Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited or Modified

Am Pm

Ok, I see a lot of different thought's on Unlimited and on Modified. So I would like to know which you prefer. Be sure to state your reason.

I prefer Unlimited bucause anyone can play. It don't matter what card it is It's allowed, except for very few. In Unlimited it doesn't even matter what set you play. All set's allowed and all deck's allowed. Unlimited may be harder because of Sneasel and Slowking and ect. but hard battles are alway's the funnest.

So, Unlimited or Modified?

Depends on how I feel.

If I feel like a good, long, relaxing match, Modified.

If I'm feeling cutthroat, blood thirsty, murderous, et cetera, Unlimited. Anything goes! Especially turbo-snorlax. Feel the fear meat!

for the most part, I perfer modified simply because I feel rogue decks show up more and have a better chance. however we just started a "house rules" version of unlimited. so that might be promising.

Modified, because unlim is the same EVERY SINGLE TIME. It just gets boring playing with and against the same sneasels, slowkings, clefables, er/ser etc.

Casual by a long shot. Not as many power decks to worry about, no deckbuilding restrictions aside from 60 cards per deck and 4 of a card per deck. A "block" format (e.g. Gym only, Neo only, Base1-Jungle-Rocket only) is interesting because it'd be interesting to see what decks people'd use.

Modified. I just like the different strategies that can work where in Unlimited the Different strategies seem to never have a chance when facing Sneasel, Slowking etc.

Modified simply because I don't have the right stuff to play Unlimited and not lose to competitive players every time. Oh, and I can't stand the Babies one bit. :)

Modified is my favorite because it changes every once in a while. It has a lot more variety in decks and this modified has alot of good cards to draw from. It is also the format that must be used for major tournaments.

Modified. Unlimited can be fun, against the right opponent. But most of the time it's just annoying.

wow a lot of people prefer modified over unlimited, I like both but I like unlimited more. Besides I cant play modified cuz my entire card collection was taken except for my Dark Wiggly deck. After 4 1/2 years of collecting.

I prefer Unlimited. Speaking of Unlimited, I just played in an Unlimited tournament today...walked away with 3 packs of SS. Not bad for deciding to split the finals prize. ^_^

Can't stand it when people split the finals prize. When I run a tournament, regardless of the game, I want the finals to be a clash of titanic proportions between the 2 best players, not a cop out like that.

around here we all play unlimited.. and it's not that bad, really.. there were only like two people who used sneasel, slowking, and the like.. and they dont' even go to our league any more.. so we all basicly go rogue and have fun.. we just use the cards we LIKE to use

sounds like a great place, since it's all unlimited. In unlimited anyone can play any card they like. That way, it's fun for everyone.

I prefer to play in Modified format. You can try many new ideas. Plus, with the limited card pool, I feel it's easier to play.

But most Malaysians prefer unlimited because economically they can't afford to play modified.

Definately Modified.

I don`t mind an occasional Unlimited battle,but as has been pointed out,most everyone gets sick of the same decks,the same ER/SER to death,etc.It just got to the point where it got boring.

But I will say that I do miss those days when the Hays and the Wiggly`s ruled.The Raindance and the Damage Swap decks,not to mention the others, vying the "BBP" decks for supremacy.Thats when our tournaments were averaging 55-80 people...the days when my kids and I won alot of those tournaments the store owner wouldnt report to DCI...but alas,the game evolved and is better for it.

`Sensei

Back