UV Lux

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Steve=0, Sep 3, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

This is a deck.

Pokés:

4x Shinx MT
    3x Luxio DP
    4x Luxray DP

1x Skitty CG
    1x Skitty PK
    2x Delcatty PK

1x Corphish HP (Guillotine)
    1x Crawdaunt ex

2x Magnemite PK
    2x Magneton PK

Trainers:
    2x Windstorm
    2x Rare candy
    1x Night Maintenance
    1x Warp Point
    1x Switch
    3x Super Scoop Up

Supporters:
    2x TV Reporter
    1x Copycat
    3x Holon Mentor
    3x Castaway
    4x Bebe's Search

Stadium:
    3x Crystal Beach

Pokémon Tool:
    2x Strenght Charm

Energy:
    8x Lightning Energy
    3x Multi Energy

Strategy: Do 80 with Luxray and move energy's to another 1( if multi attached, Crawdaunt is good too)Shinx is prefered to start. Crawdaunt ex is for combo with Gleam Eyes and it can hit good damage too. I Don't Play DRE, 'couse it is discarded if energy's is moved to Shinx and Crawdaunt. Delcatty is to draw and Magneton pick the Delcattys discarded energy back. I tested Magnezone, but I dont ever need it, and magneton is much better there.

Card Strategys.

Shinx variations:
    Lets see our 2 different Shinx we have. Both have 60HP that is good, and pretty normal weakness and Retreat cost. Weakness can be problem with mario, but it still the new weakness what is good point. Resistance is ok to Magnezone and something like that come's in play. Then lets see the moves.
    Shinx DP has 1 move as does it counterpart, but Shinx have Rawst Berry effect, that save you from Arbok DF, that no-one play anymore . As first look Sninx DP is better, but there it doesnt. At the start ur oppent usually have 1 basic so you can hit normally 10. Mt does same thing but, it can with flip(if you got fast delcatty) attach it discarded energy to Shinx what makes you be more fast to Luxray. Also Shinx Mt is cuter ;s.

Luxio:
    We 1 Luxio so we must see how good that 1 is. Luxio have 80 hp, what is pretty normal. He got +20 weak to fighting, nothing good, but also -20 resistance for steel. Retreat is what i really like it, 0!(why luxray have 1 :( ). The moves are pretty good. Fasten Claws can T1 kill Elekid/Budew/Chingling that is only in play and win, but it requires a Rare Candy and Flip :(. I like Thunder fang: With 2 Lighting Energy it do straight 30 and may inflict paralyze, what can make you time for Luxray's high Attack Cost.

To Be Continued ->

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

IMO, Luxray's attack is totally garbage, but his power combined with crawdaunt ex is a pretty entertaining deck. In fact, playing daunt as the attacker altogether could be interesting.

However, I can't see how you play this deck without SSU. 4 SSU would allow the possibility of 6 luxrays in 1 game, which would theoretically give you the win if you kept the combo going. The biggest problem with a deck like that, though, is that you give your opponent complete control over when you splash back. But, if they're unlucky enough to have a basic in their hand, you can splash whatever you want. ;)

4-3-4 luxray

3-3 crawdaunt ex

2-1-2 meganium d

or something like that

3. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I recommend playing Luxray with a 2-2 delcatty and a 2-2-1 Magnezone.

The Magnezone allows for free retreating for Luxray if a Metal is attached so just attach a DRE or Multi and there you go!

Magneton PK is a Great backup hitter and with protecting the energy with Luxray, it keeps more in play for added damage! Just a thought!

4. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

Update.

5. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

I still feel like Raichu with him is better. Why?

With Luxray you can't have cessation, and he's a stage 2. It just takes up more slots.

While I'm at it, I have the same beef with Blastoise. Rai-daunt just seems the fastest Crawdaunt there is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.