Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Water Kings: MY Deck after Worlds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mca3

I have been wondering on this deck idea for a Few weeks. I think this will be a Very Competitive deck for me at Fall BRs and/or CCs. So, Why not make a deck with 2 of MY Favorite Pokemon??? Please let me know what you think of my idea!!!

20 Pokemon:

3 Empoleon MD
2 Prinplup DP
3 Piplup DP

3 Kingdra DP6
2 Seadra DP6
3 Horsea DP6

2-2 Claydol GE

22 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

4 Bebes Search
4 Roesannes Research
4 Felicity's Drawing
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenence
1 TSD
1 Warp Point
2 Lake Boundry

18 Energy:

18 Water:water:

Strategy: Start with EITHER Piplup or Horsea, evolve and Spread Damage!!! Kingdra ONLY needs 1 Energy to hit them for Big Damage. Empoleon Hits for a Possible 100 with a Full bench, which is Awesome. Claydol is Here for Consistancy, and to keep energy in hand!!! I like this deck A LOT, I think it will be FAST and Powerful. I might change the Poke lines alittle, there is NO main attacker, they are BOTH very good at doing so!!! Please let me know what you think, if I made a Good idea or not, THANKS!!!:thumb:

Here are the Translations:

:water: Horsea LV.8 – Water – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Smokescreen: If the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent's next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, the attack fails.
[W] Reverse Stream: 10 damage. Switch Horsea with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

:water:Seadra LV.35 – Water – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Horsea

[W] Aqua Pump: 30 damage. You may discard up to 2 Water Energy from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 10 damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.
[W][W][C] Waterfall: 50 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)

:water:Kingdra LV.52 – Water – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Seadra

[.] Aqua Stream: Choose any number of Water Energy in your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and do 10 damage for each Energy card. Then, return those Energy to your deck and shuffle your deck.
[W] Dragon Pump: 40 damage. You may discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 20 damage and does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)

:water:Empoleon L.49 – Water – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Prinplup

[W][C] Dual Splash: Does 30 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Pokemon.
[W][W][C] Group Surf: Does 50 damage + 10 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon. Flip a coin, if heads do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)
Retreat: 2

THANKS for the comments!!!:thumb:

Last edited:
That's a lot of energy. If I were you, I would take out 4 Water energy and put in 4 Professor Oak's Research or something of that nature. Then again, I'm new to this whole deckbuilding thing

Yeah, you do. The thing with Kingdra is that you can get them back into your deck too. So maybe you could add Smeargle or Energy Search in there to get them back? I don't know, I just feel like 20 Water Energy is asking for trouble and could hurt you in the long run. Maybe throwing in some Energy searches or using Smeargle to Color Pick all the energies you take from the discard pile and shuffle into your deck? I don't know, like I said I'm new to this whole deckbuilding thing.

I would add in some Holon Mentors, maybe at the expense of a Roseanne's or something , it'll help you load up your bench for Empoleon and discard for Kingdra

I wont be able to, this deck is for AFTER Worlds. It would be nice if they reprint those things!!!

Play 18 energy at the most and also don't play emp with kingdra. They do not go together. Even if king can snipe for 2 that doesn't count as real spread.

Well, Blaze1111 they have a some synergy, I want to use empo to 30-30 spread or hit for the BIG 100, King will grab that Quick 60-20 for just 1 energy. I think it will work, I just need to TWEAK the Trainer line, I left it kinda crappy, because I am Not sure what all Trainers we will have during that time!

I like the concept, but the only thing is I don't think our DP6 comes out until after worlds. I know the pre-release is at worlds. So we will have to see if you can run it then. Nice deck though :biggrin:

Hey kd, this deck is for After Worlds. I hope it works well for me, I think this can be a Great BR or CC deck, if I can get the Trainer line just right. This is just a Rough Draft, everyone!!!

Can someone tell me how to use Kingdra and WHY it's good?

60/20 for 1 W, enough said!!! It is a SUPER fast card, it will work Awesomly with Claydol and Alakazam. I was even thinking of teching in Banette, because of King's discard ability!!!

I wont be able to, this deck is for AFTER Worlds. It would be nice if they reprint those [Crystal Beach]!!!
Yeah, but then again it doesn't matter. Remember, there won't be any energy cards that provide more than 1 energy after this format is up. Holon's Castform, Scramble and DRE are the last ones.
As for the deck, I would suggest finding room for Mantyke/Mantine for free retreats, though I don't know the retreat cost of Kingdra. For the trainers, you just have to test the cards out. You can play solitaire matches in Redshark with these cards using the relatively new Custom Card feature. In fact, I am going to put this list into my deck database for testing against my own post Worlds deck idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back