UK Players At Worlds 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by TheLegendKiller, Aug 10, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheLegendKiller

TheLegendKiller New Member

Its been several very hot days in the son and Hawaii is an amazing place. Its now 5.24am (10 hours difference between the UK), and ready to just walk down the hall way to register for the grinder.Well here we go, after over 24 hours of travelling 2 changes and 3 planes we are here, btw pictures to follow.
    Sami/Yacine/Fares and Amy, we all settle in with all the UK players, the place itself is so beautiful just walking outside your room it was astounding to seeing the Hawaian culture. The only problem is the place itself in the middle of no where its like spending a week in "Balcombe" but in the tropics.For someone as cosmopolitanised as myself, Waikoloa is kinda depressing but it has alot happening for itself on the site. 9 miles from the town centre itself and without a car it is an issue to go anywhere. So literally we didnt explore much and after the heavy jet lack, Day 1-2, we`ve really just spent in the Craigs/Fulops room, playtesting, which was fun and i personally have learnt how strategically this game can get with Eric`s advice. Ive decided to go "Speed Spread" for the grinder, and having played test it against other players its shocking how hard the metagame it is over here,lol in contrast to the UK. And getting beat badly by "players that don`t make mistakes" has really worried me,lol.........1-6

The Grinder:

Update later this afternoon.

2. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

Play Scizorgross!!!

Good luck pal, let me know how it goes by msn.

3. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

Good luck nitish, hope u make it.

P.S title is the wrong year.

4. Dom

Dom New Member

Ya so I didn't go in the end.

Good luck Nitish and whoever else is playing in the grinder, and of course Sami/anyone else that makes it through to the main event, do the UK proud guys :thumb:

Rhyperior is the play btw

5. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

Christopher F made it through the 10-, he looks like the only one of our lot to get through though.

So that makes 3 in Juniors, 1 in Seniors and Masters right?

6. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Ewwww I hope you meant to say SUN!

7. Emeralda

Emeralda New Member

Well done to Chris! Very good show by him. *tips hat*

And best of luck to all our representatives. *gagging for updates* :D

8. afirule

afirule New Member

Sami In Top 16!!!!!!!!!!!
    Come On Boyoooo!!!!!!!

9. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

So is Fares.

10. Emeralda

Emeralda New Member

Come on you Brits!

11. Ultima

Ultima New Member

Top 8! Make us proud!

12. Kempley05

Kempley05 New Member

He's playing v. Flygon LM which is a terrible matchup though.

13. manicgiraffe

manicgiraffe New Member

Summary for those asleep right now:

Sami Sekkoum made Top8
    Nitish attempted the grinder
    (did more attempt it?)

Adam Hawkins 37th

Fares Sekkoum Top16
    Christopher Fotheringham successfully ground in on 4-2. Finished 58th in Worlds.

Pretty cool.
    MG

14. Dom

Dom New Member

I assume Yacine woulda played in the grinder too.

15. afirule

afirule New Member

great job to every UK player at worlds, particularly the Sekkoums with a Top8 from Sami and a Top 16 from Feres!
    Thanks guys and great job for giving us a shot at the titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

16. Ash_Van_Je

Ash_Van_Je New Member

Ya what happened to Yascine?

17. manicgiraffe

manicgiraffe New Member

Andy, at least you lost out to one of the best in the world. Must be nice to know.

The Grinder entrants aren't listed, only the qualifiers. We know who made it, we don't know who tried. There were 4 guaranteed places available for Masters from the Grinder, and one extra space became available (presumably someone did not turn up). By contrast, seven extra places appeared in Juniors. So the Masters Grinder was tough, not that anyone thought it would be easy.

Guess they can give reports here when they feel like it.

MG

18. afirule

afirule New Member

Sami promised me a report! :tongue: He better deliver! :biggrin: :lol:

19. PokemonSteve

PokemonSteve New Member

Well, lets all give our UK players a big hand just for playing in worlds, and a bigger hand for everyone that bad top16/8.

20. Dom

Dom New Member