Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Umbreon

WeileMom

Hi, I was wondering if anyone uses Umbreon in their deck? It's pokebody doesn't allow anyone to use Pokepowers, which would essentially shut down BAR and Gardevoir decks, right? As long as it is the active pokemon of course.
Just curious as I never really looked at it before.
---Nicole
WeileMom

I think it only works well in 2-on-2 battles, where your own deck doesn't rely on poke-powers. You can then use another heavy hitter as your main attacker, and leave Umbreon to disrupt.

In regular battles Umbreaon deals too little damage to stop any of the mentioned decks. With one darkness energy and one of any type, he deals only 20 or 50 damage depending on a flip. That's not good enough to stop Gardevoir or BAR.

How about backing him up with Furrett to get out the Darkness Energy?
That would up his damage.

Psycodad made this Muk EX/Umbreon deck, the psychic weakness gets covered this way, and even though Umbreon doesnt do much damage (35 average with a dark), the speed of the deck and the space to play Energy Removal 2 and stuff makes up for a lot.

Last edited:
or a rapid spin attack so you leave umbreon /wobuffet active to upset your opponents plans.

Hmm are there any decent Rapid Spinners left?

nopoke brings up a pretty darn good idea.

There's not too many rapid spinners left. I know that the DR Foretress can do it on a discard. Also, we have of course Gengar. T2'ing an Umbreon is lethal stuff to BAR and you basically beat Gardy if you have decent backup. Gengar might work alright with it imo.

Ninjask/ Umbreon maybe? The only problem is getting Umbreon back on the bench the next turn.(I'm assuming he has a retreat cost)

Warpoint is too heavily played again and it easily get's Umbreon out of the active position. It basically would only shut off Blaziken 1 turn if that. Just too many ways to get that Warpoint into play!!

You know what would be fun? To play an Umbreon/Slaking deck! That would be so frustrating!!
But seriously, all of the Eeveelutions have 1 :colorless retreat cost. If you put Magneton on your bench you could recover that energy. With Umbreon active you couldn't use it but if you retreat Umbreon, bring up Gengar or Fortress, attack then switch back to Umbreon. Next turn retreat Umbreon, pull up Gengar/Fortress again, use Magneton to get the energy back, etc.
Kind of an interesting combo! I wonder how many Ubreon you would need to make it work well.
---Nicole
WeileMom

Last edited:
Eric (psychodad =/ ) plays it with muk ex, but the deck isn't as good as it used to be.... Blaze ex took care of it.
Sean has already tried it with gengar, and I already tried slaking muk. lol
(all people from my league)

WeileMom said:
But seriously, all of the Eeveelutions have 1 :colorless retreat cost.

Some Eeveelutions have free retreat. Aquapolis Espeon and Skyridge Jolteon, at least.

Last edited:
Back