Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Venomoth Strikes Back!!

tyranitar42

First off, I want to thank you all for reading this. I got the idea for this short tale from some pokemon episodes where we see pokies abused and abandoned (Charizard & Chimchar come to mind...), but we see ash scoop them up, give them TLC, and all is right in their world. What if the Pokemon got fed up, and fought back? That's where this tale tries to go, and I hope you like it. I have plans for adventures in the Veridian Forest, and Venomoth meeting a Bug Maniac, but that's for later. Your comments and/or complaints are appreciated (complaints will be ignored, BTW)!!! ;) LOL

VENOMOTH STRIKES BACK!

It hovered over the prone body of it's former trainer, brimming with anger, and regret. Never had Venomoth used its' abilities on a human before, let alone its' master and trainer. The psychic burst it let loose was exceptionally powerful, but Venomoth had no choice, not if it wanted to live to see the next sunrise. besides, Jasper, his trainer, really had it coming.
All of this started eight weeks ago. Jasper was one of those spoiled rich kids, born with a gold spoon in his mouth, got everything he wanted, and therefore had no appreciation of anything. His parents, who were actually a bit afraid of him (Jasper had a real mean streak to him), so to get him out of the estate, they gave him an all expense paid, two week vacation to the safari zone. While there, he captured many pokemon by hitting them with rocks till they were knocked out, then he found they were easy pickings for the Safari Ball. That's how he got Venomoth.
Little did he know this was a very special venomoth. It was trained by a Pokemon Ranger, who taught it very effective attacks, and raised it from a very low level Venonat. When the Ranger retired, he gave the Venomoth to a preserve, which was bought out adn later developed into the Safari Zone. It was pure chance that Jasper caught him unawares, as years of docile and peaceful living in the zone must have dulled his awareness.
From that day on, Jasper found amusement in neglecting, abusing, and even torturing the docile natured bug. That raises the question; What made this Venomoth finally rebel?
It was a "training" battle Jasper forced him into, against a Charmeleon that Jasper bred to be especially viscious. While the Venomoth was clawed and burned, Jasper sat in an ornate chair, sipping at a soda, laughing.
Venomoth was nearly done for. It knew that if the Charmeleon knocked it out, it could be several days before Jasper decided to revive him, and then only for more punishment. Docile or not, it decided it was time to take action!
Charmeleon was preparing to use it's ember attack again, but Venomoth was faster, using Toxic. While the Charmeleon reeled from the poison coursing thru it, Venomoth hit it with a full frontal psychic energy assualt. Between the poison and the pyschic bolt, Charmeleons' eyes rolled back, and it tumbled to the floor in a heap with a thud.
Jasper, in shock and awe, let his soda slip thru his fingers, jaw agape. The bottle hit the floor and shattered. The shock wore off, and Jasper went into action. He picked up a jagged piece of soda bottle and ran at the tired Venomoth. Jasper swung wildly, but venomoth easily flew out of Jasper's reach.
Venomoth was tired. After his battle with the Charmeleon, it was getting hard for it to even stay aloft. It used Giga Drain on Jasper, and could feel the boys energy fill him.
Jasper teetered on his feet, holding his head. he couldn't see right. Everything was blurry, or double vision, it kept switching, and his head felt so light. "You....You can't do....this." Was all he could say.
venomoth did not let up. gathering all his recently acquired strength, he hit Jasper with a full power psychic blast, which sent Jasper flying across the room, to hit a wall, and slide on down, out cold, brining us back to the present....
That left only one thing for Venomoth to do;escape! High above it, it found a skylight in the vaulted ceiling. Flying higher and higher, it crashed thru, raining glass below. At last! Venomoth felt the coll and crisp night air, saw the gibbous moon and twinkling stars of the Kanto region night and for the first time in weeks felt truly alive!
Where would it go? What would it do for food? it hovered for a moment pondering these things, when it finally decided that none of that mattered. All that mattered is that it was free, so with quick, strong flaps of it's membraenous wings, it flew deep into the starry starry night.

NEXT: THE VERIDIAN FOREST

Lemme know wht y'all think! :)

Thanks for your kind words, charmander rox. It's appreciated. I should have the 2nd part up and online next weekend. anyone else read it?

I want you all to really hate Jasper. Wait till you see what I got planned for him. He will become a very worthy adversary, but in the end, as always, get what's coming to him. venomoth has planty of adventures ahead for him, if any one takes interest. if not, at least you and I can enjoy it! LOL

This is good so far. Can you somehow get Jasper's parents back into the story? And Charmeleon? I have a feeling that those characters will fit perfectly in the fan-fic.

This is good so far. Can you somehow get Jasper's parents back into the story? And Charmeleon? I have a feeling that those characters will fit perfectly in the fan-fic.

Thanks for reading and the kind words. I do have plans to bring back Jasper and Charmeleon (well, actually evolved into a Charizard) in the 3rd. part. As for his parents, they may make a brief appearance in the 4th or 5th installment, but we'll see.

I'm almost done with the second installment, which will take place in the Viridian Forest, and Venomoth will meet a co-op of bug maniacs. I should have it posted by sunday night, so keep watching!

Venomoth In The Viridian Forest

HERE'S THE SECOND PART. I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT. I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR COMMENTS!

VENOMOTH IN THE VIRIDIAN FOREST

The flight from Jasper's sprawling estate to the Viridian Forest was a long one. Soaring due west, with warm winds to help it, Venomoth flew over Lavender Town and the ominous Pokemon Tower. From it's vantage point in the sky, it still felt the strange and disturbing energies emanating from from it.

It glided over Saffron City, a huge metropolis teaming with glass and steel buildings, with one, the Sylph Co. skyscraper, stretching high above the rest at the cities center.

Tired from the long flight, Venomoth perched on the rooftop of the Sylph Co. While resting, it spotted far off in the horizon the beginnings of the Veridian forest, hazy but within reach. Renewed with hope, Venomoth started up and westward once again not that it could see, but not quite touch it's goal.

The sun began to rise as Venomoth made it to the forest. Landing gently on a branch of a nearby tree, it scanned its' new surroundings.

It saw bushes bearing luscious berries, and soft green grass. It saw tall, majestic trees with ripe fruits, felt cool, inviting breezes, saw caterpies inching their way across dewey earth. It heard Pikachus scampering and frolicing. Everything was fresh and clean and Venomoth knew he found his new home.

Venomoth heard a rumble, and was surprised to find it was his own stomach! It had to be days since it last ate. Sure, it could use giga drain to gain strength, but that's not the same, so it fluttered down to a nearby bush, and heartily ate of the juicy berries growing on it.

With its' belly full, it flew back up to the shady foilage of the tree and fell fast into a deep deep sleep. It woke up, the sun was bright in the high noon sky, which was the clearest azure. Venomoth was in the middle of it flying free. Quickly, it grew dark. Thick clouds blanketing the sun, lightning and thunder rumbled, and the ground far below shakes and cracks open. Jasper slowly rises out of the fissure surrounded by sulpherous flames. he had grown to gigantic proportions, and his eyes glowed a menacing red. from his fanged mouth spewed flames and his hands turned into taloned claws. With a demonic cackle, Jasper reached out with taloned hands, ripping at Venomoths' wings, and it went plummeting down...down...down...

Venomoth woke with a start. It had hoped that with this new beginning, the dream, the same one it had since its' capture that long time agao, would subside, but not yet. Some wounds took longer to heal than others.

Below it, Venomoth saw and heard the Caterpie, Weedle, and even Butterfree and Beedrillmoving deeper in the forest. The pikachu followed, jabbering about about a kind trainer being back, and bringing back lots of good food for all the Pokemon in the forest.

Curious, Venomoth decided to investigate. Keeping somewhat hidden by the treetops, it followed behind the rest, wanting to see this kind trainer that they were all excited to see again.

NEXT: VENOMOTH AND THE BUG MANIAC!

Lemme know what you guys think so far! =)

good and btw thats a strong venonath

Thanks! It's based off the venomoth I have in Emerald

Venomoth Lv. 75 id no. 56169

Naughty Nature

Item:leftovers Ribbons:3

HP:193
Att: 148
Def: 122
Sp Atk:159
Sp Def: 136
Spd: 169

Powers:

Protect 16/16
Giga Drain 8/8
Toxic 16/16
Psychic 16/16

Those are it's stats. It may seem powerful now, but things will happen that it CANNOT cope with by itself. but that will be in parts 3 & 4, so stay tuned and thanks for reading! =)

nice venonath i am working on a fan fic i will not leave it and it will be better then the last 1 and it wont be copied from any1

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we all look forward to whatever original tale you have to tell! I will ask you to please check this thread out next Sunday. I will have the third installment finalized and ready by then. It will be exciting, with the beginnings of a great battle, so stay tuned

You can't exactly call these installments. They're more like chapters.

Good story so far. Venomoth has a naughty nature, that could be interesting...

Charmander......

I used the word installment very loosely. Like the old serials of the 40's, this little snippets are truly chapters. I have been outline what is to come, and I hate to say this, but alot of excitement is on the way! Just a few things I'd like to share:

A co-op of bug trainers, who study and train bug pokemon from the ENTIRE poke'-world!

The returnand revenge of Jasper, with a pimped up Charizard and Houndooms vs. the Bugs! (can We say lost cause?) =0

introducing Jasper's parents (wait till you see who they are!)

Jasper vs. his parents

and alot more!

See what you did charmander rox, I started talking about the chapter plays, now I'm teasing the story like 1! LOL

great story! excellent vocabulary! you got me wondering whats gonna happen next! keep it up!!

Last edited:
Now for the Next Installment....

Thanks for the praise, and now, the next chapter....

VENOMOTH AND THE BUG MANIAC

He flew above and behind the herd to avoid detection. They finally came to a clearing, and in it sat a young man. He was tall and lanky, wore glasses and had a goatee growing. He dressed simply in a white t-shirt and jeans, and his hiking boots were well worn. His hair was curly and unruly, like a hedge long in need of pruning.

Next to him sat a trainers' backpack, and it was stuffed. The trainer reached in, and pulled out several large bowls of pokefood. The wild pokemon charged the bowls, gorging themselves excitedly.

The trainer then reached behind him, and threw out three pokeballs. A Scizor, Heracross, and a Parasect popped out, and ate from their own bowls.

The trainer looked up, seeing beyond the branches and leaves, staring right at the Venomoth,"There's nothing to be afraid of. Come on down here and get some food. I will not try to capture you." The trainer flashed a disarming smile.

Venomoth was wary, but hunger got the better of him. It didn't help all the other pokemon were feasting and carrying on, enjoying themselves and the food. With a flutter of his glitter-scaled wings, Venomoth flew down to hover before the trainer.

The trainer put out another bowl of food for it, and while the Venomoth ate, the trainer got up, and walked around him, inspecting him, "Well, you may be in the wild now, but you're certainly not a wild pokemon, and look at the size of you! You have got to be the biggest Venomoth I've ever seen!" The trainer moved in a little closer, inspecting his wings and body, "What happened to you? I see singe marks, and some scratches....hmmm. I have a few questions, lik who trained you, what are your abilities, andhow'd you get these wounds?" All Venomoth could say was ,"Veno-veno-venomoth !"

The trainer smiled, "No matter. You just eat as much as you'd like. That food will fix you right up, and heal too! I made it myself! It's got calium, zinc, iron, proteins and carbos, as well as a sprinkling of restore and and pokeblock! Nothing's better!"

The venomoth felt his whole body tingle as he ate. Scratches disappeared, wings healed, and vitality returned to it.

"I'm being rude!" The trainer exclaimed, "We haven't been introduced. I'm Jim, a pokemon trainer who specializes in bug pokemon. I'm a member of a co-op with other like minded trainers. We have a preserve sort of, where we raise, study and train the various bug species in all the regions. If you'd like, I can take you there, show you around....you won't be forced to stay, but man, I'd like to find out more about you!"

Venomoth looked up from it's food and regarded Jim. An offer of food shelter, a place to belong...more than he's been given these past few months. it would seem an easy decision, but Venomoth was leary. What if this Jim turned out to be like Jasper? Too soon to decide....

Jim gestured to the scizor, "I saved him from poachers. The Parasect I saved from an abusive trainer, and Heracross..."Jim began to chuckle,"Heracross I saved from himself! He has a very brave nature, and didn't back down from a fight with a Tyranitar mother who was protecting her young. Not very bright, that one, but brave, that's for sure!"

Venomoth sensed that Jim meant no harm, and it would be nice to be in the preserve, and maybe even have a good trainer again.....

Before it could give a reply, all the other pokemon became startled, and ran off into the forest. Scizor, Heracross, and Parasect took battle ready stances,"Be Raedy for anything, guys." said Jim

Venomoth turned, and saw rustling in the bushes, and coming closer. HOUNDOOM! DOOM! DOOM!
was all that could be heard.

Jasper! Venomoth knew it was him! He wanted revenge, and now jim, and his bug pokemon were caught in the middle. Well, there was no backing down now.

"Houndoom!" exclaimed Jim, "we gotta make this fast, or they're gonna toast us! Parasect! Focus your spore attack on the houndoom! Heracross! Use your Megahorn attack and try for the one hit KO! Scizor! Use your double team/slash combo to distract it if the spore fails! Now Venomoth, I don't know your abilities, but help us in any way you can, please!" Venomoth had no intention of refusing the request.

Crashing thru the bushes then came Jasper. He held onto three very large and mean looking Houndoom by chain leashes and spiked colloars, adding to the intimidation factor, "Well, well,well. If it isn't my ungrateful little Venomoth. You cost me alot of time, and fun, tracking you down bug. I'm gonna make you pay too. Pay, in spades! Don't think you're psychic ability is gonna work here, cuz the Houndoom, they're immune!"

Jim stood in front of the 4 bug pokemon, "Why don't you just back off and go on home? The Venomoth ran from you, obviously you didn't give it the love and respect it needed. Forget about it!"

venomoth was shocked! Jim didn't even know it, and here he was sticking up for it? Venomoth knew for sure this guy was good.

"I see you've found some friends here in the forest. They can't help you though. I'm gonna fry you all!"

jasper released the leashes holding back all three of the beasts, "Houndooms! use Flamethrower attack at full power! Fry them all!"

next:

JASPER STRIKES BACK!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Part 3 is up now, so come on and enjoy!

Last edited:
Jasper is selfish, a narcissist, and a sadist as well, so insanity wasn't too far away! The next chapter is gonna be alot like "Empire Strikes back" meaning all the bad stuff is gonna happen, then in part 5 it all gets good, like return of the jedi, but I promise you guys, NO EWOKS!!!!! LOL

Back