he hasn't figured out the tournament software yet)

you can't get league points and tournament points at the same time. Tournaments at league should not be sanctioned.

You only get one league point per season no matter how many different leagues you go to.

I got a DEX booster box through the door the other day (not literally of course). Is that because of player rewards? Because I didn't order it, nor was any money taken out of my account for it.

I got a DEX booster box through the door the other day (not literally of course). Is that because of player rewards? Because I didn't order it, nor was any money taken out of my account for it.

You are in the USA, correct? If so, how many Play Points are you at?

Wonder if this is the Play! Point based rewards that were spoken of at the beginning of the year...

I highly doubt it, but if it's true that'd be exciting.

I haven't got any player rewards either - they seem really random as to who gets them and who doesn't. I'm definitely opted in and they have my address as I've had them in the past so why no rewards?

My last player rewards was that Lucian/Cynthia stuff. And even if Junk Arm, Collector etc will rotatate, it would still be great to get the energy. ^^

I think he got 4 Ian, energies (a couple of different types) and some supporters. It's not important in terms of actually wanting the cards now but I just get frustrated that the systems they have in place don't seem to work and that is discouraging for players. When we got the rewards earlier in the season (think it was tail end of last year or start of this one) there was a letter in with them saying that higher ranking players would have some extra promo cards enclosed - Tommy was no. 1 in the world at the time and all we both got was energy, it just doesn't make sense. No need to waste time on mine but it would be good if you could pass the info back up the chain to whoever manages the system so they can check it out.

By the way, thanks to all for a great Nationals.

Actually Liz, its not wasting time by looking closely at specific issues. I found out that the website randomly ignores line 2 of the address for example. (George Boon's issue). I'd only recently seen this with a league address and now know it is much more widespread :(

Having seen lots of these envelopes now I can see that the USA format address information stored on the player's account is not getting translated well to English addresses. Heaven only knows what it will do to Republic of Ireland addresses that have no postcode.

Players also put some very strange information into the address fields.

Players use temporary addresses too such as university digs, which means that a lot gets lost in the post.

So plenty of room for improvement both from the website and players.

Back