Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

US Rarity (or lack thereof)/Pearl/Crystal?

PokéMart

Last I heard, the TFG in the U.S. was not going to have any rarities. Does anyone know if there will be chase figures (pearl/crystal)?

If not, it seems like the prices of these are going to fall very fast.
As a rule, the only thing that keeps games from hitting the floor after a couple of months is the presence of chase/rare items.

I think Aaron said that it's going to be No Rarities and No Pearl/Crystal figures.
Quite disappointing, but maybe future sets will make up for it.

what do u guys think abt my idea of using magnetism on the figure ?

i mean, there's a piece of magnet on both the figure and the spinning base. when u wanna spin it, u attach it onto the base and spin it. After ur match, u can take it out and display it as a figure.

what do u guys think abt my idea of using magnetism on the figure ?

i mean, there's a piece of magnet on both the figure and the spinning base. when u wanna spin it, u attach it onto the base and spin it. After ur match, u can take it out and display it as a figure.

How does that have anything to do with this topic?

Last I heard, the TFG in the U.S. was not going to have any rarities. Does anyone know if there will be chase figures (pearl/crystal)?

As a rule, the only thing that keeps games from hitting the floor after a couple of months is the presence of chase/rare items.

just to make some figures special though~

I am actaully still worried about this. However the fact that it is being pushed back and is closer to holiday time makes me feel that it is actually worth a shot. If I do well on the first set I would buy some of the 2nd set if there is one. But, I think it is a risk as there are no rarities or chase figures. But I rather give it a shot since it is pokemon than not.
JMO,
Drew

from what i hear, the figurines that will be hidden and the ones that will be shown in the boosters are fixed. so like, groudon will always be a shown figure while lugia is always a hidden figure (this is an example. i don't know which will be hidden and which will be shown). so i guess, technically, some figurines will be harder to find than others.

^^^
Well it is just like that in the TCG with Precons, It makes Infernape easier to obtain, but that doesn't make people want it less as long as it good or cool, like Charizard.

I like everything being common myself, but I also know the last TFG I played that used that bombed (Dungeon Dice Monsters). To me it just keeps prices reasonable for trying to get everything by actually buying the stuff initially. I know I'll still get doubles and thus trading will be required. Plus, some figures just won't be as popular and so even the secondary market should have a shot.

Reducing the randomness would certainly be welcome. Those of us in Aus who purchased them often found issues with distribution of figures in the boosters. It's a real pain to buy 4 boosters (for a stupidly high price), only to find you've got 4 Weedle, 3 Lugia, and 1 Charizard, or some other ridiculous combination. In larger markets, that might not be such an issue, but in smaller markets like Australia, that just gave young players unnecessary duplication of figures, with no way for them to easily trade them away for something else.

I'm just going to get the figures to display. I've always like the way the figures have looked, and these TFG figs look really good. I don't mind the lack of rarity at this point, but who knows how this game is going to fare.

i bought a booster w 2 figs, only to find out they're baseless when i got home... Guess i'll have to buy starter packs to get hem.

IMO they're too expensive. U are paying 10+$ only to get like 2/3 figs. Thats rip off.

You wouldn't happen to be Australian, would you? The American release has bases for the figures in boosters, from what I heard.

im just from Malaysia... I dont really expect too much ppl to play here as it's expensive compared to our relatively low income:frown::frown::frown:

Hmmm....I wonder if the South East Asia release used the Australian, the European, or the American boosters.

I expect you're in the same position I am now though. No way to really get the figures anymore without ordering from overseas, and a distinct lack of people to play with outside siblings.

Could someone post pictures of the Crystal/Pearl figures?

It makes sense that the game bombed in other markets, too many factors. I don't understand why they needed a "test" market. This game has chances of succeeding in Japan and the US though,after that they could have expanded the market.

They also took so long that now Diamond and Pearl are out with new Pokemon, I guess that is why there is a booster method of getting D/P Pokemon.

No rarity might be a good way to start the game here though, I mean especially since its aimed at kids, who would spend 4 dollars to get 1 figure that they don't know what they are getting and it could be their fifth weedle, the game would bomb. Especially if they are more expensive and include 2/3 figures. Plus what is the main selling point? the figures themselves look amazing, they need to show those off.

Everyone want special things, just look at tcg. U'll be proud if u have some ***.

Now, this tfg doesnt have any rarity. That would be bad as when u get ur first groudon and is about to show it off, u hear ur friend saying : hey thats a groudon. I have 4 of them at home. Then u get angry +sad and go home with a lame face.:frown:

Back