Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Weakness (DP-On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still tinkering with some cards that I think at the least are interesting to use. I don't post decks just that I think are archetypical or dominant. I actually build stuff that I think is cool and fun to play. I think it's refreshing to be able to look at the whole game and make atypical stuff work. At least from a competitor's viewpoint, winning big events with your own decks just makes the win that much more gratifying.

Anywho...

Weakness
DP-On Modified

Pokemon: 19
4 Pachirisu
4 Porygon
3 Porygon2
4 Porygon-Z
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy

Energy: 17
4 Psychic
4 Lightning
4 Fighting
2 Water
2 Grass
1 Fire

Trainers: 24
4 Lake Boundary
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Professor Oak's Visit
3 Bebe's Search
3 Felicity's Drawing
3 Rare Candy
3 Bubble Coat
2 Night Maintenance

Strategy: It's a pretty simple deck idea. I like Porygon-Z because of its underevolution, Porygon2's Download PokePower. Just seems to help setup even more. The obvious combo here is Lake Boundary plus Porygon-Z's Conversion ability. This card follows my the trend I'm trying to establish where you have cheap attacks or energy acceleration. Tri-Attack costs just two of any energy. I mean just one of three heads with Conversion active and Lake Boundary in play is 80 damage. Now, I'm not foolish enough to play Lake Boundary when I have a lot of Fighting Pokemon in play. But if I do have to do it versus some, I can take advantage of Bubble Coat. I believe I have most common Fighting Pokemon weaknesses covered with my energy types.

Thoughts?

~Jim

Well, No Porygon Z Lv. X? My other issue is that his attack is so flippy. The real question to whether or not this deck is good....are you lucky?

I've played Porygon-Z before but I'm not the luckiest guy ever so it didn't work out well for me, bottom line is though that Porygon 2 should always be played at 4. This deck might be difficult to play dp-on because of the loss of Magneton but if you can pull it through, it just might do well. To play this dp-on you need to find out what your up agaisnt at a tournament so you can prepare your energies ahead of time to take down on trying to get them back from the discard pile. Porygon 2 is one of the fastest engines out there and that means that Claydol is not necessary in your deck, instead, to provide some support, play Dusknoir; its a very versatile card that can ruin an opponents strategy.

Kudos on the originality, I'm the same way man, playing with a deck thats all your own is so much better than getting a win that feels empty from using a archtype.

still 4-4-4. its like rare candies are useless. its quick kill. claydol is enough for speed but i agree that dusjnoir tech good but then play 4 candies. 4-3-4 is enough. yes porygon 2 is speed but 1. u rare candy usually. 2. y would u need 4? 3s enough its not like beedrill getting4 out ftw.

Still, if you play 4-4-4 Rare Candy can still be utilized because you may not always get/have Porygon2

If you have one, or if you can get one

-1 Porygon-Z
+1 Porygon-Z Lv.X

Good looking list!

The energy looks okay, but the problem with doing a metagame counter such as this one is that we don't know the metagame for sure right now. You are likely going to need to change the way the energy looks after we have established a metagame.

^^Agreed

And Rhyperior Lv.X, Groudon LA, Kabutops, and Gallade will all get the best of you. I like how you think red face paint should win, but you gotta be careful; theres literately 15 new and old Archetypes in store for us to play against with the new set, Legends Awake coming in august, just be careful is all i'm saying

Danny

Rhy X is SLOW.

Groudon LA is OK.

Kabutops may be a good SD.

Gallade is GONE.:biggrin:

I play Porygon Z myself, and do decently. The ZX is big for now, at least until the next season rolls around. Mode Crash is huge with all the decks abusing DRE's, Holon Energy, and Scrambles. 3 boundrys is enough, Pachi isnt needed IMO, but you NEED warp points, as you have no way to snipe or mess with their bench. I dont play straight Pgon, i use Ho-oh and Rotom as well, Discard energy with Porygon then use the Rotom to dump it on the Ho-oh. Works well for me, i would reccomend giving it a shot if you really like the Porygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back