Want To Make A Switch Deck (Help)

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Everwind, Apr 7, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Everwind

Everwind New Member

I am looking for a deck that allows me to make my opponent move his active pokemon to the bench so that I can control the tide of battle. I went to my first league event and I noticed many decks relied on a big hitter with lots of support pokemon on the bench and I was thinking to myself "self wouldn't it be great if you could keep the heavy hitter away from fighting until you can undermine their support?” I have seen several cards that switch the defending pokemon with one on their bench. I was curious if this is a valid concept type build, and if so how would you do it?

I was thinking cards that have powers like Starravia, or SW's Trapinch. It looks like Darkrai (Lvl 40) version also can send active pokemon to the bench along with Gible

I am new to Pokemon and mostly have cards from D&P on, and not that many.

Secondarily, do I go I go for energy removal on big hitter is switched out to keep the active pokemon from retreating or go with bench damage pokemon to slowly pick off the big threats???

Hmmm

2. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Check the Deck Help & Strategy section for tips on how to build decks.
    Chances are, you might find ideas from the decks overthere.

3. Deidara

Deidara New Member

You can try playing Palkia LV X. It allow you to move your opponent's Active Pokemon to the Bench but beware, the effect also applies on you...