Venomoth with who?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by KAZUTO!!!, Mar 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Okay, so today I have discovered that Venomoth's Body can get very annoying, put them to sleep and then doing 50 is pretty good, especially with Poison. I have thought of some combos with it:

Venomoth with Butterfree
    This is the deck I played. Basicly, T1 Buterfree, and whenever you want, Free Retreat to Venomoth, let them hit it, Poison & Sleep them, bring up Butterfree, attack.

T2 Venomoth
    Don't think this would work, as Venomoth maxes out at the low 50 damage, so it takes a little while to KO anything. Of course, it might last a little longer against Gallade...

Venomoth with Weezing
    Make them hesistant to attack, because if they do, they'll be taking damage from Weezing's extra Poison damage, and Disturbance Dive.

Venomoth with Sceptile and Tangrowth/Eggs
    Basicly, Scepygutor/Scepygrowth strategy, just with another backup hitter.

Venomoth with Sceptile
    Energy droughts become rare, and you have a backup hitter in Sceptile. Also, it might help recovering from a KOed Venomoth, as no dought they'll die quickly.

So, what I want to know is what you think Venomoth works best with. PLease say why, or this will become a poll. And please don't say how bad it's matchups are against Magmortar, I know.

2. thegatekeeper

thegatekeeper New Member

totally different energy requirements... but venomoth with darkrai? If they flip tails you have an 80 hit attack ready!

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Hm... that could be fun! Unfortunatly, different Energy types could be bed...

And, though again with different Energy requirements, but... Empoleon? Counters Magmortar!