unlimited lightning suicide.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ydsavaged, Aug 19, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ydsavaged

ydsavaged New Member

me and some friends still play unlimited tournaments at our local shop. most of us are old players from when neo genesis was basically the newest set out o_O. Anyway heres a deck that used to win every game.

Rockets zapdos X4
    Electabuzz X4 (base set)
    Cleffa x1 (neo genesis)

Computer search x4
    Item finder x4
    gust of wind x4
    pluspower x4
    mistys wrath x4
    nightly garbage run x3
    switch x2
    professor oak x3
    sprout tower x1
    gold berry x4

lightning energy x18

anyway basically its suicide. draw through your entire deck with comps , oaks, and mistys wrath, get out zapdos, and kill everything in site. Gold berrys to remove the damage zapdos does to himself =). And any energys discarded with wrath zapdos can get back. tell me what you think.

2. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

You may want to take out a misty's wrath or 2 for another cleffa and maybe a sprout tower. Also, if you don't care about only having old cards in this deck, you may want to replace some electabuzz with a few mewtwo delta (from the ex: holon phantoms set) and add in a few supporter trainers like pokemon fan club (e-aquapolis) and castaway (ex: crystal guardians.) Otherwise this is a pretty good classic deck (I miss the good old days...)

3. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

I always played control zapdos when i played. run the poke lines you have but add in Challenge!(lets you fill your bench and your opponent does the same) then Play rockets sneak attack and The rockets trap. they have a full bench and no hand to evolve anything, perfect for speed kills with rockets zapdos and buzz.

4. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

I'm surprised you're not running Energy Removal and Super Energy Removal with recycle energy, I thought that was what plasma decks were all about.

5. ydsavaged

ydsavaged New Member

its not a control deck though, this versoin is all about speed, and removals would be a waste considering how many cards are getting discarded due to wrath.

6. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Plasma works best with Removals. R. Zapdos is only T3 70, so it doesn't really stand a change in speed for those old unli speed demons (E. Puff, 'Tuff, Sneasel).

Out:

8 Lightning
    4 Misty's Wrath

In:

4 ER
    3 SER
    4 Bill
    1 Stadium of choice/Oak

You can throw away enough energy with Oaks, C. Searches and Item Finders and get enough back with Zapdos/NGR.

Challenge is a bit dubious, with all the Sneasels and Wigglytuffs running around in old Unli.

Around the time I was active (TR-NG), nearly everyone had a deck like this. I took a tournament with Brock's Sandslash/Brock's Protection/Pewter City Gym.

7. ydsavaged

ydsavaged New Member

Ok well im not going to even comment on the 10 energy thing because thats just absurd. Not one person plays wiggly or sneasel where i play seeing as they are all little kids who dont even own any decent cards, besides a few of my friends, lol. Anyway i give u tons of credit for winning a tourney with brocks sandslash man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.