Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited 150 Tournament

Human Destroyer

Unlimited 150 Tournament

No Players:
Type: 1v1

Description:

Welcome one and all to the Unlimited 150 Tournament! With all the hype this format seems to be getting, it's only fitting that we see if it lives up to said hype!

Basic Rules

* 150 is an alternative format for casual play. Almost any card, from any set, in any language is legal.

* This format uses a 100 card singleton deck. It can only contain 1 copy of any card, excluding Basic Energy cards which are unlimited. The usual restriction of a maximum of 4 for a type of Pokémon applies, e.g. your deck can contain 4 Bulbasaur but they must be from different sets (and not just reprints/alternate art etc.).

* Start by drawing 15 cards from your deck, select 8, shuffle them and place them face down as prize cards. The remaining 7 are your hand. From here set up as normal. We recommend pre-B&W rules, e.g. no Trainer cards can be played if you go first.

Errata / Balance / Bans

* Pokémon ex still yield 2 prizes when knocked out. Fully evolved cards printed in sets as Pokémon Prime and B&W series holo rares (striped foil or higher rarity) also count as Pokémon ex. Pokémon LV.X and Pokémon Legend are treated as printed.

* The Black & White series Pokémon EX are banned.

* Abilities and Pokémon Powers are split into Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies in order to interact with other cards smoothly. If it requires activating (e.g. uses “you may”), it’s a Poke-Power. If the effect is static, it’s a Poke-Body. If a card mentions Abilities or Pokémon Powers (eg. “all Pokémon Powers cannot be used…”) this covers Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies.

* The non-Pokémon, non-Energy cards are Trainer, Supporter, Stadium. These cards are never two or more types (e.g. “Trainer – Supporter” cards count as Supporter cards, but not Trainers). The term Item is returned to simply Trainer. Cards are not given further errata depending on when they were printed e.g. Item Finder works as it is printed and cannot target a Supporter or Stadium.

* Fossils which are assigned to a specific Pokémon (such as Dome Fossil with Kabuto) count as Basic Fossils and 4 may be used in a deck. 4 Mysterious Fossils can also be used to evolve any Fossil Pokémon (including Revived Pokémon). For any other fossil cards (Holon Fossil, Buried Fossil etc.), only 1 of each can be used.

* For the purposes of evolving and levelling up only, the exact name of the Pokémon doesn’t matter. Things such as a trainer’s name or ‘Dark’ are ignored, e.g. Erika’s Oddish > Dark Gloom > Vileplume is a legal evolution line. If you level-up an ex it will still yield one extra prize.

* Pokémon SP are an exception to the evolving rule above and are treated as completely different Pokémon and can never evolve or level up into other versions of that Pokémon line. All Japanese “VS” cards count as Pokémon SP.

* You may use as many Arceus cards as you like in your deck, but only 1 copy of each.

Other

*All games must be played on Redshark UNLESS both players agree to using something else.

*All decklists must be sent via PM to see if they're legal or not.

*This is a Single Elimination tournament, which means once you lose, you're out of the tournament.

*All games are played best 2 out of 3 with no time limit.

*I'm starting the limit at 16 players, but I'll lower it if I have to.

Good luck! May the best deck win!

Last edited:
Hey there, I downloaded Red Shark today to try just because of this! Is there a way to get pictures for it? I've never played 150 online before but I imagine just text may get a bit confusing on unfamiliar cards. There's also the problem of the Mismagius GL Lv.X / Porgon2 UF based combos that we're trying to patch up, what would you recommend the ruling is for this in your tournament?

(Just a note, the "Errate" typo has been carried over and the caption for the Mewtwo EX picture.)

I thought I fixed the caption... >_< Oh well, I'll fix it again.

Hmmm, idk, maybe a simple ban on having them in the same deck?

Scans aren't supported at the current moment, I believe it's being worked on.

Also, you know you have to manually join, right? Not trying to sound condescending, but just to make sure. ;)

Ah, I've no idea how to do anything on Red shark yet, I only just got it. How many people you got so far? I might not have time for a tournament, I spend a lot of my free time organising 150 things IRL but I'd be glad to have you a 1 on 1 game sometime.

Only 3 people joined and I plan to join once I finish my deck, so that makes 4.

I'd love to play you sometime, I'll let you know when I get the chance.

Back