Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Warning-possible Virus Being Sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance313

WARNING!

Just received an email which purported to be an email from an address from a WIZPOG Pokegym administrator. It contained a very suspicious zip file attachment, and as it was from an address that should not be being used anymore, I didn't open it.

Beware of receiving an email with the subject line of "Something is fool", especially containing an attachment with a Rankings.zip or Rankings.zip.com attachment. This may be a virus (I'M not about to open it without further confirmation) which is spoofing the sender's email address.

You have been warned.

Lance313
フィッシャー ランス

just so everyone know, this is a mass-mailing worm called the bagle-worm

if u go to one of the virus scanning websites, they will have tons of info on it

but the bottom line of it is this:

the worm, once infecting the computer, will access the email account and any mailing lists that are available

once this occurs, the computer sends out the email, as many times as possible with very friendly subjects such as, but not limited to

:D
:)
:p
hi
hiya..... etc...

every email has it's own code attached to the email.... usually there is a 6 digit code written in the email body....

opening the email itself won't infect u, but attempting to access the attached file will automatically infect your computer.....

the overall danger of the worm is minimal, but the havoc that it creates is maximized....

at the beginning, the sender information was spoofed, but apparently the newer version can access the personal information of the email account.....

just thought everyone should know what's going on out there...... it's infected thousands of computers but virus scanners are able to purge the worm

my college network has had problems with it, so i run virus scanner twice a day on my pc....

if u have any other questions, please visit mcaffee.com or another virus scanner's website, or feel free to pm me if those places don't answer ur questions

Yeah, the sender and topic are random.
So is the message, but it seems to be usually three words.
Bottom line: Don't open any Zip files that you are not expecting.
Or, for that matter, any attachment that you're not expecting. These things come along on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back