VA states report (top 8)

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Time for Pain, Mar 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I used Mag/Claydol/Blaze. Found out there is no more high roll.:frown: 6 round, top 8 cut.

Round 1 vs. David A w/ GG
    I think I got a pachey start to his sentret and he goes first. He decides to use grope my pachey.:lol: I call for stuff (my hand is horrid). he uses furretts keen eye next turn. I topdeck a celio to grab claydol and smash short. He then uses wager and I lose and proceeds to use keen eye. My new hand after wager Candy, Blaze (PK) and Magmortar, I draw candy to blaze play mag and use cosmic power for six and use smash short. He then brings up 1 of his 2 Gardy (he forgot he couldn't use 2 telepass) and uses psychic lock w/ a pluspower to find out he is 10 short (DRE). I attach somewhere and use smash short. he uses psychic lock for the KO.
    I bring up a mag level up, attach a scramble, and KO him. he then brings up a gallade and uses psychic cut for the KO. I bring up a second mag attach a scramble and start to spread damage. Eventually we are 3-3 on prizes and time is called on my turn so I snipe his Furrett FTW (blaze GE)

1-0

Round 2 vs. Michelle Peck w/ Gardy lock (from Florida)
    I don't remember alot about this game except the last 5 min. when she has 1 prize to my 5. I had an active mag and used fireball bazooka for a double KO. She brings up a mawile (CG) that had 30 on it and passed. I then level up, burn her Mawlie, and snipe something for a KO and she flips tails for another KO so now it is 1-1 when time is called and on her turn she has nothing and passes and she flips another tail on burn FTW.

2-0

At this point we started talking and she said she would've given it to me and also that she had enough to stall me out but she decided not to.:thumb:

Round 3 vs. Luke R w/ Mirror
    He starts with a torchic to my magmar and goes first. He burns my magmar. I flip tails, topdeck an energy and do 20 (heads on burn) He then benches a pachey and uses wager and I win then he uses peck. I get another heads on burn evolve remove 20 and KO. He uses CFF to get stuff including a diglett. I attach and spread. He evolves into a dugtrio so I can't hit his bench:frown:and uses another CFF. I then KO his active and he brings up a claydol to stall. I level up, burn him do 60 he gets heads on burn he does stuff and passes. Gets KO'd by burn and I KO what he brings up. At this point it's 1-6 on prizes so I win by getting another KO (don't remember how)

3-0

Round 4 vs. Mark W w/ GG
    I don't remember much about this game except that he used a rare candy on a furrett to avoid a donk but then needed it later because his last one was prized.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Kevin F w/ GG
    I get a bad hand and get crushed.

4-1

Round 6 vs. Angelina W w/ GG
    Shes 3-2 and thinks she won't make it even if she wins it doesn't matter because I beat her handily anyway. I don't remember much about the game.

5-1

so heres top 8 (no order)

Johnny R. (me) w/ Mag/Blaze/Dol
    Mike P. w/ Mag/Blaze/Dol
    Luke R. w/ Mag/Blaze/Dol
    Kevin F. w/ GG
    Alex S. w/ Blisscatty
    Mark W. w/ GG
    Spencer N. w/ Gator
    David A. w/ GG

I am facing Alex

Top 8 vs. Alex S. w/ Blisscatty

G1: I get setup quickly and get a very easy win
    G2: I get donked
    G3: see G2

So I am pretty disappointed after getting donked 4 times in 2 weeks (all in top 8)

Props:
    Michelle Peck for showing Spirit of the Game
    beating Luke
    making top 8
    Mr. T for another great tourny
    Spencer ... because he is Spencer

Slops:
    getting donked by a guy who didn't want to be in the cut:nonono:
    getting donked 4 times in 2 weeks

See everyone at regionals!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. MKPokemom

MKPokemom New Member

Nice report! Again, it was great meeting you. Good luck at Regionals! No more donking in top 8, ok? LOL

3. Time for Pain

I'll try to stop getting donked and thanks

4. ChristianOrtiz

ChristianOrtiz New Member

gj johnny :p

UGG

youll have your time soon XD..

with out the donking XD

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

It's Gatr. Call it Hurricane again and I'm never responding to another one of your PMs. ;)

Also, the last guy in T8 was your Round 1 opponent, David. I think you were his only loss. GJ on the day, bro, see you at Regionals.

6. Time for Pain

I won't call it hurricane again (i also had no idea david made the cut as I was too busy being donked) also found out that the donk took 20 points off my ranking =(

7. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

GJ Johnny!!!!

Congrats on another top cut finish.

I'll be at league on Friday, so we can discuss the metagame and stuff.

(Though, Nats may be a possibility, depending...)

8. Time for Pain

sounds good