1 Copycat
1 Broken Time space
1 Luxury Ball
1 Rare Candy

Energy:13
2 Warp Energy
2 Rescue Energy
9 Psychic Energy

Strategy :to trainer lock opponent and start using poltergeist for the win.A rather common strategy for most vilegar decks
so hope you guys can help to do abit of fixes and maybe some teching. Thanks in advance :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I've run Vilegar prides itself on consistency, so just a few tips here.

- The deck requires an early Vileplume via Spiritombs. and without running the most ways to make this work, you will be incapable of guaranteeing a Turn 2-3 lock.

- I max out Call Energy and Pokemon Collector to make sure that Oddish is out as soon as possible. Once the lock is set up, you can begin focusing on your Gengars.

- Trainers should not be present in this deck whatsoever. If you achieve perfect lock, you're wasting cards in your hand, and setting yourself up for bad mirror matches. I love Luxury Ball and Rare Candy as much as the next guy, but even I know that they're wasted cards to me for a majority of every game I play. (And if you are using these ever, then your lockdown has ended, which means you are in deep crap.)

- Your energy ratio is massive, even moreso when you consider how many you might be pulling with Interviewers. Call Energy's are a must, and you don't need quite as much Psychic energy when you can pull them back with Palmer's.... Speaking of which, where is your Palmers?

- Not running a Gengar Level X is a massive error. If you run into Dialga G Level X without this card, you're toast. Dialgachomp is already an unfavorable matchup. Not running the Level X makes your matchup with Dialgachomp unwinnable, and I MEAN this.

- Mewtwo Level X is a suggestion, but not a requirement.

- A Gengar PRIME replacing one of your Shadow Room Gars is a possible option. Gengar PRIME saved me numerous times against Gyarados.

I'd say to fix some of these errors, I'd go more into depth on your trainer line as some of your numbers are sketchy, and I really don't like some supporters in your list (I prefer Copycat to PONT), I hate Interviwers Questions, and I would max out Bebe's.

I can't make you a list, as that should be up to the creator, since I believe deckbuilding is a critical part of being a good player, but these suggestions should help you somewhat.

It needs Gengar LV X

It can benefit from:
+1 Crobat G
+1 Rescue Energy
+2 Broken Time Space
+1 Palmers Contribution

I would say:
-2 Interviewers Question
-2 Lookers
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Psychic Energy

You already run Mr. Mime so you shouldnt need to look at their hand with Lookers
Gengar LV X's Level Down is crucial in SP and Mirror matches.
Crobat G gets you multiple easy KOs per game on Uxies/Azelfs/Mesprits/Smeargle
3 Broken Time Space for consistency
Palmers is needed for recovery.
A third Rescue Energy is huge, nothing is better than hitting Fainting Spell and then laying the whole Gengar line back down to attack the very next turn.

I use to run rare candy but it's just a waste, especially with only one.

EDIT: Call Energies are an option, from my experience, they are not needed. I took my three out once Rescue was released. I never even used them while I had them in.

^ I still run Max Lookers for multiple reasons.

1.) If you achieve perfect lockdown with one Gengar against Lostgar, you can Lookers yourself and keep your hand size down to prevent them from pitching Pokemon.

2.) Mr. Mime is a free prize. Luxray can pull it up, Garchomp can snipe it, etc. I don't like having that extra liability on the bench when I could be setting up for a solo Mewtwo after flushing out SP decks' solo counter. Lookers keeps you from having to waste that bench space.

3.) It's a double edged sword when used by on your opponent. Your opponent will lose their current hand (could be massive), but they can either choose to a. draw one card and play M:TG for the rest of the game (in other words play off the top deck), or b.) risk getting a maximum of 150 damage from poltergeist. Good analysis from you knowing how much trainer/pokemon/energy ratio is in each deck and keeping track of possible outcomes will maximize this possibility.

I hate unnecessary bench pokemon. If I didn't have to play Uxie/Azelf, I wouldn't play them either. This deck can live off a small bench and I've tread on that path countless times. I really just don't like having Crobat G in here, saving my Seekers for other moments.

Thanks for the response guys. Well honestly speaking, its quite hard to get a gengar x here.
But I still find that running 4 lookers and a mime is good too since I have the ability to check their hands.
Mime is also searchable. For the sniping issue, I feel like there's no choice around it. I'm thinking of maxing bebe and collectors. But once everything is set. They will just be dead hands. I feel what you said about the trainers. Will take them out

Thanks alot naki!! Btw I see it to be very successful btw! Btw I have seen a deck which is a mash up of lostgar and vilegar. Btw I will really try my best to follow that list :D appreciate loads

hey here's my vilegar list i hope this help you

4-3-3-1 Gengar SF/lv.x
2-2-2 vileplume UD
2-2-2 machamp SF
2 uxie LA
3 spiritomb AR
1 unown q MD

3 bts
2 judge
2 twins
2 looker's
1 palmer
3 collector
2 seeker
3 bebe's

3 psychic
4 rainbow
2 call
2 rescue
2 warp

I find Crobat G to be one of the most important cards in the deck.
He makes it easy to take prizes. I get atleast 2 Prizes a game from him.

for jonatas. i really dont understand about the existence of machamp sf in this deck. plus having a 2-2-2 line would make the deck really heavy.

and espy i do agree with crobatg but it would really be a free prize for the opponent especially when i use it just for the 10 damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back