Wailwall ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Cyrus, Apr 5, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Bah, I don't know if I should be doing this, but oh well...fun times! Introducing a new archetype...of sorts: Wailwall ex!

(NOTE: Before the actual deck, I must give you spoilers, direct from Fakecard.com!)

Undoubtedly, you have seen Feebas and Milotic from BaD MoM, or Walreign, but I'll post it again!

...Don't forget the Castforms!

So, without further adieu....the deck:

~~~WailWall EX (EX-ON)~~~

Pokemon (21):
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    2 Slowpoke
    2 Slowbro
    3 Wailmer
    3 Wailord ex
    2 Castform Water
    1 Castform Normal

Trainers (24):
    4 Root Fossil
    4 Claw Fossil
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    4 Wally's Training

Energy (15):
    15 Water Energy

Yet another godly thing that spawned from my love for Milotic, and Wooper's snooping around the brand new list. Lord save us all! Anywho...here's the basis: Your goal, should you choose to accept it, is to get out a Wailord ex, a Slowbro, a Milotic that can be Briney'd over and over again, and several fossils out! Although there's no energy manipulation, there is a LOT of damage manipulation...Milotic, Briney, and Root Fossil will make your opponent go MAD! I can count on Wooper to avidly playtest the thing, and I'll help, as soon as school gets easier X_X

Wailord ex is coming back to power, folks, and it ain't pretty!

BTW, like the name? Wooper's gonna kill me for posting our list, but I think it's worth it!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  2. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

I think this deck might have a chance to beat bar and i cant wait to see how it does when the cards come out. You might want to edit the trainers a little master ball isnt too good. Maybe replace a couple master balls with professor elms training method.

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

It's an EXon deck, man.

Darn straight I'll kill you, Patriarch. I worked on this for two whole minutes before I told you, and what do I get? I stab in the deck...er...back! That really hurts me, man! You and you're obsession with Milotic...and stop with the "good times" (these are all inside jokes that you commoners wouldn't understand...ADV6 will throw Pokemon into chaos, these are CHAOTIC times. (well, 6 months from now, anyway....o_O)

Heh, two archetypes in a row! I'm on fire! I'm just kidding, of course. It's more like 8.

Pokemon: Good, but add two Wobbuffet, they can have damage moved onto them, and Blaziken EX can't hurt them on the bench, and actually resist attacks while they're active, so DON'T SAY WHISHCASH! Also, add 3 Corsola for early game draw...that's a lot of basics...they won't mulligan now....XP.

Trainers: Work to be done...to compensate for the two wobb, ditch one claw fossil and one root fossil...NO MASTERBALL IN ADV5 OR ADV6! WAAAAAH... Put in Bill's Maintenence, they help with the whole putting cards back into the deck to stall with and such. 2 Wally's should suffice, this deck can afford to take it slow, it's a stall deck, after all. sounds aight, I'd go 3/2/2/4 Reporter, Wally, Maintence, POR, and 4 Briney of course. 22 Trainers. 2 Warp Point is cool too. We'll ditch another Claw Fossil, Corsola and Wobbuffet can take the damage.

Energy: Multi for Wobbo.

New list:

Pokemon (23):
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    2 Slowpoke
    2 Slowbro
    3 Wailmer
    3 Wailord ex
    2 Wobbuffet
    3 Corsola

Trainers (22):
    3 Root Fossil
    2 Claw Fossil
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Bill's Maintenence
    2 Wally's Training
    2 Warp Point

Energy (15):
    13 Water Energy
    2 Multi

15 Supporters and 21 BASICS INCLUDING THE FOSSILS! o_O - Yes, me an Patriarch are insane, yes we shouldn't have released this, bla bla bla. It was Patriarch who did it. Not me! If you'd like to volunteer to playtest against this thing, gimme a holler at RecnepS0070, my AIM, I don't have apprentice but can playtest thru AIM by using substitution of cards for others.

IT'S AN ARCHETYPE BROTHERS THING.

Woopah out.

4. Cyrus

Pfft, great minds think alike...the whole fifty of us! I think we contributed equally to this lil endeavor. I noticed Slowbro's potency too, but instead of going to the biggest thing out there, my mind went to that stupid Chansey ex heal combo, not to mention Milotic! Don't go claiming our project as yours with some "Pats" on the back! ^_-
    This is our thing, all fifty of us! XP

Well, I like a lot of the ideas you offer...however, I'd opt for other things.

Pokemon (23):
    4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    2 Slowpoke (Aqua Vs Magma...NOT ADV6 =/)
    2 Slowbro (ADV6)
    3 Wailmer (Sandstorm)
    3 Wailord ex
    2 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)
    3 Corsola/2 Castform Water and 1 Castform Normal

Trainers (22):
    4 Root Fossil
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Warp Point
    2 Wally's Training
    2 Desert Ruins

Energy (15):
    13 Water Energy
    2 Multi

I personally don't like Maintenance at ALL, so this is a far easier, less-complicated fix. -4 Claw, +2 Wob, +2 Warp...oh yeah, and some energy switchin' to make Wobs playable in the deck!

FYI...
    Although it may conflict with Milotic, usually, they'll be taking damage, while you heal yours. Their ex's will suffer TERRIBLY!

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

It was ME!!!!!!!! ))_((

Weirdness. But anyway, the most recent version looks near perfect, I think somewhere there's a supporter that lets you use the effect of a supporter in your discard pile, I heard one of the trainer cards we got scans of from ADV6 was this card...maybe that boy with the glasses? Card's name will probably be translated: Jermy101.

ROTFL. I'm just kidding. If their are such cards, we'll need to find space, but right now I think we could ditch one Corsola or that Castform Normal for...maybe a Bill's Maintence, then ditch a Reporter for a Maintenece. I just have this gut feeling it'll work in the deck...to bad it's 2 AM and I can't playtest it.

Wooper

6. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

This just in!!!

A new supporter card in ADV6, courtesy of Nick15:

Supporter:
    Search your deck for one pokemon card (excluding pokemon ex) and put in into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Wally's Training now sucks in this deck. Of course it CAN get Wailord EX, but I have 3 of them, as opposed to two of the others; I'll most likely draw Wex with Corsola, POR, Reporter.

Ditch the Wally's Training for this card. I think it's called Netsushi's Network or somethiing.

ROTFL. NET SUSHI!

wooper

7. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

This deck could use some Battle Searchers:

8. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

O_K - Eye Twitches severly.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patriarch, what do we take out? How about those fossils which I know you love? Bwhahahahaha...

WOoper

9. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yeah, I would say take all the fossils for 3 Battle Searchers and 1 Warp Point.

10. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hm...here's my new list...DON'T KILL ME PATRIARCH!

Pokemon: 23
    3 Dunsparce
    3 Slowpoke
    3 Slowbro
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    3 Wailmer
    3 Wex
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Igglybuff

Energy: 15
    13 Water
    2 Multi

Trainers: 22
    4 Briney
    4 Battle Searcher
    4 Netsushi's Network (lol...am I getting that right)
    4 Reporter
    4 POR
    2 Warp Point

No fossils...more focused on Brineying, now that I have eight Briney with Battle Seacher!

FUN TIMES!

Wooper

11. >_>'

>_>' New Member

Hmmm interesting, I came up with something somewhat similar after seeing slowbro on the spoiler. You guys posted this before I could post my version, so I guess I'll post in here what I came up with when I saw the spoiler. >_>' I don't have time to type out a deck list, but I can type a sketch for the pokemon:

x2 slowpoke
    x2 slowbro
    x3 wailmer
    x3 wailord ex
    x3 caterpy
    x3 metapod
    x3 butterfree
    x4 dunsparce

That's very rough, not adding much pokemon tech/support or proper pokemon amounts. It serves its purpose as an example though, and should be fun (although your version is more of an archetype). The goal is to attack with WEX then damage swap all the damage to the bench. When you've taken as much damage as you can hold, use super deep dive sending out butterfree as your active to heal 60 between every turn (if the translation is correct). Since butterfree has free retreat, you can send WEX back out next turn and have a total of 150 damage healed (60 twice from butterfree's power, 30 from super deep dive). Then continue the pummeling the very turn after you super deep dive, or continue to heal another 150 if you wish ^_^(you even have some type covering with grass/water) ;/. After reading this milotic seems like a great idea too ^_^.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  12. Cyrus

Hehe, I won't kill you! However, we don't know quite exactly what does what, so...ummm...yeah =/

I think I'd just put in Battle Searchers and take out Wally's. I still like Root Fossil enough to not take it out.

13. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Slowbro and milotic will be good in many decks not just wailord ex.

14. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Maybe we could fit in buffer piece? Suggestions?

Wooper

15. Cyrus

Well, I have extensively looked through good OHKO'ers of the big Whale, and I figured that Magneton (A force in some Blastoise variants), and Rayquaza (A force in some Blazi variants) are the best for the job. Wobbuffet, however, handles both well, so iono...*ponders* Would a third Wobbuffet really be in order, or would it make this difference this deck needs in a tight spot?

16. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

I say drop a Reporter and something else...maybe slowpoke? For two buffer piece. It'll help majorly against Rayquaza, and Wobbuffet in quantity of two is good enough.

I've been thinking: maybe Iggly would be a good starter in this deck?

Wooper

17. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

i hate to be the ones to burst your deck....but the slowbro only moves nrg's to slowbro (as per the hongkong guys fix) WE WERE SOOOOOO CLOSE TO HAVING STALL BACK

and i wanted it BAD (alakazam damage swap was one of my old favs!)

o well

18. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Serves you right for getting so stuck in the future with all these decks. :rolleyes: Nice try though.

19. Cyrus

Hehe, once BaD MoM came out, it was inevitable, lol XP

However, just because you can't move damage to anybody doesn't mean that it's all over for WailWall ex. Root Fossil has just lost most of its usefulness, is all. Slowbro still pulls damage off of Wailord ex, and Milotic still heals it. Life will go on!

...And to prove my point, here's the newly-revamped decklist, with the sad news:

Pokemon (26):
    4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
    4 Corsola
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    3 Slowpoke (Aqua Vs Magma...NOT ADV6 =/)
    3 Slowbro (ADV6)
    3 Wailmer (Sandstorm)
    3 Wailord ex
    2 Wobbuffet (Sandstorm)

Trainers (19):
    4 Battle-thingy-ma jigger-that-searches-for-pokemon-thing (ADV6)
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Warp Point
    2 Desert Ruins

Energy (15):
    13 Water Energy
    2 Multi

Well...in order for it to work consistently, you now need multiple Slowbros...at least 2 out, I believe. However, this isn't hard at all, considering the decklist and all. I just can't let it dissolve, folks! XD

20. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Um.......why do u think we put in a 3/3 Slowbro line? Lol, that's exactly why I ditched the fossils. (Told you, Patriarch; I knew they wouldn't be useful for some reason...^_^) Let's see, a WailWallEX deck with a 4/4 SLowbro line? Could be done...let's see:

Pokemon: 25
    4 Slowpoke
    4 Slowbro
    3 Wailmer
    3 Wailord EX
    2 Feebas
    2 Milotic
    3 Dunsparce
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Igglybuff

Energy: 14
    12 Water
    2 Multi

Trainers: 21
    4 Briney
    4 Battle Searcher
    3 Reporter
    3 POR
    3 Netshushi's Network (once again, did I spell that right?)
    2 Warp Point

Like? Love? Love to hate? Love to like? Like to love? Hate? Post it here!

Wooper

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.