Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Vireiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerG

This is my first deck for the new format. I used to play last year but quit sometime around March. I haven't tested this yet, so it may need alot of work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Electivire/Blissey

Total: 60

Pokemon: 20
1x Electivire LVX
3x Electivire DP
4x Electabuzz d DF
4x Elekid DP
4x Blissey MT
4x Chansey MT

Trainers: 23
2x Strength Charm
3x Windstorm
3x Warp Point
2x Team Galactic's Wager
2x Castaway
3x Celio's Network
4x TV Reporter
4x Holon Mentor

Energy: 17
2x Double Rainbow Energy
2x Scramble Energy
3x Boost Energy
10x Lightning Energy

Strategy:

Blissey is a big beatstick that can take alot of damage. She retrieves Lightning Energy from the discard pile to stack on easy, early damage. I chose the DF Electabuzz over the DP one because its Poke-Power is quite useful when I can't go through a Rare Candy into an Electivire. Electivire can get Energy from Blissey using its Poke-Power since Blissey can easily pick up free energies. Electivire LVX has a great Poke-Power that deals 20 damage to any pokemon that my opponent puts an energy on. It also punishes my opponent for using Tools and Stadiums since its attack can make it temporarily invincible.

Last edited:
The problem of your deck is the huge retreat cost of Blissey and Electivire, it makes your strategy slow,I think that the 2 warpoints are no sufficient; In addition, how will you do it against MARIO? Good deck in any case, good strategy, congratulations!

Yeah, I've thought about dropping 1x Night Maintenance for another Warp Point. I think I will. Mario does seem like it could tear this deck apart very easily, but I'm not sure on how to counter Mario. Blissey is very strong but she just doesn't cut it when it comes to dealing with Machamp.

What could I do to improve that matchup of Vireiss vs Mario?

IMO You can put a 1-1 tech line of Blastoise (d) it would come well against Mario, you can play it easily since you've Holon Mentor and Rare Candy; The problem is what to remove?! =( ...

vicarious: That seems like a good idea. I'll try to test the Blastoise d and I'll let you know what I come up with. I would like to fit in a few energies that he could use such as Doulbe Rainbow Energy.

Blaziken1111: I might keep in a 1-1 Delcatty line to make room for the 1-0-1 Blastoise d line. But for now I'll completely remove Delcatty from the deck.

Thanks for the input, guys. Let me know if you have any other suggestions or comments.

¡Good luck! Try to publish the results of your Matchups!
PD: Take off 1 or 2 windstorm, Your Electivire LV.X will be grateful for it! XD

The three rare candies are for faster starts with Elelectivire and for the Blastoise d Grystal Guardians. It is really good tech that saves my pokemon from taking tons of damage from their weaknesses (Lucario builds mostly). You should try it out too.

You cant Rare Candy an evolved Electabuzz into Electivire, read the card "Chose 1 of you BASIC POKEMON in play..."

Well the problem with Blastoise d is, a lot of popular fighting pokemon go very well with cessation crystal or battle frontier which both shut down Blastiose's pokebody. Maybe try 3 Fire and 3 Holon FF? Or just don't worry about weakness, Blissey and Vire will still take 2 hits to kill most of the time.

Also I think you're missing one of main points of the deck, which is to get out a bunch of evolved Electabuzz d and play Team Galactic's Wager without the risk of getting stuck with a 3 card hand.

With Bliss-vire just disregard the weakness (Blissey still is 2 HKO by most fighting pokemons, unless they play lake boundry) and go for speed. Increase the elekid-buzz line to 4-4, 4 boost for sure. Remove blasty d and 3 candies. TVR over adventurer. And yeah, find space for a wager.

Thanks for all of the help so far. I've been testing it against my friend's Lucario/Empoleon build and it does pretty good imo. I'll test more with the fixes I've made on the deck (Another Update).

Just try and see if there is anything else I'm missing. I honestly didn't see the synergy with Electabuzz d and Team Galactic's Wager until you mentioned it Jayson. I used to not like TGW due to it being so luck-based, but now I understand why it serves a purpose in this deck.

I am sory but you have all fight weakness man!! I think that Blissey is good but maybe you can combine with another Pokemon that doesn`t have weakness to fight, maybe some psyquic to counter Fight Pokemons, seeya!

Have there been any Blissey/Electivire decks to win a Battle Road tournament? My starter is Chansey...

Any more suggestions?

your list is looking much better now, yes, blissvire has won several BRs. I would still do

-3 lighting
+2 scramble
+1 dre

DREs and scrambles work great on electivire especially if you're behind late in the game

-1 TGW
-1 charm
+2 TVR

you need more dump-draws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back