Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited Hay Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai_soldier

Hey all, I need some help, since I'm only restarting the Pokemon scene and this is my only pokemon deck that I have built.

Deck name: Hay Maker
Total Cards: 60
Energy Types: Fighting/Lightning

Energy: 18
7 Fighting
7 Lightning
4 Double Colorless Energy

Pokemon: 11
4 Hitmonchan (Base Set)
4 Scyther (Jungle)
3 Electabuzz (Base Set)

Trainer: 31
4 Energy Removal
4 Super Energy Removal
4 Bill
3 Professor Oak
3 Gust of Wind
3 Nightly Garbage Run
3 Energy Search
3 Plus Power
2 Focus Band
2 Scoop Up

Basic Strategy:
This deck is supposed to run out its quick beaters, which are: Electabuzz and Hitmonchan, who can be hooked up with a single energy of they're respective types and start attacking turn one. Scyther is a slower yet more reliable beat stick. And with 70 HP for these base pokemon they are good on they're own.

Any suggestions on how too improve this deck, any new pokemon that are better than these base three? Should I run the New Pokedex over bill? Any help would be appreicated, thanks guys.

The energies could be better. Use som Recycle enegy and Rainbow Energy. Take out Energy Search, for 2 Item Finder.

I think this deck could need some tools. I have tried Haymaker to, and Energy root really helps. Cessation Crystal is good to. And try to get 1-2 Windstorms in. Gold Berry could work ;)

Could you suggest a better Energy Base then? I haven't played in forever and I would like too know what a good base looks like.

Also...I have no idea what those cards you just are, except for Gold Berry, which I think I have a few of somewhere around here.

Anyone will too fix this list up and post a new list up too let me see how this deck would look in todays unlimited environment?

4 Recycle Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Collorless
3 Fighting

4 Hitmonchan
3 Electabuzz
3 Scyther
2 Celffa Neo Genesis

4 Energy Removal
3 Super Energy Removal
3 Bill
3 Professor Oak
3 Gust of Wind
2 Item Finder
2 Nightly Garbage Run
3 Plus Power
2 Cessation Crystal
3 Energy Root
1 Focus Band
1 Scoop Up
2 Windstorm

Recycle energy lets you put it back to your hand if it gets discarded. Rainbow energy counts as any energy, but you loose 10HP when attaching it. Item finder lets you get a trainer back from your hand if you discard 2 cards. Energy Root lets your pokemon get +20HP but cant use powers or bodies. Cessation Crystal stops Pokemon-Powers. Windstorm lets your remove tools and stadiums.

Use Scizor ex with some Boost energy and some metal energy, with Scyther you can now use Ninjask, Cleffa is still the natural starter. Try this if you want the Scizor ex idea, otherwise go with Cloud 9.

wow, way to go old school there. seriously.

first thing, you can play with a lot lower energy base. 18 is far too muhc with the versitility out there. get yourself 4 rainbow energies, and cut the energies to anywhere from 12-16, whatever you feel like is best.

4 bill and 4 oaks are must, along with 4 item finders. They are far more important than computer search in this deck. Be sure to have 3-4 comp search as well. ditch the nightly garbage runs, but if you want, keep one. cleffa will not help you in the deck only because the deck inherently has enough speed to live without it, but having 1 wouldn't hurt just in case. get 4 pluspower and 4 gust of wind somehow.

you have ZERO need for enercgy search. you can play with he focus band/scoop up combo to see how you like it best, but I prefer straight up just using scoop up only, 2-3 ususally is good.

Oh, and an igglybuff or two is absolutely neccessary.

i'l only tell you what you need, but you can fiugre out exactly how to trim your deck, that only takes practice and refinement with your deck. Also...get 4 buzz in there.

insanity-like decks were da play, i'd make something like this:

Pokés:10

3 Scyther
3 Sneasel
2 Slugma
2 Magcargo

Energies:10

4 Darkness sp
3 DCE
3 Recycle

Trainers:40

4 E.R
3 S.E.R
4 Gust of wind
4 Great ball
3 Prof Oak
4 Bill (combo with magcargo for PC-search like)
3 Celio's
3 Windstorm
3 Warp point
3 Scoop up
1 Nightly garbage run
3 Energy charge

this was the first idea that came up in my mind. dont want to think too much becuz unlimited would make godly combos :D

Magcargo is to slow. Sure he can get any card you want, but
with all the Draw that there already is and with Cargo's High
Retreat, it's not worth it. It's Suppose to Hit Fast and Hard.

From Cloud9's list i'd probably take out
1 Rainbow/ Fighting
1 DCE
1 Recycle
1 Root
1 NGR
for
3 CPU Search
1 Item Finder
1 Oak

If I were playing this deck I would feel that 4/4/4 of the "Big Three"
is best for Speed.