Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK: TPFGs Monthly Convention :UK

irwinmalek

Irwin. Many of us are going to stay loyal and stick with those that have been investing in the game for years...

So for monthly tournaments I'll be off to Rainham. Which at least is right on top of a railway station rather than miles away from everywhere ;)

I wish you well and hope that there are some local players to support this event.

NoPoke said:
Irwin. Many of us are going to stay loyal and stick with those that have been investing in the game for years...

Not sure what that part means, but regardless, I appreciate your good luck wishes :)

Just an update, as the tournament is just over a week away, The Place for Games have put up some info on their site www.theplaceforgames.com , under the events section (it is amongst some Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments).

They have listed the booster prizes there, but rest assured there will be more to win, and I will make sure evryone gets something, no matter where they place. I will confirm these extras in the next day or two.

Again, thanks to those who have pre-registered by e-mail, it will save time on the day, and remember that transport is available from High Wycombe train station to the hall and back, for those who pre-register (and ask for it).

Remember that the main tournament, which is Modified Constructed will be using the new format, with Expedition-Skyridge banned. There will be product available with prizes for anyone wanting to do 8-player sanctioned drafts, etc..

Anyway, by the looks of things, this is shaping up to be quite good, and it's not just locals either (in fact, it's mostly not locals, since there has never been a league in High Wycombe).

Any info needed, check the link in my original post, e-mail me, or go to The Place for Games website, thanks..

Hi, just found out more about the prize support, which is confirmed to include POP Series 1 boosters :) a well as piles of other promos (I expect this includes some of the cool "UK promos"...).

As I said, I am working on getting some other stuff to ADD to all that, which will be posted when I can guarantee it, but rest assured, if I can, everyone will really love it, and that's an under-statement!

Nevertheless, everyone will walk away with something, I will guarantee it...

Hey,

thanks everyone for turning up, it was great fun today... We had new players too which was great,,, Well done Chris for winning 15+ in BOTH tournaments. Was that 7 games unbeaten? 11-14 was won by Mattheus from London in both tournaments, and 10- was won in both tournaments by David... Well done..

To make the number of players even, I played, so the tournament will be sanctioned by TPFG rather than me, probably tomorrow. Thanks...

Last edited:
TO plays in his own tournament ?

PLay by all means but don't sanction it.

so presumably there were only 7 players? two/three in each age group?

Actually, Ian and Ben, as you may have seen in my post, I mentioned that TPFG sanctioned it, so that I could play and have 10 players in the tournament rather than 9.

The tournament that was sanctioned is down as cancelled, so no, the TO, Carl didn't play in his own tournament...

And let's forget the bit about me being beaten by a 7 year old... :)

irwinmalek said:
Actually, Ian and Ben, as you may have seen in my post, I mentioned that TPFG sanctioned it, so that I could play and have 10 players in the tournament rather than 9.

The tournament that was sanctioned is down as cancelled, so no, the TO, Carl didn't play in his own tournament...

And let's forget the bit about me being beaten by a 7 year old... :)
But here you are Irwin http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/tournaments_detail.asp?tournament_id=410000072 as the TO so you're not a TO now?

Confused here .. really nice that you had enough players but if they had a TO why did you sanction the event?

It's really not that complex Ben :)

If you look at the link you just posted, you'll notice it says cancelled.

I was planning on running it, but on the day, we decided that, since they weren't too busy, and since there were 9 players (an odd number), I would play and TPFG would sanction it... Not that complicated really, is it? Lol...

No effect on the players, as the event ran as advertised, but with one more player, no?

smoke and mirrors Irwin.... smoke and mirrors.

you played

you made a big noise about being the TO.

PUI have a rule that TOs don't play in their own tournaments. you broke the Spirit of that rule.

black = white
war = peace
truth = lies
18 = 15
freedom = slavery
ignorance = strength
and more newspeak and doublethink

Last edited:
Back