Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

way to beat a slaking???

skarmory777

In the GB games is there any way to counter a good slaking???If u have any tips please let me know.Theres a GB tournament coming up and Slaking is very popular.Please don't say fighting types or the move counter.I need specific pokemon with specific movesets.

Anything with fly, use fly on it. Use fly when the Slaking can attack, make sure your using a fast pokemon. Or have a poke with fake out, again use it when Slaking can attack.

Shedinja can't be attacked, but has no moves to dish out what-so-ever against Slaking. Slaking ranks among one of the toughest Pokémon to KO, next to Snorlax. Shedinja's main weaknesses are status inflicting moves and type weaknesses.

Why bother with Fly? You waste a turn going into the air, then use up another turn to attack. Arial Ace does a better job for Flying. But even so, not enough to take out a Slaking.

In order for me to help out much, I have to know the particular movesets used on Slaking that makes it so hard to beat (hard enough that it has beefy stats). So far that I know of, Heracross makes a nice way of dishing out the damage to Slaking.

Heracross @ Focus Band
Mega Horn
Endure
Counter
Reversal

With that moveset, you can dish out heavy damage to Slaking. Because first off, Mega Horn's powerful. Especially with Heracross being part bug and part fighting. Next we have Endure, to boost the chances of survivng a possible knock out. Counter is a great way to throw back an attack at Slaking with double the damage taken. Then comes Reversal where Heracross would want to use at around 1 or 2 HP. Reversal will do damage equal to the amount of HP lost. Focus Band will help in case you didn't use Endure, and hopefully you do get the effect of when it happens.

Give me a common Slaking moveset, and I'll see how I can help further.

The point of fly is to be in the air when slaking can attack, and hit him on the ground when he is lazy. Most things get raped by slaking, but when hercross comes out i guess you can use it. also good is the macho brace trick. Switch Slaking's Choice Band with Macko Brace. He then sucks.

Even so, Fly is still not a good move in-battle. It's much easier and reliable to take in two shots at Slaking than one, especially with its HP. Slaking can take hits, and using a move such as Fly isn't worth the gamble. And Macho Brace isn't such a good idea. Slaking is incredibly fast for something as lazy and big in body size nearly as much as Snorlax. Sacrificing Speed for Attack isn't exactly the best idea. The only way that could work is if you plan on just using attacks that always attack second.

Any Pokemon with Protect/Detect/Endure can take it down with ease... You dodge its attacks, it loafs for yours... perfect strat...

Pretty much the only thing that doesn't make Slaking as powerful as Snorlax is the fact that it has its ability which prevents it from moving on its next turn. If such weren't the case, Curselax would easily be replaced by a Slaking (possibly naming it Curseking).

too bad Snorlax can still learn Curse... oh well..... Curselax will be back....... either play it or counter it.... your choice...

PS Curse is an egg move on Snorlax.... YOU ARE WANRED!!!

Cross Chop? Please tell me someone can still get that attack. Or funnier yet:

Slaking uses whatever!
Rattata hung on with Focus Band!
Rattata uses Endeavour!
Rattata uses Quick Attack!

Hey, I can dream. :p Slaking, however, is completely, utterly sick with Hyper Beam. 120(?) BP and STAB, plus it attacks every other turn anyways.

Spectreon said:
Any Pokemon with Protect/Detect/Endure can take it down with ease... You dodge its attacks, it loafs for yours... perfect strat...

If you have to build a list around a pokémon, I pity you...

Many Pokemon can utalize these attacks without specifically targeting/countering Slaking..... I dont have any Pokemon that specifically counter him, was just offering the easiest sulotions... the only Pokemon I have trained with Protect has nothing to do with Slaking... and that is my evilclops, I mean Dusclops that looks lik ethis

@Leftovers
Will'o'Wisp
Protect
Double Team
Rest

with its Pressure ability, Protect gives me an extra Leftovers HP boost, and generally waste 2 PP of opponents attack, alternating between Protect and Double Team, Resting if/when needed....

other Protecter's include Absol (also for Pressure) and the affore mentioned Shedinja, and its alternate Ninjasc... other people use it on other Pokemon, but those are the biggest 4. None use it specifically for Slaking, but any of these would generally own Slaking (obviously my Dusclops wouldnt, with only WilloWisp, but you know what I mean..)

thx.most slakings have the moveset hyper beam,earthquake,shadowball,flamethrower.I takes advantage of all it's physical power and flamethrower for those annoying skarmorys.Shedinja doesn't last very long against a slaking with this moveset.Heracross doesn't take a hyper beam, and I've tried the fly thing.doesn't work.I've tried almost everything to kill y friends slaking and it's only been done about 6/30 times.Dusclops doesn't last long with shadow ball on slaking.Though his slakings stats are almost all maxed out.It's really powerful, but keep them coming.I'm working on a new slaking counter.Hariyam with fake out,cross chop,protect,whirlwind,@focus band.Fake out slaking then cross chop then protect then cross chop.I think it will work well.

LOL, my Dusclops would humiliate that. The one here that is used has all that -Flamethrowerm and +Rest Making it hard to take down soley with my Dusclops.... If that is its moveset, try my Clops. It is a tad time consuming, but Protect, Willo until it is burned, then Protect, DT, P, DT, repeat P/DT, will widdle it to no HP in no time. Also it will have to struggle if it doesnt KO from Burn. Toxic works well too, I just chose Burn over Poison (fewer Pokemon cant be burned).

Also, maybe a Salamance or Gyrados. Elimanates Flamethrower and EQ from being used, lowers Slakings attack a bit, then teach Protect.

Dusclops is taken out by 2 shadow balls.I've tried dusclops and salamance both got beat.I haven't had the time to raise a gyarados.Whats your line-up? alot of times pokemon work out better on specific teams.

how does it go down to 2 attacks that wont hit it??? it can only attack every other turn...

I generally start with Dusclops

Evil-Clops @ Leftovers
PROTECT
WilloWisp
Double Team
Rest

tehn follow with Latios or whatever else I have handy... last Tourney was Metgross, which is a bit unorthadox, but effective.... as follows

Khelondros @ Soul Dew
Ice Beam
Recover
Psychic
Calm Mind (wil be T-Bolt)

Metagros @ Shell Bell
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

The general Idea is to stall with Clops. He Burns the opponent, then does the whole Protect/Double Team alteration, causing opponent to garuntee miss every other turn, and DT helps miss the other turns. Pressure cause them to run outta PP twice as fast, leaving them with Struggle if they survive through Burn, or cant be burned (only R types, and some Wailord/Seaking).

Now, if he sends Slaking out first, battle should go like this....

Dusclops used Protect
Slaking used Shadow Ball (and misses cause of Protect)
Slaking is slacking off (Truant)
Dusclops uses Will-o-Wisp (Hopefully Burning Slaking)
Dusclops used Protect
Slaking used Shadow Ball (and misses cause of protect)
Slaking is slacking off
Dusclops uses Double Team (or Will-o-Wisp if missed before)
keep repeating....

I guess I can try it again but protect isn't the msot reliable move.I've had it miss the 2nd time I used it.So alot of times it never works when I need it to.In the last GB tournament I used Metagross,Walrein,Latios.I know theres a weakness to fighting in the but thatz what latios is for.metagross was a physical sweeper,latios special,walrein clean up.I was thinking of a team with Dusclops,Kingdra,Machamp

Dusclops@leftovers
will-o-wisp/toxic
protect
curse
rest

Kingdra@shell bell
surf
ice beam
attract
dragonbreath

Machamp@lum berry
cross chop
rock slide
earthquake
flamethrower

Heracross can indeed take a Hyper Beam. I suppose you just didn't work at it properly. If you absolutely know that Hyper Beam's going to come Hercross' way, go with Endure. Then once Slaking just slacks off, use this oppertunity to use Reversal. Counter is to be used when a hard hitting move is coming its way (that is indeed an Attack and not a Special Attack) and doesn't have the force to KO Hera in one move.

Hopefully that helps.

Back