4 Rare Candy
1 Scott
4 Stevens advice
4 cess crystal

energy 14
grass energy x 10
Dre x2
Scramble x2

Deck building is very tricky sometimes. You need to find a central them and focus your attention their. Like try Sceptile and Tangrowth. It can snipe and if you want you could try Exxegutor as well. Just play with it some you will get it :biggrin:

+2 sceptile

my friend played this (he uses tangrowth / torterra), my emporai really screwed up anyway

Not so trash worthy...

I have been trying to perfect my Torterra deck ever since I started playing TCG, which was about this time last year. In doing so, I have learned a whole lot of things that I wouldn't have if I had made the cliche gardylade or mortar decks--my point is, don't give up on something you like and have confidence in. If you have no confidence in your OWN work as a tcg player, then that is up to you and your decks. As to the deck, I took out Vespiqueen out a long time ago and I tried putting the suicidal Electrode from one of the newer DP sets (I forget the set), a line of 2-2 furrets (way too fast), and now I am going with simply putting strong leaf-type basics that will abuse the use of Sceppy's body. My current deck has the Claydol draw power and a line of 2-1-2 Sceppy's. I am going to try it on Battle Roads b/c I finally have enough experience and confidence with it.

Last edited:
my friend ran a deck like this at a Battle Roads, he went 8-0 and won the whole thing (even out doing a g&g deck)

he used unown g and attached to torterra lv. x, so it wouldn't donk itself.
2-2-2 line of sceptile, i think.
and a 3-3-3-1 of torterra. pachi for call and tools.

i dont know what his trainer line was like, but it was a consistent build.

Unown G was errata'd to only your opponent's effects, so that doesn't work.

Torterra doesn't need Sceptile to work, either. The fact that you're doing 60 for 1 instead of 2 is negligible. Treecko is horrible, Sceptile's attack isn't great, so you're only using it for the body. A stage 2 that has this effect should be much better than it is.

if anyone really plans on running this deck you need the leaf lv x hands down and need to abuse the one nrg vesp to keep the tank rolling. If i were to pull the deck out the trash to neone who is thinking of running this 3 eevee 3 leafeon and 1 leafeon lv x will help you alot and abusing the torterra lv x when you are down is a big help you can run this with out the vespqueen but when it comes down to it there is no grass poke that isnt weak to fire and it owns this deck hard its just not quick enough to keep up with fire starter and I feel that fire starter typho/mag is still going to be a arch type in nats not worth it. keep this one in the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back