Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Werewolf XVIII: Dimensional Clash: Wolves/Outlaws Win!

Pikamaster

What do you remember? You remember.... everything. You remember your life with little trouble, down to the meal you ate last week. But you don't remember how you came to be here. Why is that?

......wait, it's coming back. There was... that. And then you were here. The castle you are in, the surrounding forest, the creatures. You might know some of them, but you don't know the others. You don't even know if you know the ones you think you know... does that make sense? You think so.

Wait, something's happening. Someone is reading from... something. You can't see what, or who, but his voice is echoing throughout the room.

"I welcome you, one and all, to this slaughtering ground.

We have all been forced here under the most dire circumstance--a struggle between good and evil. There are those among you who were summoned here to help the forces of evil, and many more for the forces of good. And here you will remain until there is a victor. Each day, we must gather and decide on someone to lynch, else evil will quickly overrun the good.

Innocent blood will be spilled, but alas, there is no help for this. I hope we can minimize this, I will be working among you to help.

A last word of warning, the castle is filled with many secrets. If they will be unlocked, well, that is for us to discover."

You listen to the voice trail away, apparently the note is not signed. Someone else speaks up, but it is impossible to tell who it is.

"Why don't we just section off the people who look the most evil? I'd have my bets that one over there is as twisted as it looks."

But as he speaks, you feel tingling. As you look around, you see the appearance of everyone has been altered, and you assume that the same has been done to you. By the large number of people in the room, you assume everyone has gathered, and that the beginning of the end is at hand.

Welcome to Werewolf XVIII: Dimensional Clash

EVERYONE, old and new players alike, please read through the rules. They have been tailored for this game, and while there is nothing significantly changed, there are a few subtle things which you should all be aware of.

Basic Rules

1) Object of the Game
There are two main factions: The Werewolves and the Townspeople. A team wins when all opposing players are eliminated, or when nothing can prevent them from winning in this manner (excluding modkills not already set in motion)

2) “Game Days”

The game day is divided into two cycles, Day and Night.
2a) Game Day
Each Day, the village will try to lynch a player. To do so, a simple majority of the village must vote them out.
Half is not a majority.
The Co-Mods are the only people who may announce that a person has been lynched.

2b) Voting
At any time, in any post, you may vote. Whenever you vote in your post, vote in all caps, bolded.
VOTE: LUCARIO EX
You may unvote at any time, but you must specifically unvote the player you previously voted for before voting for a new one. You may only vote for one player at a time. You can unvote even if you’re not going to vote for someone else right away.

2c) Game Night
After the Day update, the game enters the Night. NO ONE may post unless they are announcing an extended period of inactivity, the moderator requests it, or it is specifically allowed by a role or game event.

2d)
During the Night those players with roles will PM me their actions.
At the end of the Night, the Night Update will summarize the pertinent actions, and Day will begin again.

2e) The game is over when we say it is over. If you decide it’s over and start revealing your role PMs and acting like the game ended... bad things will happen.

3) Basic Roles
There is one traditional role that appears in Forum Werewolf games: the Werewolves. Others frequently, but not always appear. Your Role PM will include all of the necessary details. Feel free to PM for clarification.

3a) Werewolves
The Werewolves are a minority of the town who desire the remainder of the town to be killed. The Werewolves converse through PM, AIM, email, Skype, etc. and decide who they will kill at Night. The Alpha Werewolf will then PM the moderator with their choice.

4) Other Rules

4a) All warnings relating to roles, post restrictions, etc. will be private. If you break a restriction, you will get a warning. The third time you receive a warning you are likely to be modkilled.

4b) You CAN NOT talk to other people about the game while it is in progress in any way, excluding game moderators, unless your role PM or game events specifically allow it. Breaking this rule will result in very severe punishment.

4c) Do NOT edit your posts. The first time you edit, you will receive a warning. After that, you are likely to be modkilled.

4d) Do NOT double post (with or without the double-post eliminator). The first time you doublepost, you will receive a warning. After that, you may be modkilled.

4e) Do not verbatim quote anything in your role PM, or fake doing so. You will almost certainly be modkilled if you do so. The same goes for notifications from the moderators of any kind, including any results from your roles. Posting things like "X is a wolf" is fine, even if it's in your result, or "I am town, etc.

4f) DO NOT THANK players for their posts. If you do so you will receive a warning. A second infraction is a MODKILL.

4g) Times for each Day:
A Day will last around 7 days from the posting of the Night Update.
A Night will last about 4-5 days, or until I receive all PMs from the individuals, whichever is shorter. Expect the update for that cycle at or within 24 hours after the deadline.

4h) Modkills
If a player is modkilled for any reason during the day (violating the rules, inactivity, etc), they are lynched automatically and the town goes into the Night phase. If the modkill occurs at Night, they are added to the list of the dead when the Night Update is posted. If the moderators feel that you intended to be modkilled for strategic reasons, exceptions may be made to remove any advantage gained, and possibly will put you at a disadvantage instead. If the moderators determine that you intended to be modkilled to ragequit the game, you may be banned from the next game.

4i) Leave of Absence
If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (4+ days), PM me and we will talk about either letting it slide or getting a replacement. If you do not let me know and are consistently absent from play that is grounds for a modkill or instant replacement.

4j) Do not delete any post you make. Deletion will be punished with instant modkill.

5) Death

After Death, you CAN NOT talk in the game topic anymore. PERIOD. You may not post to share information you have gathered, root your faction on, or provide bumps to other players. You may not talk to other dead players. You may not talk to living players, even if you could talk to them while alive. If this rule is broken it will probably result in a ban from the next Werewolf game and possible penalties for your team.

6) Any Other Questions
These may (and should! We like you to ask questions instead of potentially breaking rules!) be addressed to Pikamaster or Lucario EX by PM.
6a) Rules are subject to change (usually minor) should the need be (and usually not need be).

7) Common Roles

These will be listed in their most basic type. Any Moderator may make modifications to said roles if they wish. This just gives the basis for what the roles do. Roles may have modifications such as Sanity (Insane Seer, who reads Town as Wolf and Vice Versa), X-Shot (3-Shot Vigilante, who may kill thrice), or Wolf (ability for the Wolf Faction, rather than town). There is no guarantee that any of these roles will be in the game, that other roles will not be in the game, or that the names of these roles will not change in the game.

Townie (Vanilla Townie, Civilian). No Night Role, must use logic to find the wolves by what they say during the Day.
Mason. No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the village outside of the game thread. Defined as Town/Town aligned, but historically has not been so (see WW II).
Neighbor (Acquaintance). No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the village outside the game thread. No defined Role Alignment pairing.
Priest (Doctor, Angel). Night Role. May try to save one member of the village from Death during the Night. Whether this saves them from all attacks or just one is up to the moderator.
Seer (Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their alignment or their entire role PM.
Detective (Role Cop). Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their Role Card/Abilities.
Tracker. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see what they do.
Watcher. Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see who they target.
Vigilante. Night Role. May kill one member of the village.
Role Blocker. Night Role. May stop member of the village from using their role. (Does work on the wolf NK, if they chose the correct wolf)
Alpha (Godfather). Passive. Investigations of their Alignment return as "Town."
Jack-of-all-Trades (Pokemon Trainer). Night Role. May choose from one of up to X roles to use each Night. May be unable to repeat a role unless all X have been used, and may not be able to repeat roles.

Originally Posted by AbsolTrainer
So, if you would like to NOT be seen online, and KEEP YOUR PMing and OTHER ACTIVITIES a SECRET, I advise you to follow these instructions

Go to User CP --> EDIT OPTIONS -- > Check "Use Invisible Mode" Box --> Save Changes

While it is not specifically mentioned in the rules, cheating will not be tolerated and any purposeful instances of cheating discovered will be met with modkill and a ban from future games, which will be lifted only at the digression of future mods.

Now, please note that this game was created before the metagame analysis thread, so no, not everything talked about made it into this game.

Anyway, please, have fun. I've been looking forward to hosting this game with Lucario EX, it's been a joint effort to write it and it will be to run it. If you have a fraction of how much fun we've had making this game for you to play, this'll be the best game ever run.

And now, I have a personal request I hope can be mutually beneficial. Please consider it, details are as follows. As an optional research project, I am asking everyone playing to take a personality test and share the results with me. The personality test is for the Big 5 personality traits.

The study will be to see if these personality traits affect how well a person plays in certain situations, if behavior can be predicted in certain situations, etc. After which, the results will be made public to see if anyone can gain anything from them.

This is entirely optional. Nobody will gain anything by accepting, and nobody will lose anything by refusing. This is purely for informational gain, both for myself, as this will be counting as a college assignment, and for you, the players, to try to bring your gameplay one step closer to perfection. Some players have already expressed interest, and I hope that you will participate as well.

If you choose to, the test will only take you about 5 minutes. There is a section at the end asking for your age and gender, which you can fabricate the answer for, but it does remain anonymous. After taking the test, click on the "share results" button, and then copy and paste the link in a PM to me AFTER everyone has confirmed their role and the game has started.

The test is found here.

Thank you for your consideration,

Pika~

1. [DEL]Sandslash7[/DEL] Killed D5 (Asmodeus Poisonteeth)
2. [DEL]Jellyfisher[/DEL] Killed N4 (Zero Suit Samus)
3. [DEL]PMysterious[/DEL] Killed N3 (Wigglytuff)
4. [DEL]Human Destroyer[/DEL] Killed N3 (Tristan)
5. [DEL]Dragonclyne725[/DEL] Killed D6 (Kay)
6. DarthPika
7. [DEL]Kirbyking[/DEL] Killed N11 (Farran the Poisoner)
8. [DEL]King Piplup[/DEL] [DEL]Moo2[/DEL] Modkilled N2 (Urthstripe the Strong)
9. Shinori
10. [DEL]Cabd Butter nut ninja[/DEL] Modkilled D1 (Giratina)
11. [DEL]Thunderjolt[/DEL] Lynched D9 (Raikou)
12. [DEL]Pokemonrocks777[/DEL] Killed N9 (Sela the Healer)
13. [DEL]Scorri[/DEL] Killed N6 (Luna Tic)
14. [DEL]Jpulice[/DEL] Modkilled N6 (Link)
15. [DEL]SMP88[/DEL] Killed N5 (Constance)
16.[DEL] JewelQuest[/DEL] Lynched D4 (King Arthur)
17. [DEL]Glaceon[/DEL] Killed N6 (Polleekin)
18.[DEL] ProHawk[/DEL] Killed N6 (Electrode)
19. [DEL]Benzo[/DEL] Killed N6 (Suicune)
20. [DEL]Kayle[/DEL] Killed N1 (Foremole Diggum)
21. [DEL]Innocent Shine[/DEL] Modkilled N2 (Mew)
22. [DEL]PikaJewel[/DEL] Killed D11 (Galahad)
23. Eclipse
24. [DEL]Akane[/DEL] [DEL]Homeofmew[/DEL] [DEL]Schizo[/DEL] Modkilled N10 (Merlin)
25. [DEL]Pokemonplayer101[/DEL] Killed N10 (Entei)
26. [DEL]TheKing[/DEL] Modkilled N5 (Gawain)
27. [DEL]G landers [/DEL] Lynched D5 (Palamedes)
28. [DEL]Vegitalian[/DEL] Killed N10 (Gareth)
29. [DEL]Chanman[/DEL] Modkilled N3 (Morgan Le Fay)
30. Pokemonfreak5
31.[DEL]Jason[/DEL] Killed N4 (Fortunata)
32. [DEL]Scottistru[/DEL] [DEL]Arcanine/Arbok Master[/DEL] Modkilled N3 (Martin the Warrior)
33. [DEL]Waynegg[/DEL] Killed N6 (Lancelot)
34. [DEL]Tables[/DEL] [DEL]Benson[/DEL] Lynched D11 (Agravaine)
35. [DEL]Dave628[/DEL] Killed N6 (Brother Methuselah)
36. [DEL]StrongRhino[/DEL] [DEL]Azure Kite[/DEL] Lynched D8 (Mordred)
37. [DEL]Desufnoc[/DEL] Modkilled N3 (Boar the Fighter)
38. [DEL]Absoltrainer[/DEL] Killed D3 (Musharna)
39. [DEL]Vablakes[/DEL] Killed N6 (Latias)
40. [DEL]Crimsonsky[/DEL] [DEL]xxumbreonxx[/DEL] Killed D11 (Lady Cregga Rose Eyes)
41. [DEL]Diaz[/DEL] Killed N2 (Miror B)
42. [DEL]Sheepbro[/DEL] Modkilled N3 (Lynette)
43. [DEL]Luster Purge[/DEL] [DEL]Levity[/DEL] Modkilled N4 (Latios)
44. [DEL]Your Face[/DEL] Modkilled N4 (Polleekin [Insane])
45. [DEL]Ultimatedra The Bank[/DEL] Modkilled D1 (Brome the Healer)

Dead Town
Dead Wolves
Dead Enforcers
Dead Outlaws
Dead Independents

Replacements-
1. [DEL]Butter nut ninja[/DEL]
2. [DEL]HomeofMew[/DEL]
3. [DEL]The Bank[/DEL]

Also, one last thing. Please keep pre-game talk to a minimum. Last game, people were voting for each other because of an "inside joke" in the pregame.

Last edited:
I'll join this I was talking to benzo and he has convinced me...

I also believe that Benzo was going to join but i'll let him post

Back