Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia regionals 2010

Squirtle

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Well, i found super cheap flights to Va so thats where i went.

I took a gamble playing kingdra/machamp(which worked super well for aaron in Ga). It has good matchups with most things (sp and pluff mainly). I got horrible matchups and some unfortunate luck. I went 1-3. I figured big risk and big reward, it just unfortunatly didnt work out for me.

I still had an amazing time. The nances, Brian L, and just everyone up there makes it always a pleasure to go north.

We also had a Junior from FL win (Derek K) at only 7 years old. Mad props to him!!

Props:
Kieth and the entire staff. You guys are alwayz great and underappreciated.
Nances
Mad props to Vanderbilt Grad for going 5-2 with Giratina
Leary
derek and the rest of the Kaplans
My dad for foing 6-1
Ness for being undefeated untill (at least) T8 inFL
many many more

Slops:
electivire/nidoqueen
electivire/nidoqueen
electivire/nidoqueen
electivire/nidoqueen

excuse a few typos, posted from iPhone

Last edited:
I like those big risk/big reward decks and cards. Like we noted prior to the tournament, our metagame is pretty random sometimes. I just hate that your rogue choice hit an unexpected autoloss first round. : (

It was great meeting up finally though, and we're all looking forward to Nats.

Sorry about those pairings, man. Electivire Nidoqueen, win, and then a Grass deck? What'd you play against round 4?

Played against a jumpluff deck that went 2nd, and flat popped off. I opened w/ uxie, bat, vs hoppip and whiff energy to ko. Topdecked baltoy instead.if i had to lose i was glad to see my opponent go on to make cut.

I still had a good time

It was great actually getting to talk to you. I lost trak of how many times I heard folks saying, "Did you know that the worlds champ is here?" The younger kids in particular would get wide eyes of amazement when they heard that. I think that I heard at least 3 people ask each other "What do you get if you win Worlds?" I had to lol.

Thanks for the props! I'm sorry that you ran into the pairings you did ... and, man, lone Chatot going first vs Scizor / Cherrim. Ugh.

Thx for coming up to VA Steve! You guys are great and I look forward to any time we get to spend together. Far too few times my friend! Until Nats, take care of your sweetie Michelle.....I think she is a keeper!

Keith

Sorry about the bad luck man. I also had some rough luck, but I still think it was the best play going off of the info we had before the event. It was SO good against most of the format. :'(

Me -- "Steven?"

Squirtle - "Yeah, how ya doin'?"

Me -- "William W. -- 'Rogue Archetype' "

Squirtle - "Ok... nice to meet you man"

/end encounter with world champ... lol

You were smack in the middle of a convo already w/ the Florida crowd and I had to bounce over to judge our Regional Champ that you mentioned above ;)

But... nice to meet you man.

William (aka The Junior's judge) aka *Rogue Archetype* aka ("who was that guy again?") ... LOL!

Back