UK West Midlands Events?

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Events Worldwide' started by Ryuzaki, Jun 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

Goodday children,

Does anyone know if there are usually any Pokemon TCG tournament events in or around the West Midlands area held during the championships season, and if so are there likely to be any next season? Is there much of a player base in this area? (general, I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance).

Much obliged,
    Ryuzaki

2. Donezator

Donezator New Member

The only place I know of (I live in the West Midlands) is Phoenix Gmaes in Leicester. This season they held pre-releases, Citys, States and a Battle Road. Plus, they have a mini tourney every Saturday! For more information visit their website, http://www.phoenix-games.co.uk/. I go here as many weeks as possible and I have made friends extremley quickly, and the staff are very helpful as well! Hope this helps you;

Donezator

3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much! Very helpful. Does anyone else on the PokéGym attend these Leicester events?

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Assuming you have a MyPokemon account you can find out where events have been held in the past.

The West Midlands is a big place and there may be something closer than Leicester.

5. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

I think Leicester will be fine, if there's an STP there then I assume there's a decent enough player base and smoothly run events to make it worth the distance. Its not too far from where I'll be located anyway (with regards to which I'm being intentionally vague, I don't want to give out my exact location online, never can be too security conscious).

6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

.. there have been events in Crewe. Which may be closer.

7. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

Sorry to put you to trouble, I'll have a look on the Tournament Locator for the past Crewe events, that may be useful too. Thanks for the info, Crewe is also a reasonable distance away. I'm willing to travel a bit so its nice to have a few options.

8. ice_brakerz

ice_brakerz New Member

lol.... if you can travel to crewe how about a bit more distance to manchetser..... theres also quite a good player base there :D

9. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

To my knowledge, Crewe has permanently shut down. So, my closest leagues are also Manchester and Leicester. Both stable venues, Manchester has a DS playerbase too if you're into that.

10. OllieK

OllieK New Member

i go to leicster but only during serious tourneys:lol:

11. venomex

venomex New Member

STP Events for 2008/09 are yet to be confirmed, however Phoenix Games has run these in the past, Also Leeds has league events as well.