Unlimited,red,blue,and yellow tournament! What should be the guidlines?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by bkminnis, Nov 4, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Thinking of organizing this format into a tournamnet but there are many issues here. Can any of you gaming fans give me some advice on how to work out the bugs?

2. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

well, firstly, you might want to have a level cap. 100 is a good one, as it prevents misingno's from entering play. Another important thing to make sure of is no sharking. Another nice rule to ballance play is no cumulative legendaries (legendaries being aricuno, zapdos, moltres, mewtwo) so that someone could not use more then 1 legendary on their team. Also, this one is a rule that isnt too much of a biggie, but you might want to ban mew from play.
    If you want to make it battle-tower esque, you might want to put a max # of pokemon lock, for example a team could consist of no more then 3 pokemon. Another rule you might want to consider is no cumulative attacks/types. Though this is quite restricting, it promotes creativiity and calls for a definately more interesting tournament.

PS: For your signature, you have to close the tags, i think its something like [/size ] and [/font ] without the spaces at the end.

3. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

great!

Thanks for all your help,,,all good stuff. This is a tuff one,,, but we would try to have 2 sides to the room,legal,, and all the cheats you want. Some like to use the 255 level. I think limiting team size is very good.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

could allways make sure it is RBY only, no learned attacks from the GSC series.

Stuf like Alakazam with Elemental Punches, and others become alot more powerfull with GSC add on moves

5. Baboon

Baboon New Member

I'd just simply check that none of the players' Pokemon are messed up in any way, such as only natural R/B/Y things (through Mewtwo), and nothing that looks sharked or sent to Gold/Silver/Crystal to be bred to have moves it normally wouldn't.
    In addition to this, I'd make 100 the cap, as above it means Missingno or hacked things are allowed.

As far as Pokemon limitations, I wouldn't have any except no more than 1 of a Pokemon. Meaning, no more than 1 Mewtwo, etc. If a person wants all Legendaries, let them. Just makes their birds prone to Electric.

6. Dek

Dek New Member

It sounds like a very good idea. Here are my suggestions:

Have 2 types of tournies:
    lvl 50 (just like at the RS challenge)
    lvl 100

Here are some rulings you can use for both:
    1. Legendary Pokemon cannot be used (also from RS challenge). This would bring a lot more fairness in the tournament.
    2. Your last Pokemon cannot use Selfdestruct/Explosion/Metronome (I decided Metronome because there is always that chance that Metronome CAN turn into SD/Explosion.

7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I wouldnt say Metronome, unless it does use Self Destruct/Explosion

as far as legendaries goes, RuSa tourneys only disqualify Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon, the other 5 legendaries (3 Regi's and 2 Lati's) are perfectly legal. To translate it to a RBY, Mewtwo would be the only Pokemon I would ban (sides Mew since it is more often than not sharked). The 3 birds are easy enough to handle with other Pokemon, Mewtwo is a beast no matter what you use against it....

8. Dek

Dek New Member

Um, you just said exactly what I said. THe reason I said that No Metronome for your last pokemon was because of the chance that SD and Explosion can be triggered

9. surfingpika

surfingpika New Member

What you could do is a total level cup like the total pokemon's levels cannot add up to more than 500, and no pokemon can be over level 100. Mewtwo should be banned, and the only mew I see trouble with is SD mew.

10. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

level 100 banning is useless, as there is only maybe 4 points in differences of stats from lvl 99. In any case, Metrenome seems fine.

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

the simplest would be to just make sure it is RBY moves only,

no Mewtwo or Mew (more for cheat reasons),

have a level set, prolly either 50 or 100, no Pokemon the same,

errrrr, no held items, oops.......

No Self Destruct/Explosion as the last move.

And if you want it timed, the RuSa tourneys dont allow a recovery move (ie Rest, Recover ect) after 8 minutes.

If you want to run a second for cheat Pokemon, then do that as well.... but I think the main tourney should be legal, just my opinion

12. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

A time constraint on battles should be set. 2 minutes/pokémon would work OR you could cap retreats/healing items at something like 5 so you can't consistantly heal or switch to stay in the game.

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I dont think, other than recovery moves, you can heal your Pokemon, link battles dont allow items to be used, or so I thought... it has been along time since I link battled on RBY, but I am pretty sure on that.

Switching out only allows the opponent to get a free move/hit on you normally, but in case there is a tie after the time limit has passed (assuming you use a time limit) then let them fight to the finish with the 2 Pokemon already out, switching shouldnt be allowed after that....

14. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Sorry spectreon, i meant recovery moves :). was in kind of a rush when i was writing that, sorry. Constant switching is still a stall method despite the free attack.